Club Licence

23 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yes Senior football that last bastion of the landed gentry. I hate going to East Fife and Cowdenbeath and the locals spilling caviar all over the terraces.
This romance about junior football being some kind of romanticised working class endeavour that no one else will understand is nonsense.

I had he same on Saturday from a guy who quoted me the attendance of he 1952 cup final as a reason for staying.

People looking at it historical will never change. Trying to explain to people the good old days aren't coming back

43 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yes Senior football that last bastion of the landed gentry. I hate going to East Fife and Cowdenbeath and the locals spilling caviar all over the terraces.
This romance about junior football being some kind of romanticised working class endeavour that no one else will understand is nonsense.

Thing is though, history is viewed differently by everybody and I wasn't asking anyone to understand my views on it. It's a personal thing, and as it's the only grade of football I've regularly watched in the last 28 years after watching the game down south before then it's perhaps not unusual that I still view it as a breath of fresh air. As I have said on numerous other occasions I know Talbot will move if they have to, but that doesn't mean everybody's thrilled at the prospect - far from it.

2 hours ago, Talbot 1978 said:

Rome wasn't built in a day. We live in an era where folk demand change instantly.

BM initially came in here with a valid point of view but somehow through the months he had become a bit bitter towards the West teams and more importantly their top teams.

I think it's became personal for him as already said to the point of obsession with it.

I'm sure the up coming meetings and the end of the season clarity will prevail.

At this moment everything posted on here is purely speculation.

Only one poster with an obsession mate, look in the mirror to see who it is.

#montheseniors

4 minutes ago, TFW said:

Thing is though, history is viewed differently by everybody and I wasn't asking anyone to understand my views on it. It's a personal thing, and as it's the only grade of football I've regularly watched in the last 28 years after watching the game down south before then it's perhaps not unusual that I still view it as a breath of fresh air. As I have said on numerous other occasions I know Talbot will move if they have to, but that doesn't mean everybody's thrilled at the prospect - far from it.

What's the difference going to be as I say camelon vs linlithgow. Camelon vs Broxburn were the same this year as it was last year

2 hours ago, Talbot 1978 said:

The fact BM keeps replying to my comments to refrain from commenting justy shows how obsessed he is

No matter what account you are using you always resort to slagging off Burnieman no matter what he has posted, its tragic that your unable to have a rational and reasoned debate about the West Region becoming a senior league without your own bile against one man repeatedly dragging your comments into the gutter but its what we have come to expect of you over the last wee while.

5 minutes ago, TFW said:

Why not?

Why do you not want Talbot to move onwards and upwards? Why dont you want them to be playing at the highest possible level?

Why would you want them to standstill or go backwards? 

Entropy increases.

No matter what account you are using you always resort to slagging off Burnieman no matter what he has posted, its tragic that your unable to have a rational and reasoned debate about the West Region becoming a senior league without your own bile against one man repeatedly dragging your comments into the gutter but its what we have come to expect of you over the last wee while.

OK bm well played and well deflected.

I get the fact you go by a few accounts on here but let's give yerself a break and let others comment.

All you need to do is look back at the so many many threads and see how you and your alterego interact. Seamless lol.

I think you have one other (ego) button here but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt at this minute in time.

Im glad you’re not asking me to understand it because it makes absolutely no sense. Football is (with the exception of clubs like Rangers and Celtic who operate as corporate entities who pay lip service to their roots when it comes to selling bigoted jerseys) a working class affair. If you’re unhappy at the thought of having to give up the big fish status to play in the lowland league then get your club to campaign to remain junior. I’m sure you’ll win support from several other clubs and will be able to retain whatever exclusive heritage you believe will be lost going ‘senior’. I’m pretty sure there would be more than enough remaining clubs to fill two divisions in the west, batter in and let the rest of us go eat prawn sandwiches in Stenhousemuir.

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

What's the difference going to be as I say camelon vs linlithgow. Camelon vs Broxburn were the same this year as it was last year

The concern appears to be around what the Lowland League looks like currently, however it's obvious that you need to take the long term view on it.   In 5 years time, chances are that there will be 8-10 former Junior clubs in there (the two biggest in the east may be there next season), replacing some of the lesser lights who have been in the league since it's inception. Add in a couple of former SPFL clubs such as Albion Rovers, Berwick Rangers etc and you have a pretty strong league and a well supported one.

The concern appears to be around what the Lowland League looks like currently, however it's obvious that you need to take the long term view on it.   In 5 years time, chances are that there will be 8-10 former Junior clubs in there (the two biggest in the east may be there next season), replacing some of the lesser lights who have been in the league since it's inception. Add in a couple of former SPFL clubs such as Albion Rovers, Berwick Rangers etc and you have a pretty strong league and a well supported one.

But will it be working class enough? Id need to know more about the socio economic history before I committed my support.

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

But will it be working class enough? Id need to know more about the socio economic history before I committed my support.

To be honest, games will have more of a middle class hipster vibe, vegan pies and fairtrade coffee only. That said, beards will be optional.

The so called " working class" are the ones that given the juniors the big support over the years...... doubt you'll see that in the lowland League where you'll get the players mum and their aunty watching.

6 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:
41 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The so called " working class" are the ones that given the juniors the big support over the years...... doubt you'll see that in the lowland League where you'll get the players mum and their aunty watching.

What's wrong with things being family friendly. On the large part east Stirlingshire games are family friendly. 

9 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:
45 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I’ve heard it all now.

Ultimately, when there’s no place left to turn and no argument left to make it always boils down to a crowd w**k for those bereft of the ability to make their case.

Ultimately, when there’s no place left to turn and no argument left to make it always boils down to a crowd w**k for those bereft of the ability to make their case.

Well if you don't get it then you don't get it. Ultimately this is why posters like you would never understand the juniors set up in the west.

Mock away, as it won't change the crowds who come to our games in the west unlike the mass who turn up to watch LL and league 2 games.

If you don't agree I won't lose sleep.