Kilmarnock v Celtic

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

No complaints, got what we deserved, big fat zero. The fact Kilmarnock's keeper had ONE save to make, N'tcham free kick in 85th minute and our first corner came in stoppage time sums up how little we offered in the final third, too many of last seasons star performers are in a comfort zone right now offering little or next to nothing.

Only De Vries, Hendry and Kouassi earned pass marks from me, the rest being 'meh' Brown, Tierney, Sinclair etc or terrible, Forrest, N'tcham and Dembele etc.

No point in blaming the pitch for the defeat, we have won umpteen times on it before, we were outfought and outsmarted pure and simple, although I would definitely blame the pitch for Boyata's injury, did I hear someone on here say Killie are going back to grass next season?

Mulumbu superb, best player on the pitch by some distance.

I thought he was terrible and TBH clueless.  I just don't see what the hype with him is. 

Ajer is a far superior player IMO, so is Boyata and he is crap.

6 hours ago, gannonball said:

I only saw the first half as on Holiday and my internet packed in but Doris is far more assured playing the sweeper keeper role. As a shop stopper he is clearly behind Gordon but when we are in possession deep in our half the defence looks more assured with him being there. I have never really wanted Gordon out the team though as given the shite keepers Celtic have had in my time I didnt think it was worth the risk changeing him. I still think though we should have taken the money and ran a year ago when Chelsea came calling but I can understand why we kept him as we were aiming to go unbeaten. Im content having them for the next year or two but I would be keeping an extensive list of keepers available as both of them arent exactly young and as much as keepers can play a high level untill 40 now they can't be expected to play the sweeper keeper role untill that age.

I thought he looked less comfortable with the ball than Gordon ever has - whenever we put pressure on him he basically booted it the way he was facing.  A lot of the time, that was straight out of the park, and on the occasions it wasn't he could hardly clear the halfway line.  I was expecting something to happen every time the ball went near him.

14 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I thought he looked less comfortable with the ball than Gordon ever has - whenever we put pressure on him he basically booted it the way he was facing.  A lot of the time, that was straight out of the park, and on the occasions it wasn't he could hardly clear the halfway line.  I was expecting something to happen every time the ball went near him.

I would agree with this.   When you consider Rodgers bought him because distribution from the back was one of his main strengths there was little evidence of it yesterday.

Gordon is not overly comfortable with the ball at his feet and it looks like De Vries isn't either.  

To respond to fans critiquing goalkeepers on their kicking and distribution capabilities is harsh, the goalkeepers role is to be a successful shotstopper & capable of commanding his area. This law needs to be looked at by FIFA the goalkeeper not being allowed to handle passbacks was introduced to speed up the game, i have this season witnessed on countless  occasions two centre backs and the goalie playing keep ball between them for upto 3 mins and this is only broken up when teams realise this and put a press on. This law has run its course and doesn't actually address the reason it was implemented for.

15 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

To respond to fans critiquing goalkeepers on their kicking and distribution capabilities is harsh, the goalkeepers role is to be a successful shotstopper & capable of commanding his area. This law needs to be looked at by FIFA the goalkeeper not being allowed to handle passbacks was introduced to speed up the game, i have this season witnessed on countless  occasions two centre backs and the goalie playing keep ball between them for upto 3 mins and this is only broken up when teams realise this and put a press on. This law has run its course and doesn't actually address the reason it was implemented for.

Christ almighty. The pass back rule is the single greatest rule change in the last 100 years of football.

Also, 'Upto 3 mins'? That could be anything between 0 and 180 seconds so you might be right. If you actually mean you have seen two centre backs and the keeper playing keep ball 'countless times' for any longer than about 15 seconds then you are talking pish. If you're not I'm sure you would be able to direct us to some footage of this happening on a single occasion. If you find anything over a minute I'll take it all back.

Actually, I won't. I'll just ask for more examples.

9 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Christ almighty. The pass back rule is the single greatest rule change in the last 100 years of football.

Also, 'Upto 3 mins'? That could be anything between 0 and 180 seconds so you might be right. If you actually mean you have seen two centre backs and the keeper playing keep ball 'countless times' for any longer than about 15 seconds then you are talking pish. If you're not I'm sure you would be able to direct us to some footage of this happening on a single occasion. If you find anything over a minute I'll take it all back.

Actually, I won't. I'll just ask for more examples.

I seen Sellick retain possession between their entire backline keeper included for over two minutes earlier this season as we sat in and deprived their offensive players space, also seen other teams do it, the law has outlived its purpose and needs to be revisited imo.

1 minute ago, happyaccie said:

I seen Sellick retain possession between their entire backline keeper included for over two minutes earlier this season advance we sat in and deprived their offensive players space, also seen other teams do it, the law has outlived its purpose and needs to be revisited imo.

What would you prefer? That the keeper can pick the ball up instead? Do you remember football before 1992?

5 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

What would you prefer? That the keeper can pick the ball up instead? Do you remember football before 1992?

Yes I do, I also remember Butcher Gough and I think it was pre Goram so would say Woods pass the ball between them at old Douglas park after the then Rangers had gone 1 up, Woods picking the ball up every time the ball was played back then rolling the ball out to either Butcher or Gough, when the passback law was introduced I was in full support of it, I just feel it needs amended now as it doesn't achieve what it was initially implemented for.

5 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Yes I do, I also remember Butcher Gough and I think it was pre Goram so would say Woods pass the ball between them at old Douglas park after the then Rangers had gone 1 up, Woods picking the ball up every time the ball was played back then rolling the ball out to either Butcher or Gough, when the passback law was introduced I was in full support of it, I just feel it needs amended now as it doesn't achieve what it was initially implemented for.

What end were you in? :whistle

2 hours ago, Killiesquirrel said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again - stop giving this utter John McVeigh is a tit attention. He's a grown man acting like this watching his (alleged) favourite team on the TV because acting like a dobber got him banned from the ground, and rightly so. 

53 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Have you got any idea how long three minutes actually is? This didn’t happen.

1 minute ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

It never happened. Never mind 'countless times'. Post some examples, go on. Lots of football gets filmed. There must be countless examples all over the internet.

Highlight packages tend to bin this footage so you know there is no visual evidence but I have witnessed it, I don't care if you agree or don't, you think the law is still viable I don't. 

Opinions will always differ I have mine you have yours.

Archived