The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

On 02/11/2019 at 14:33, Green Day said:

Milne and Cormack have said that the stadium wont be in place until "maybe" 2023.

The problem is the current valuation of Pittodrie and the impact that has on funding the new £50m stadium.

So, its not really happening until / unless the housing market takes an upturn....................

Excellent news. Maybe all the Milne bootlickers on here can go and buy another bridge that somebody else has to sell them. M8.png.899f5ea323ddfb508fcd962324d54924.png

15 minutes ago, A96 said:

I don’t know what FOMO means but I’m pretty sure I agree with this.  

FOMO means fear of missing out, it's the latest advertising buzzphrase.

Edited by HibsFan

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

Excellent news. Maybe all the Milne bootlickers on here can go and buy another bridge that somebody else has to sell them. M8.png.899f5ea323ddfb508fcd962324d54924.png

FOMO means fear of missing out, it's the latest advertising buzzphrase.

Anyone who uses “buzzphrases” or the word “buzzphrase” can get tae.....

The last figures I saw suggested £18m of a £50m budget would come from the sale of pittodrie

It looked as if there might be issues with securing the other £32M anyway

and if that’s now £35m it can’t help

I hope we don’t end up having to sell a couple of players to cover this....

23 hours ago, Green Day said:

I dont understand that? McInnes and pretty much everyone concerned with AFC has said that having proper training facilities is really important to the club. That the training centre isnt right next to the stadium isnt an issue really.

Probably the biggest issue was flagged up by Richard Gordon yesterday - if Aberdeen keep delaying this, that £50m  pricetag is only going to go up - lets say theres a scenario where Brexit adds 10% due to devaluation in sterling, theres another £5m !

You think they bought the land, went through the planning process, amended an application, put forward their case in front of the councillors then took part in a Judicial Review just to have the facilities which would likely have had no problem being approved in their own right?

8 hours ago, Ken Fitlike said:

Just  having a wee dream that they* get something like this built at Kingsford.........

* edit - the fans pretty much built it. Respect.

https://www.fc-union-berlin.de/en/stadium/home/

union berlin.JPG

Brilliant stadium, build that please. Buying lagers out of shopping trollies in the forest next to it is probably the best bit. 

On 04/11/2019 at 08:35, Dons_1988 said:

My biggest concern over the stadium was how would we fund it so ot entirely surprised if it's true we are struggling.

Best to abandon it unless the club can guarantee we won't financially regret it for a generation.

Heard Stewarty on the radio saying now they have to look for money to build the stadium! 
Dons fans be prepared to dig deep.

Been at the training pitches a couple of times, they do look good. Worth a visit.