Club Licence

1 hour ago, Isabel Goudie said:

I am not slagging off another club, I am using  facts to make a case for a serious argument against what is currently being accepted as a viable pyramid. I am suggesting that having a Club Licence system which incorporates ground criteria such as to allow a ground like Recreation Park to pass is wrong. Evidence, as if we need any, that they just want to pay the whole pyramid thing lip service. Yes let clubs find their level I agree with this, but all that is happening due to this lack of rigour, along with the fast tracking of boys clubs, is that clubs get catapulted way beyond their natural level. How does this create a proper pyramid? It is a complete stitch up.

For the record I have nothing against Burntisland Shipyard but, reserve the right to say that their licensed Ground is too basic and subsequently the suggest criteria has been set to low in order to fill tier 6 and 5. This is not conducive to create a vibrant pyramid and only exacerbates the tail wagging the dog. It is plain wrong! 

That's absolute rubbish.  Burntisland have a ground that is compliant and suits their needs, they probably only get 50-60 a game if that.  Even if they got 200-300 it would still suits their needs.  Its the basiclicence and perfectly adequate for 99.9% of games they'll ever play and that would apply to every Junior club as well. Cover, decent bogs, pie stand, what more do you need to watch a game of football in front of a few hundred people.

Your problem is that Talbot cant get a licence without leaving the Juniors, tough stop spouting shite at other clubs for your failings. Burntisland have been SFA members longer than Talbot have been in existence.

1 hour ago, Isabel Goudie said:

For the record I have nothing against Burntisland Shipyard but, reserve the right to say that their licensed Ground is too basic and subsequently suggest criteria has been set too low in order to fill tier 6 and 5. This is not conducive to create a vibrant pyramid and only exacerbates the tail wagging the dog. It is plain wrong! 

Is that the same record that saw you reverse ferret on the Dalkeith thread you started once you realised you'd made a complete c**t of yourself? As you have done once again.

That's absolute rubbish.  Burntisland have a ground that is compliant and suits their needs, they probably only get 50-60 a game if that.  Even if they got 200-300 it would still suits their needs.  Its the basiclicence and perfectly adequate for 99.9% of games they'll ever play and that would apply to every Junior club as well. Cover, decent bogs, pie stand, what more do you need to watch a game of football in front of a few hundred people.
Your problem is that Talbot cant get a licence without leaving the Juniors, tough stop spouting shite at other clubs for your failings. Burntisland have been SFA members longer than Talbot have been in existence.
Pretty sure Burntisland only left the amatuer ranks because they were going to get the licence taken away so they joined the EOS

23 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

.....................and so it goes on, you deflect my point by making out that I'm being ungracious to other clubs and therefore miss, or refuse to engage with the fact that the whole thing is indeed a dugs dinner. Your 50 or 60 a game only makes my point further regarding catapulting clubs beyond their level.

17 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Is that the same record that saw you reverse ferret on the Dalkeith thread you started once you realised you'd made a complete c**t of yourself? As you have done once again.

You my friend can throw vitriol in my general direction if it pleases you. However despite your protestation I was not being disrespectful, I was being sarcastic at the whole excitement regarding the imminent mass defection of big Junior clubs to the EOSL. It was not Dalkieth who were the real target, it was the whole Pro Pyramid gang who can see no wrong in their dream and are constantly giving it Frazer from Dad's Army regarding Junior football.

I will resist the temptation to return the vitriol, it's undignified! :)

2 hours ago, xnxx said:
2 hours ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Pretty sure Burntisland only left the amatuer ranks because they were going to get the licence taken away so they joined the EOS

Glasgow Uni?  I dont think they were licenced when playing in the ammies.

2 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

.....................and so it goes on, you deflect my point by making out that I'm being ungracious to other clubs and therefore miss, or refuse to engage with the fact that the whole thing is indeed a dugs dinner. Your 50 or 60 a game only makes my point further regarding catapulting clubs beyond their level.

You don't have a point.  Burntisland play at the correct level for them, the bottom tier of the pyramid, but that's still a level above your lot but thats not Burntislands fault.

Just now, xnxx said:
1 minute ago, Goalie Hamish said:
Glasgow Uni?  I dont think they were licenced when playing in the ammies.

