Jump to content

The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread


Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, velo army said:

The ASV is already a top class community sports complex, and is just a hop, skip and jump from the beach.

The idea of having a hulking great football stadium right by the beach gives me the fear. Litter on the beach is already a problem in summer (blown from the promenade) and with the windy autumn and winter we get this would be a year round problem.

The "cricket pitch" is popular with families and folk with dogs. I'd hate to see that go. I know this sounds like nimby pish, and it is. I live here, and love it. 

 

Club have had issues with being double booked over the years 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When ASV was built Aberdeen FC wanted nothing to to do with it initially (in terms of using it for training). I think that changed after a couple of years and some bad winter sessions though and I remember when I used to live in Aberdeen you started to see more AFC players popping up there for training along with various Highland League sides. I'm sure I saw Buckie rock up there a few times for training over the years.

It's a cracking facility and genuinely one of the things I miss most about Ehburdeen :lol: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very encouraging to see the amount of folk on the socials saying they want the new ground at the beach to be at least 20-22k capacity. Unlike some on here who would be happy with a ground smaller than Rugby Park. #ambition

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Very encouraging to see the amount of folk on the socials saying they want the new ground at the beach to be at least 20-22k capacity. Unlike some on here who would be happy with a ground smaller than Rugby Park. #ambition

Would be interested to find out how many of those folk go to games in the first place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Would be interested to find out how many of those folk go to games in the first place.

Still raging they couldn’t get a ticket for Bayern Munich in 2008. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, velo army said:

The ASV is already a top class community sports complex, and is just a hop, skip and jump from the beach.

The idea of having a hulking great football stadium right by the beach gives me the fear. Litter on the beach is already a problem in summer (blown from the promenade) and with the windy autumn and winter we get this would be a year round problem.

The "cricket pitch" is popular with families and folk with dogs. I'd hate to see that go. I know this sounds like nimby pish, and it is. I live here, and love it. 

 

Shit training regime.  No wonder you’re struggling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do we even know how much this new "world-class community sports complex" is going to cost club and council? It's a bit tricky to give an opinion without that knowledge.
 
I know this is a bit cynical and typically Aberdonian take but after 20 odd years of listening to this it all seems a bit...
climate-change-climate-action.gif.e72e5e83144ac8bd82e12fe41d469e2c.gif

Around £75m going by the article on the BBC website today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61169743
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Would be interested to find out how many of those folk go to games in the first place.

Your line on this is absolutely correct by the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Around £75m going by the article on the BBC website today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61169743

It's blue sky thinking like this that can kill a club the size of Aberdeen.

And when I read that, it makes me think that this new stadium will never be built.

I find it difficult to understand Cormack. He seems to want to run before he can walk. I suppose it's the spiv's way.

We're currently going through our worst season in a decade and our fate is yet to be known, and he's talking about building a stadium for £75 million when we'll be lucky to have 8,000 fans for each of the last three league matches.

In the article, he also seems to accept that this the most expensive and least attractive time to start a project like this but he wants to do it anyway...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I haven't been keeping up with this since moving down the road.

Is Kingsford dead? Did the NIMBY's win? A bit shit having the training complex so far away from the stadium imo.

Is it? Why?

Not really sure why it's an issue. Hibs must have a bigger distance between theirs and I can't imagine it's caused them any significant problems.

Edited by Rodhull
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I haven't been keeping up with this since moving down the road.

Is Kingsford dead? Did the NIMBY's win? A bit shit having the training complex so far away from the stadium imo.

Is it? 

United have St Andrews - 14mi
Rangers have Auchinhowie - 8mi
Celtic have Lennoxtown - 14mi
Hibs have Ormiston - 13mi
Hearts have the Oriam - 5 mi

Aberdeen would be 8 miles away from Cormack Park, which would be about the average compared to almost every other club with a big training centre.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Is it? Why?

Not really sure why it's an issue. Hibs must have a bigger distance between theirs and I can't imagine it's caused them any significant problems.

 

6 hours ago, Ray Patterson said:

Is it? 

United have St Andrews - 14mi
Rangers have Auchinhowie - 8mi
Celtic have Lennoxtown - 14mi
Hibs have Ormiston - 13mi
Hearts have the Oriam - 5 mi

Aberdeen would be 8 miles away from Cormack Park, which would be about the average compared to almost every other club with a big training centre.

But was the whole plan not based around them all being part of the same complex? Like so...

59968c9f735c6.thumb.jpg.819c5dfa3688b45c203589877f9115bc.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Is it? Why?

Not really sure why it's an issue. Hibs must have a bigger distance between theirs and I can't imagine it's caused them any significant problems.

They're in the bottom six - that's a significant problem!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Is it? Why?

Not really sure why it's an issue. Hibs must have a bigger distance between theirs and I can't imagine it's caused them any significant problems.

I dont think it makes a blind bit of difference, in fact it is probably a plus to have training / rehab etc remote from prying eyes etc.

The costs of land in towns is such that its almost unfeasible to have enough space for several training pitches, indoor facilities and your stadium right next to each other.

To have that sort of facility might cost you another £20m on top of the (is it really????) £75m I heard quoted this morning for the new stadium.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...