Bus wankers

21 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

It's a total nightmare if your unlucky enough to get on the same bus as her, I think she's called Mandy.

Just be thankful it didn't rain, she has a total meltdown if it does.

She was sitting behind me once. It was the very first day of the new one-way system at Abbeyhill and she started screaming at the bus driver that he was going the wrong way. I made the mistake of telling her this was the new route and after that there was no stopping her. She must have asked me half a dozen times where I was going (in between firing the same question at everybody else). At one point she asked me if I had any brothers and sisters and when I said 'No' she asked me why. I couldn't think of an answer to that but fortunately it was my stop next so I was able to escape.

On 31/01/2018 at 19:37, Bert Raccoon said:

Shamefully this was actually me once, I was heading back on the 3.30am bus back to Hamilton from Glasgow and whilst sitting up the back of the bus I took rather unwell and started to heave, I did attempt to catch it all in a jumper I had in my bag but it didn't really work so a flood of vomit cascaded down the bus, I feel bad now but it was quite funny watching everyone sit with their legs dangling off the chairs avoiding the spew.

In my defence I was young and had drank a lot of Strongbow, I'm a wiser man now.

I've walked from Blantyre to peacock Cross on a number of occasions thanks to c***s like you

13 minutes ago, madwullie said:

I've walked from Blantyre to peacock Cross on a number of occasions thanks to c***s like you

Did that once myself, used to always fall asleep on the bus and one time woke up startled thinking I was in Eddlewood so jumped up and ran off the bus before realising I was actually in Blantyre. Long walk back.

People who don't move forward to fill the gap when one develops in a bus queue. You either have to move in front of them, which looks like queue-jumping, or else the next person to arrive will stand in the gap, which damn well is queue-jumping. It's usually when there are seats in the bus shelter but I've seen it happen when people are standing as well.

• 1 year later...

c***s who sidle up to bus queues and stand at the side in the hope that a big enough gap appears that they can squeeze into. It's not something I remember seeing much in other areas, but everycunt does it through in Falkirk. Even more perplexing if the bus is empty and there's only about a dozen folk in the queue.

Also, pished auld jakeballs who get up while the bus is still moving, then hurl abuse at the driver when they fall over. Aye, it's the bus' motion that's the problem here, not your blood alcohol level  :rolleyes:

I haven’t been in a bus in Edinburgh in ages. The service is generally really good, albeit a bit crowded during peak times. There’s also free wi-Fi which is handy.

There is a solid number of bus nutters though, especially during the day. Bus stop queues are also prime spots for crazy people to start taking to/at you.

My heart sinks every time I travel by bus in Glasgow. Filthy, stop-start driving that has you thrown about the place, never on time, and always some **** shouting down their phone for the entire journey. Add to that the utter p***ks who watch wanky videos without earphones.

On the bus last night and there was some woman on in about her mid 60s, short her dyed red, looks like she goes to the bingo, smokes 30 fags a day, goes to Benidorm every year and complains about all the Spanish and almost certainly voted Brexit. I was disgusted enough by just her appearance as I got on, only to look down and see her horrible wrinkly bare foot out of her high heel and on the floor. Was maybe the worst sight of my life.

29 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

On the bus last night and there was some woman on in about her mid 60s, short her dyed red, looks like she goes to the bingo, smokes 30 fags a day, goes to Benidorm every year and complains about all the Spanish and almost certainly voted Brexit. I was disgusted enough by just her appearance as I got on, only to look down and see her horrible wrinkly bare foot out of her high heel and on the floor. Was maybe the worst sight of my life.

You could have said Hi Maw.

I get a couple of buses in to work in the morning. The first one was always supposed to arrive two minutes before the second one left, giving just enough time to make the connection. The first one was always late, so we'd miss it and have to wait for half an hour.

According to the drivers, First got a load of complaints about this, understandably. The obvious answer was to move the time of Bus #1 back by a few minutes, increasing the likelihood that it would connect with Bus #2. The solution they've decided to employ is to move Bus #1's timetable forward by a few minutes, so that it's guaranteed never to connect with Bus #2  <_<

On 11/07/2019 at 07:48, Hampden Diehard said:

My heart sinks every time I travel by bus in Glasgow. Filthy, stop-start driving that has you thrown about the place, never on time

B9VlQo4IQAAkpNA.jpg

If it's anything like Aberdeen then it's quicker to walk seeing as they stop at almost every traffic light, of which there are numerous.  Saves time and money, plus gives you some more exercise.  I pretty much walk everywhere in Aberdeen city itself and only get on a bus to get to other towns etc.

