Morton v Dunfermline - 03/02/18

6 hours ago, tonnitus said:

About the offside - doesn't really help much, given the box isn't perfectly straight...

Either way, he looks just about offside for my money, but really could've gone either way.

5a77272adf283_ScreenShot2018-02-04at15_30_14.thumb.png.24c209b0e5187b9f3ebc68148086615b.png

No chance in hell you can call an offside at that angle without lines on the field.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, boulderdomb said:

No chance in hell you can call an offside at that angle without lines on the field.

You'd think so, but according to Allan Johnstone in The Scotsman Clark was not one, not two, but three yards onside. He also said he thought the Pars were the only team going to win the game.  Really, Allan?

Half man, half fanny.

I seen a clip of the offside goal from one of the young boys blogs from the back of the cowshed  and it looked onside to me, think we got away with one there!

I actually agree with Johnstone. He was well onside.

30 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Quality officiating as always. That's unbelievably bad.

How is it unbelievably bad? It's still not clear if he was on or not. Cardle is swinging his boot there but he hasn't struck the ball. In another few milliseconds Iredale could lean one way and Clark the other. It seems it was a tight call either way. 

How is it unbelievably bad? It's still not clear if he was on or not. Cardle is swinging his boot there but he hasn't struck the ball. In another few milliseconds Iredale could lean one way and Clark the other. It seems it was a tight call either way. 

“Unbelievably bad.” :lol:

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

Do you genuinely believe that Iredale can move that quickly with how his body is set? 

44 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

You'd think so, but according to Allan Johnstone in The Scotsman Clark was not one, not two, but three yards onside. He also said he thought the Pars were the only team going to win the game.  Really, Allan?

Half man, half fanny.

Getting wound up by Allan Johnstone? Bizarre. 

As that picture shows he was correct that he was onside, although he's undoubtedly had a bit of hyperbole with his suggestion of three yards. 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Do you genuinely believe that Iredale can move that quickly with how his body is set? 

Dunno. None of us have seen a replay from a helpful angle. Maybe he was on, it was a magic finish and Clark might have been unlucky. I just don't think you can say for sure from either image posted. 

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Dunno. None of us have seen a replay from a helpful angle. Maybe he was on, it was a magic finish and Clark might have been unlucky. I just don't think you can say for sure from either image posted. 

The second image is pretty conclusive in that it was definitely onside. 

I'm a big believer in that we would have lost regardless, it matters not. 

8 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Getting wound up by Allan Johnstone? Bizarre. 

As that picture shows he was correct that he was onside, although he's undoubtedly had a bit of hyperbole with his suggestion of three yards. 

"wound up" ?

:1eye

16 hours ago, Grant228 said:

The second image is pretty conclusive in that it was definitely onside. 

It really isn't, because the camera angle isn't even remotely in line with play. The eighteen yard line therefore slants across the image, in a line roughly parallel to the position of the three Morton defenders. Clark is clearly behind the two Morton centre-backs; for me, it is a close call rather than an obvious one as to whether any part of him was behind Iredale as well. It's a matter of a few tenths of a second in the timing of Clark's run, as the video footage shows quite well. 

I can see why Dunfermline might think that they were unfortunate with the call. It is not however 'onside by three yards' as Johnston claims though, in yet another tear-stained deflection from the rubbish job that he's doing with considerably larger resources than the clubs around him in the league table. 

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

It is not however 'onside by three yards' as Johnston claims though, in yet another tear-stained deflection from the rubbish job that he's doing with considerably larger resources than the clubs around him in the league table. 

He's getting far too good at bitching in his post-match comments.

Who took that picture btw? Looks flip phone quality.

On 2/2/2018 at 19:10, Hawk said:

Any chance Morton can hump these feckers?

Thanks for that Morton, not that our performance helped our own cause.

Any highlights of your game, it sounds as though it was entertaining.

Archived