Heart of Midlothian v St Johnstone - Scottish Cup 5th Round, 10/02/2018

Elixir

On 4 February 2018 at 13:58, tree house tam said:

I'll just wait till you hand yours back.

I won't be going Tam so it looks like you've guaranteed yourself a brief on this occasion.

On another note, how god-awful are our forward options? Denny Johnstone and Chris Kane up top, fucking hell.

Saints nil.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I won't be going Tam so it looks like you've guaranteed yourself a brief on this occasion.

On another note, how god-awful are our forward options? Denny Johnstone and Chris Kane up top, fucking hell.

Saints nil.

Cheers pal, was worried for a bit.

Chris Kane should be a 3rd choice striker for a premiership team. Denny fucking Johnstone should just f**k of to Morton.

26 minutes ago, Radford said:

Shocking lack of Scougall in the team above...

I don't know the best approach for this one. Team certainly doesn't pick itself. Do hope Mannus continues in goal though.

Win would be a huge boost.

:lol:

I was guessing he would be out injured!

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

For Saints I'd go this team. Shaughnessy RB means even if Hearts stifle any creativity we have, we will have a threat from the long throw-In on a tight park. Gordon, Anderson, Kerr, Davidson and Johnstone can all hopefully bring an aerial threat, and give a bit of presence at the back to nullify the Hearts long ball game.  Gordon is also a talker and we need leaders out there.

Foster only ahead of Comrie as he's possibly more comfortable on the left, but I'm equally happy for Comrie to start. 

Whatever we think of Craig Levein, he's all about getting results. His team's have always pulled jerseys, dived, talked to refs, try to get folk sent off and do whatever it takes to get a win.  We have to match that, and go beyond this weekend. We have to bite, kick, scratch, surround the ref and appeal for everything, and do whatever it takes to get a win.  Dive for a penalty, punch the ball in with a hand.. whatever it takes to get through.

A win here would be a massive boost, and something to build confidence for the rest of the season. I've dropped Tanser and Alston because I don't think they're prepared to roll their sleeves up and tear a heart right out of the chest of one of these Edinburgh muppets, and we have no time for passengers right now.

Hopefully a big Saints support, let's get right behind the team.

Oh, and finally, f**k Hearts. 

Thanks

(Paton cheering us on from behind the goal, obviously)

IMG_0624.JPG

Push those two ‘wing backs’ back in line with your back three, 28 into the middle of the two midfielders and one of the strikers into central midfield and you’ve got how Tommy will have you spending most of the game on Saturday. 

I predict a shitfest Hearts win with St Johnstone playing for a replay. 

1 hour ago, Headshrinker said:

Push those two ‘wing backs’ back in line with your back three, 28 into the middle of the two midfielders and one of the strikers into central midfield and you’ve got how Tommy will have you spending most of the game on Saturday. 

I predict a shitfest Hearts win with St Johnstone playing for a replay. 

Not exactly sure what you mean.. something like this??

IMG_0626.JPG

Adao struggling for us apparently which is a shame as he looked decent last week.  Always a risk when you sign players who haven't been regulars.

I'd like to see a similar lineup as last week, but with Naismith much closer to Lafferty.  Would maybe bring in The Don for Amankwaa and keep him on the bench for when the game stretches.

Adao struggling for us apparently which is a shame as he looked decent last week.  Always a risk when you sign players who haven't been regulars.
I'd like to see a similar lineup as last week, but with Naismith much closer to Lafferty.  Would maybe bring in The Don for Amankwaa and keep him on the bench for when the game stretches.

Adao, Callachan and Cowie are all doubts. Cochrane definitely out.
Time for The Prince of Bauben.

16 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

For Saints I'd go this team. Shaughnessy RB means even if Hearts stifle any creativity we have, we will have a threat from the long throw-In on a tight park. Gordon, Anderson, Kerr, Davidson and Johnstone can all hopefully bring an aerial threat, and give a bit of presence at the back to nullify the Hearts long ball game.  Gordon is also a talker and we need leaders out there.

Foster only ahead of Comrie as he's possibly more comfortable on the left, but I'm equally happy for Comrie to start. 

Whatever we think of Craig Levein, he's all about getting results. His team's have always pulled jerseys, dived, talked to refs, try to get folk sent off and do whatever it takes to get a win.  We have to match that, and go beyond this weekend. We have to bite, kick, scratch, surround the ref and appeal for everything, and do whatever it takes to get a win.  Dive for a penalty, punch the ball in with a hand.. whatever it takes to get through.

A win here would be a massive boost, and something to build confidence for the rest of the season. I've dropped Tanser and Alston because I don't think they're prepared to roll their sleeves up and tear a heart right out of the chest of one of these Edinburgh muppets, and we have no time for passengers right now.

Hopefully a big Saints support, let's get right behind the team.

Oh, and finally, f**k Hearts. 

Thanks

(Paton cheering us on from behind the goal, obviously)

IMG_0624.JPG

Liam Craig required then...

6 hours ago, Kyle said:

f**k it - just play the kids.

This is what should have been happening ages ago but Tommy is a shitebag. 

Clark

Comrie       Gordon      Kerr      Tanser

Millar

Spoony        Willock    Davidson   O'Reilly 

Kane

*Docherty

* just for you random. 

Hard to know what to expect tomorrow. Saints were the better team last week but Hearts won the game. Does Wright go same again and hope we maybe get what we deserved last Saturday? Does Levein change it or bank on his team performing better?

Hearts likely to revert to a back three with Hughes coming in? I think Saints will stick with the same system as last week as it accommodates Jason Kerr. Wright is talking about leaders so wonder if he'll continue with MacLean? If he does, he needs to be a lot, lot better than Tuesday. Willock if selected can't get swallowed up like he did against Motherwell.

Sounds like there will be a good few more Saints fans than last week. How are Hearts' ticket sales going?

12 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

The cover. :thumsup2

Thats really good. :lol:

.. though a bit creepy at the same time.  

Can imagine him proudly telling his family back home he's on the front of the programme, then them being completely freaked out when this arrives in the post.  I just hope they've heard of the film!

2 hours ago, Duffy_ said:

I'm only attending for the programme tbh. 

Heh! Thought the same. The turgid fitba, cauld weather and mudfield pitch don't offer much attraction.

Assume we all spotted wee Naismith in yon cover?

Archived