On the rare occasion that I do get on a city bus, it stuns me that so many get on for maybe two stops.  Perhaps they have a hidden health problem of course, but my gut instinct is that most of them are just lazy b*****ds who are willing to pay ~£1.50 to dodge a 10 min walk.  This of course adds to the problem seeing as they let folk on/off at every single stop in addition to the lights.

The classic is when the bus lets somebody off at one stop and then somebody dings the bell for the next stop that's only 30m further along.  That or they wait at the stop that's 30m down-route from the up-route one that has loads of people already standing there. 

Edited by Hedgecutter

B9VlQo4IQAAkpNA.jpg&key=2afa6864268108801aae9f652bc1392d7c5add4d924b3162b8ddabc5d0403fe2
If it's anything like Aberdeen then it's quicker to walk seeing as they stop at almost every traffic light, of which there are numerous.  Saves time and money, plus gives you some more exercise.  I pretty much walk everywhere in Aberdeen city itself and only get on a bus to get to other towns etc.
On the rare occasion that I do get on a city bus, it stuns me that so many get on for maybe two stops.  Perhaps they have a hidden health problem of course, but my gut instinct is that most of them are just lazy b*****ds who are willing to pay ~£1.50 to dodge a 10 min walk.  This of course adds to the problem seeing as they let folk on/off at every single stop in addition to the lights.
The classic is when the bus lets somebody off at one stop and then somebody dings the bell for the next stop that's only 30m further along.  That or they wait at the stop that's 30m down-route from the up-route one that has loads of people already standing there. 
You seem to be having a go at folk for generally normal things here.

Lots of old folk rely on buses, and as you mention, there are a lot of hidden health issues.

Don't get me wrong, walking is brilliant exercise and it should be encouraged more.

Probably best not to get so annoyed at the actions of others though.

Thankfully I’ve stopped using busses as a means of getting to work after passing my test in February but I often use it at work to support the boy I look after.

The amount of clowns who stand at bus stops - probably moaning it’s late etc then proceed to get on the bus and no have money/card or travel pass ready is unreal and further delay the bus.

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 09:23, Hedgecutter said:

B9VlQo4IQAAkpNA.jpg

I've always found first Glasgow pretty good for keeping up with the timetables.

Apart from Saturday night. Where oh where did my 18 disappear to. Still you see the sights on a Saturday night in the weege

On 11/07/2019 at 21:11, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I get a couple of buses in to work in the morning. The first one was always supposed to arrive two minutes before the second one left, giving just enough time to make the connection. The first one was always late, so we'd miss it and have to wait for half an hour.

According to the drivers, First got a load of complaints about this, understandably. The obvious answer was to move the time of Bus #1 back by a few minutes, increasing the likelihood that it would connect with Bus #2. The solution they've decided to employ is to move Bus #1's timetable forward by a few minutes, so that it's guaranteed never to connect with Bus #2  <_<

Am I being dense? Surely moving bus 1 forward by a few minutes would mean you can catch bus 2, no? 

14 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

Am I being dense? Surely moving bus 1 forward by a few minutes would mean you can catch bus 2, no? 

If it's on time, Bus #1 now arrives one minute after Bus #2 leaves. It's usually late anyway, so Bus #2 is normally well gone by the time Bus #1 gets there.

...but we can't complain anymore, because it was never scheduled to connect with Bus #2 in the first place. So that's the customer dissatisfaction problem sorted  <_<

On 31/01/2018 at 13:47, DA Baracus said:

Buses that ask for exact change.

National Express in Dundee do this. I avoid them at all costs.

If that's the least if your problems I raise you Edinburgh trams.

Get off train at Edinburgh Park and as we were crossing the bridge we see the tram pull in. Jump on only for the conductor to ask us for tickets.

Me- 4 please to the airport.

Conductor - you need to buy them from the machine at the stop. 

Me - If I do that I will miss this tram.

Conductor - Another will be along soon

Me - can't you just sell me 4?

Conductor - You need to buy them from the stop.

I fucking hate this world.

Edited by Gaz FFC

B9VlQo4IQAAkpNA.jpg&key=2afa6864268108801aae9f652bc1392d7c5add4d924b3162b8ddabc5d0403fe2
King Street and Union Street in particular. Some utter messes of humans on the bused up there.