• Last Reply
On 03/02/2018 at 18:16, G_Man1985 said:

Time to win the cup.

Exhibit: A

On 05/02/2018 at 10:04, RossDee01 said:

Motherwell are our bitches. Home win.

Exhibit: B

On 09/02/2018 at 13:59, Daydream said:

Hopefully you'll be at Dens to see Mr Caulker lead the charge.

A quarter final away day really is something for us all to look forward to :) 

Exhibit: C

On 08/02/2018 at 21:47, Daydream said:

Hope we get a diddy team in the quarters.

Exhibit: D

4 pieces of evidence put in front of the jury to conclude that this forum is full of deluded Dees.

Not long in. That was every bit as comfortable as the win against St Johnstone during the week. I thought the team looked really solid and the type of football that was getting the negative reviews on Steelmen is ideally suited to games like this. Dundee tried to pass the ball about from the back - but tended to run out of ideas after the 3rd or 4th pass and humped the ball long and played into our hands.

The two goals were obviously poor from a Dundee point of view - but both involved good play from us. If Main really did get the final touch on the 2nd goal, 5 goals in 6 games is a stunning return in his first month. 

The Ciftci side show was pretty much as expected and he was lucky to stay on after his early-ish booking - I was calling for him to be subbed at half-time - but credit to him that he actually kept the head and contributed to a number of decent attacks. Given that the same Dundee defender fouled him 5 or 6 times, I was surprised to see Madden (as erratic as ever) keep his cards in his pocket.

Our defence was highly decent and yet again, I thought Dunne was - yet again - was excellent (and Kipre and Aldred were great too). I am getting a little frustrated with Cadden playing so deep - I enjoy watching him attack and he's not getting any joy when he has to run the length of the park (I also thought Dundee were prepared for us playing in a lot of crosses and managed to defend that area as well as anyone we've played recently)

Carson deserves a special mention - the save at 1-0 was exactly the type of save that wins games every bit as much as the goals we score at the other end - he's far too good to be sitting on anyone's bench.

Getting to the QF means the pressure is off - this has been a really successful season in the cups - looking forward to seeing if we can go further.

I wouldn’t say Motherwell were particularly good today but they were effective in what they did.  Dundee were poor with few ideas.  We did manage to get a few clear chances but AJ and Moussa did what they do best with such chances.

Credit to the sizeable Motherwell support.  They got right behind their team.

Lucky for the Dees that Caulker has some experience of playing up top because Moussa is hilariously bad. He looks like 3 competing brains control his legs, arms and head. He is a bit of a handful to be fair but mainly just because he charges about with his limbs everywhere.

I thought we deserved the win today, a pretty professional performance and we didn’t ever look in any real danger. The back 3 were solid and are forming a real partnership, the midfield competed well and won the battle, and the top two were a handful all day. Enjoyed some of Ciftci’s seeth-inducing footwork.

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

IMG_2418.jpg

Some man so he is.

Thought he was going to get himself sent off 1st half, as Dundee's game plan appeared to revolve mainly around trying to rile him up and appeared to be working, however I thought he was excellent in the 2nd half and appeared to have most of those in Blue utterly rattled by the end. How Dundee only got one yellow card was beyond me, some of the challenges in the 2nd half were about as cynical as you can get yet for some reason Madden kept his cards in his pocket. 

Didn't think we were particularly great today to be honest but we didn't really need to be, Dundee were toothless up front and gifted us two very soft goals. We had the organization and discipline to see the job through relatively comfortably and would echo Swello above about Charles Dunne. He's been a real unsung hero of late and has probably been our top performer so far in 2018, the back three of him, Kipre and Aldred were solid yet again- although we did seem to struggle a bit at set pieces today.  Also think his opposite number today perfectly illustrated why it was vitally important to hold on to Carson in January.

Another win and another clean sheet, quite enjoying us being good again to be honest.

Both sides were pretty well matched and had a number of chances but it came down to who managed to take some chances and fortunately we did. Both Ciftci and Moussa missed sitters at the same front post and I'll be interested to see if Kipre actually was offside for our early disallowed goal. Hopefully BBC will have it as one of their featured games as there was plenty to show and it gets more than the 57 seconds or whatever we got of the Accies game.

17 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Some man so he is.

Thought he was going to get himself sent off 1st half, as Dundee's game plan appeared to revolve mainly around trying to rile him up and appeared to be working, however I thought he was excellent in the 2nd half and appeared to have most of those in Blue utterly rattled by the end. How Dundee only got one yellow card was beyond me, some of the challenges in the 2nd half were about as cynical as you can get yet for some reason Madden kept his cards in his pocket. 

Didn't think we were particularly great today to be honest but we didn't really need to be, Dundee were toothless up front and gifted us two very soft goals. We had the organization and discipline to see the job through relatively comfortably and would echo Swello above about Charles Dunne. He's been a real unsung hero of late and has probably been our top performer so far in 2018, the back three of him, Kipre and Aldred were solid yet again- although we did seem to struggle a bit at set pieces today.  Also think his opposite number today perfectly illustrated why it was vitally important to hold on to Carson in January.

Another win and another clean sheet, quite enjoying us being good again to be honest.

Big Rab giving Carson due props.

Spotted the big man near us actually......

Course he'd be at the game today. Lives in Dundee. Chance to see his boyhood heroes and the club he loves.

He also, likes to watch us get pumped from Celtic.

Bit of a jinx is Rab.

Fantastic result for us today. Made easier with our high pressing style of football and dundee's insistance of continually trying to play the ball out from the back. As a result the dundee defence never got a moment's peace the whole game. Hopefully another up and coming appointment for us at hampden again this season. COYW.

4 minutes ago, well91 said:

Fantastic result for us today. Made easier with our high pressing style of football and dundee's insistance of continually trying to play the ball out from the back. As a result the dundee defence never got a moment's peace the whole game. Hopefully another up and coming appointment for us at hampden again this season. COYW.

It kind of reminded me of us under Jim Gannon a few years back - where we played the ball out from the back every time and simply didn't have the players to carry it out effectively under any sort of pressing. Instinctively, I like teams trying to play football but when you see it hit a brick wall, you feel like there should be a Plan B. To be fair - we're at the other end of the spectrum these days where a bit more football wouldn't go amiss at times...

It kind of reminded me of us under Jim Gannon a few years back - where we played the ball out from the back every time and simply didn't have the players to carry it out effectively under any sort of pressing. Instinctively, I like teams trying to play football but when you see it hit a brick wall, you feel like there should be a Plan B. To be fair - we're at the other end of the spectrum these days where a bit more football wouldn't go amiss at times...

It really was a pity gannon was such a p***k because he could spot a player. Dundee never really looked like they knew what it was they were ment to be doing with the ball when playing it out from defence. As Robinson says. We need to win the park first, which explains our more physical start to games. However I feel we always end games with a style of play more pleasing to the eye. Recently I think the players are starting to understand what the gaffer is looking for in matches.

The seethe induced by Madden helping Ciftci to his feet after he was fouled for the umpteenth time was absolutely wonderful.

Must admit, that was a surreal moment. Dundee support clapping sarcastically. Ref not giving a f**k.

Archived