Don't they still play in the ammys

They have a licence and still play in the ammies,  Burnisland didnt leave the ammies due to the licence, they didnt have one.

They have a licence and still play in the ammies,  Burnisland didnt leave the ammies due to the licence, they didnt have one.
I was under the impression that they did and they were told to make the move or lose their place in the Scottish cup and the money they get from that

1 minute ago, xnxx said:
3 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

I was under the impression that they did and they were told to make the move or lose their place in the Scottish cup and the money they get from that

I doubt it if Glasgow Uni continue to play ammie

1 hour ago, xnxx said:
1 hour ago, Goalie Hamish said:
I doubt it if Glasgow Uni continue to play ammie

Unless someone from the club comes on and clears it up we'll never know

They play in the Caledonian Amateur League, their 1st team anyway, with their 2nds & 3rds playing the the Greater Glasgow.  The Caledonian (central belt not to be confused with the Northern Caledonian League,  N.C.L.)  and the Central Scottish AFL  would be considered 2 of the strongest amateur leagues in Scotland, well their top divisions anyway,  well run leagues.

The Amateur cup winners have come from the Central the last few years.

Sure look at Colville Park's (Central AFL)  performances in the Scottish last couple of years  knocking out Burntisland, Cumbernauld Colts and Edusport over the last 2 years.

Shows it isn't only the Juniors that can scalp a few Senior teams and that there is a fair overlap of standard with top Amateurs sides and lower tier Seniors.

http://www.scottishamateurfa.co.uk/league/type/3

Edited by Unknown Fan

2 hours ago, Goalie Hamish said:

You don't have a point.  Burntisland play at the correct level for them, the bottom tier of the pyramid, but that's still a level above your lot but thats not Burntislands fault

My point being that the current set up cultivates a system where small clubs, with basic facilities and little drawing power, are placed above clubs that are huge in comparison. Criteria customised and lowered to suite, enabling the system to have clubs who are licenced  therefore fulfilling an obligation to  pyramid, except it's not a pyramid. But those like you who support it won't concede this despite the evidence presented. Your refusal to accept my point makes my point! 

6 minutes ago, santheman said:

Colville Park had a playing budget that many Junior clubs could only dream of which makes their claim of being an Amateur side laughable and they are certainly not the only ones.

Aye fair enough though they do play in an amateur league, Cup and the likes. 

So do you think the top 'amateur' sides as they are called would be interested in a WoS 6th Tier league if it ever got going?

So do you think the top 'amateur' sides as they are called would be interested in a WoS 6th Tier league if it ever got going?
No, because they play on public parks which don't comply with even the most basic of junior demands.

I think Colville are quite happy being big fish in a small pond, very similar to Talbot and the like.

I must admit though, despite the (understandable) rumours I genuinely don’t think Colville do pay their players. I’ve known several boys over the years to play for them and while they get very well looked after by amateur standards (training kit etc washed for them), I don’t believe anyone gets paid.

Hurlford, larkhall and a few others are well known to pay and the players aren’t shy in boasting about it either!

1 minute ago, energyzone said:
52 minutes ago, Unknown Fan said:

No, because they play on public parks which don't comply with even the most basic of junior demands.

Not all of them for example a team like Viewfield Rovers have an enclosed park, high fence, railings around pitch, pavilion, toilets, turnstile.  

Doubt they would jump to a WoS if it came, though it shows there are amateur teams out there with the facilities for Junior or Senior non licensed football.

1 hour ago, geo87 said:

I think Colville are quite happy being big fish in a small pond, very similar to Talbot and the like.

I must admit though, despite the (understandable) rumours I genuinely don’t think Colville do pay their players. I’ve known several boys over the years to play for them and while they get very well looked after by amateur standards (training kit etc washed for them), I don’t believe anyone gets paid.

Hurlford, larkhall and a few others are well known to pay and the players aren’t shy in boasting about it either!

Colville have far more ex juniors than Hurlford. Do you really believe guys like Chrissy Craig , Darren Miller are playing to have their kits washed ? Both have played for Kilbirnie recently and a can assure you they don't come cheap.