Bus wankers

Once got on a bus at about 8 in the morning in Cancun. We had to stand although the bus was only half full. All the locals were sat in the aisle seats and all the window seats were empty. As most of them were drinking and the fact that Mexico has a major habit of killing people willy nilly we thought that standing was the safest option.

Greatest bus journey that I have ever been on was in Gran Canaria. The trip from Puerto Rico to Mogan is incredible. The road has a massive sheer drop at the side and the terror at times is up there with the best rollercoasters. 

I fucking hate buses. When I worked at Asda in Toryglen Ruggy was always too pished too pick me up at nights so had to get the bus home. It was always late. Always full of jaikies getting off at the Circus. Feared for my life every time I had to use it.
Oh and Glasgow buses are shite for no giving out change. #perthshire Stagecoach will give you change from a £20 note. 
I'l nominte Stirling bus station as one of the biggest shitholes in Scotland.
Bus stations worldwide are a meeting point for the dregs of society. Seen it everywhere I've ever been

1 hour ago, Finch road said:

Bus stations worldwide are a meeting point for the dregs of society. Seen it everywhere I've ever been

Went to a gig in Kilmarnock a few years back and had to get the bus back to Glasgow as the last train had already gone. That 20 minute wait in the bus station was scary as hell.

30 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Chancer pensioners who try and use their bus pass before 9am, knowing full well that it isn't valid and thus holding everyone up else up for no reason. 

Sponging c***s. 

Really? I get the bus to work every morning and see people using their pass, and I never start after 8am...

Edited by IainMorton

boots who put their shopping/handbags next to them to stop folk sitting on seats. You didn't pay for two seats ya cow. 

fat munters who take up two seats. walk ya salad dodgers. You can even feel a 12 ton bus move when these fat fuckers get off. 

horrible wee neds with their shitey music being blasted out from phones who sit at the back of the top deck. 

c*nts who leave you standing on the stairs instead of making room when you're about to get off. Mind you, I got my revenge one day- the driver braked sharply, I went flying down the stairs and landed on this twat who hadn't made room for me. 

schemie boots with prams- buy a folding one and fold it up like my ma did. 

there were a few smart ass c*nty bus drivers as well but LRT seem to have got rid of them all. There's now a couple of honeys driving the buses about Edinburgh. :babe2 more of this kind of recruitment as it makes my day going to work. 

13 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

There's now a couple of honeys driving the buses about Edinburgh. :babe2 more of this kind of recruitment as it makes my day going to work. 

I spoke to my boy about this but I’m afraid that he don’t really fancy you, soz!

18 minutes ago, Michael W said:

It depends on who runs the buses. Not uncommon for it to be 9.30am in some places. 

So, plenty time for them to ring up the producer on "Call Kaye" and bag a spot to complain about how the SNP won't let them use their pass before half nine. 

9 hours ago, supermik said:

Once got on a bus at about 8 in the morning in Cancun. We had to stand although the bus was only half full. All the locals were sat in the aisle seats and all the window seats were empty. As most of them were drinking and the fact that Mexico has a major habit of killing people willy nilly we thought that standing was the safest option.

Greatest bus journey that I have ever been on was in Gran Canaria. The trip from Puerto Rico to Mogan is incredible. The road has a massive sheer drop at the side and the terror at times is up there with the best rollercoasters. 

I drove that road the one and only time I have ever driven abroad.  Still half gassed from the night before.  Mrs Ranter was sat in the passenger seat shitting herself, she felt like she was hanging over the drop half the time.  I've never known her so quiet.

There's always a c**t who, on the hottest day of the year, with the interior temperature of the bus at 40 degrees and the underseat heaters invariably on full blast, gets up and leans across you to close the fucking window cos he/she's getting a draught.

I’ve got that app on my phone for First Bus, meaning that I just scan my e ticket and it gets me on. Lately it’s been a total lottery as to whether the app opens and shows that you have an active ticket. This morning was the same, felt like a right dick holding the bus up whilst I closed and reopened the app about four times before it worked.

People who board the bus but aren't ready to pay.  This is a common annoyance of mine at supermarkets but it drives me mad on a bus.  Cold day and you're waiting on some eejit trying to find their wallet to pay £2.50.  They probably get the bus at least weekly so know exactly how much it costs but lack the common decency to be ready to pay.

On 31/01/2018 at 09:11, Romeo said:

I occasionally get the bus into Glasgow. Seems to me that many, many bus drivers have an attitude problem and think they are a mobile version of the SAS.

Sorry, Lofari - you beat me to it!

IMG_0301.JPG

Edited by Bold Rover
Addendum

5 hours ago, Adam said:

I’ve got that app on my phone for First Bus, meaning that I just scan my e ticket and it gets me on. Lately it’s been a total lottery as to whether the app opens and shows that you have an active ticket. This morning was the same, felt like a right dick holding the bus up whilst I closed and reopened the app about four times before it worked.

Is it a barcode you that you have to scan? Take a screenshot and just bring up the picture when you get on. I do this with Ticketmaster stuff as I'm always scared the app wont work. 

1 hour ago, Torpar said:

Is it a barcode you that you have to scan? Take a screenshot and just bring up the picture when you get on. I do this with Ticketmaster stuff as I'm always scared the app wont work. 

It's a live app, so the screen constantly changes to avoid people from taking a screenshot.