Club Licence

4 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:
7 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:
Exactly, did clubs lose their history when the Districts merged and the Superleagues were formed?

Only time will tell. Its way too soon to make these type of off the cuff remarks

That was 17 years ago! Too early?

2 hours ago, Robert James said:

I completely agree with your views.

In trying to move forward on, the following questions are important to clubs and fans alike :

(1) the outcome of the licensing applications submitted before the 1st January 2019, which have been audited and considered by the Licensing Committee, and

(2) the outcome of any derogation requirements and/or applications regarding existing SFA member (pyramid) clubs , which don't have floodlights (eg Whitehill Welfare, Wigtown & Bladnoch, Coldstream, CS Strollers, etc),

I find it puzzling to understand why the (re)scheduling of the SFA Board is taking such a long time to meet, to consider the 2 issues highlighted above. Is the 'delay' because of 'administrative' scheduling difficulties, or is it due to 'political' reasons (eg waiting to see what the PWG decides about the West/north Tayside Juniors, or perhaps  the level of  additional club the applications to join the EoSL, if any) ?  

I agree that SFA Board meeting Agendas, Reports & Minutes are sensitive matters, and shouldn't be in the public domain before decisions are made. However, what I find baffling is that the DATE of the next SFA Board meeting (which apparently has to ratify the Licensing Committee's recommendations),  has not been published (or not yet decided ?), given the importance  of the above issues.   Most major organisations determine, and announce meeting dates, in advance. By not doing so in this instance (as we are already in March, and clubs need to know where they stand), it is tempting to suspect (wrongly maybe ?) that this has become a 'cloak & daggers' issue. 

I hope that the clubs which are awaiting the outcomes of (1) and (2) above, are in contact with the SFA, seeking confirmation as to when this meeting will be held. 

Probably not been rescheduled yet as MacRae and Maxwell were hosting the annual IFAB/FIFA meeting in Aberdeen at the weekend.

29 minutes ago, pipedreamer said:

Probably not been rescheduled yet as MacRae and Maxwell were hosting the annual IFAB/FIFA meeting in Aberdeen at the weekend.

Admin staff/PA's schedule/reschedule meetings, after checking the availability of the other SFA Board members.  Not the job of top executives.

Footnote : Glenrothes Juniors have issued a statement confirming they have applied to join the EoS. A licence application will follow asap.

Admin staff/PA's schedule/reschedule meetings, after checking the availability of the other SFA Board members.  Not the job of top executives.
Footnote : Glenrothes Juniors have issued a statement confirming they have applied to join the EoS. A licence application will follow asap.
Glens looking to the future? Who knows

Interesting times ahead.

21 hours ago, Robert James said:

Good news from Blackie Gold who says  "we will be in it to win it",  both for the pyramid and for Talbot fans.

However the interesting word in your post is  "IF.... Talbot do go to the pyramid"

I thought the West Juniors joining the pyramid, was a done deal (?) for 2019/20  !

You tell me because I'm none the wiser.

On 06/03/2019 at 18:32, Talbot 1978 said:

Its about getting some restored order.

There isn't enough pyramid threads on this forum.

Another week is drawing to a close. Have the relevant clubs seeking an entry licence, been notified of the date of the rescheduled SFA Board meeting yet ?

Another week is drawing to a close. Have the relevant clubs seeking an entry licence, been notified of the date of the rescheduled SFA Board meeting yet ?
I don't know Robert,

That'll be an issue between the clubs and associations so hopefully we will all know soon

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/03/2019 at 20:34, Talbot 1978 said:

I don't know Robert,

That'll be an issue between the clubs and associations so hopefully we will all know soon

The SFA Board is apparently meeting in the third week of April. Exact date, not confirmed. Agenda, not published yet : "too early".

The following clubs have apparently submitted a licensing application :

Blackburn, Penicuik, Jeanfield, St Andrews, Tynecastle, Broxburn, Haddington, Easthouses, Dalkeith, Camelon, Tranent, Dundonald, Cumnock Juniors, AN Other junior club (Talbot possibly, or Benburb if the West joins the pyramid),

Apparently Clydebank will submit a licence application as soon as the Holm Park redevelopment has been completed. Bo'Ness may apply once their ground is sorted out. Glenrothes have indicated that they will do likewise if elected to the EoS. 

It is believed that there are another 4 or 5 clubs who have applied, eg Musselburgh, Newtongrange, others ? 

The SFA Board is apparently meeting in the third week of April. Exact date, not confirmed. Agenda, not published yet : "too early".
The following clubs have apparently submitted a licensing application :
Blackburn, Penicuik, Jeanfield, St Andrews, Tynecastle, Broxburn, Haddington, Easthouses, Dalkeith, Camelon, Tranent, Dundonald, Cumnock Juniors, AN Other junior club (Talbot possibly, or Benburb if the West joins the pyramid),
Apparently Clydebank will submit a licence application as soon as the Holm Park redevelopment has been completed. Bo'Ness may apply once their ground is sorted out. Glenrothes have indicated that they will do likewise if elected to the EoS. 
It is believed that there are another 4 or 5 clubs who have applied, eg Musselburgh, Newtongrange, others ? 
The way this whole debacle has been handle is similar to Brexit.

I blame burnieman for it.

1 hour ago, Talbot 1978 said:

The way this whole debacle has been handle is similar to Brexit.

I blame burnieman for it.

We are where we are, and the key message (for the SFA) is to move ahead by making some key decisions asap. To me, these are :

1. resolve the Highland/Lowland boundary issue (for all pyramid clubs, tiers 1-9 ?)

2. consider and approve the licensing applications for the +12 clubs** who need to be planning for next season (critical for clubs seeking promotion from the EoS to the SLL) 

3. decide to what extent (if any) existing  Member clubs will be given a derogation regarding floodlights, and if so, for how long

4. EoS to confirm the number of cubs who have applied for league membership (the deadline for appiac tions to the EoS

5.. advise clubs what the format will be for the Scottish Cup, given a considerable influx of new members since the AGM in 2018

5. publish a draft schedule/timetable for consulting upon, and tabling, the pyramid issues/options in the north.  

We are where we are, and the key message (for the SFA) is to move ahead by making some key decisions asap. To me, these are :
1. resolve the Highland/Lowland boundary issue (for all pyramid clubs, tiers 1-9 ?)
2. consider and approve the licensing applications for the +12 clubs** who need to be planning for next season (critical for clubs seeking promotion from the EoS to the SLL) 
3. decide to what extent (if any) existing  Member clubs will be given a derogation regarding floodlights, and if so, for how long
4. EoS to confirm the number of cubs who have applied for league membership (the deadline for appiac tions to the EoS
5.. advise clubs what the format will be for the Scottish Cup, given a considerable influx of new members since the AGM in 2018
5. publish a draft schedule/timetable for consulting upon, and tabling, the pyramid issues/options in the north.  

Totally agree, Just a little bit of paperwork then.

The next few months are going to be interesting

Should teams have to have their own grounds? Edinburgh City could get into League One and yet they have no ground after next season.  What about a minimum budget for each level? This put noses out of joint in the WPL but seems effective.

Should teams have to have their own grounds? Edinburgh City could get into League One and yet they have no ground after next season.  What about a minimum budget for each level? This put noses out of joint in the WPL but seems effective.
This is one of the main issues that quite a few junior teams stated.

Tbh the whole thing is now a debacle and sadly the likes of a certain few on here just keep the coals burning.

It makes you think that there are alternative reasons for them doing so.