Jump to content
Marr1

The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

Recommended Posts

Is there a chance AFC will finish this stadium before Hearts complete that one stand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was clicking through old pages on bbc sport at work earlier and spotted this cracker. 20 years ago!

 

edit - I’m referring to the final part of the story although I read a few others from around this time relating to Ebbe Skovdahl etc.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/542556.stm

Edited by Dindeleux

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2019 at 16:33, Aberdeen Cowden said:

No it isn't hot lava, might as well be though, it's fully grown beech trees.

As for King Street, you trying to compare a city road, with slow moving traffic,broad pavements either side and folk crossing between the cars to a dual carriageway?

Save yourself some time and go out to Prime Four and walk to the Five Mile Garage and back then you'll see exactly what the problem is.

king Street - 30mph

A944 - 40mph (but as we know, there will be total gridlock during football games as NKS have said so)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2019 at 22:38, Aberdeen Cowden said:

, problem with a game finishing is that everyone wants to get moving at the same time.

 

in multiple directions. Of course there will be delays leaving, the delays getting away from Pittodrie are brutal, but then we've all got to get across or along King Street. As you know, Westhill won;t be like that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

in multiple directions. Of course there will be delays leaving, the delays getting away from Pittodrie are brutal, but then we've all got to get across or along King Street. As you know, Westhill won;t be like that 

It’s not Westhill that’s the problem, it’s that stupid Kingsford roundabout. As you said yourself most folk don’t even know how to use it. Re the speed limit, as you also know, no one sticks to it or things would be even worse ( it was only reduced to 40mph supposedly to “ protect “ workers building the bypass! )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

It’s not Westhill that’s the problem, it’s that stupid Kingsford roundabout. As you said yourself most folk don’t even know how to use it. Re the speed limit, as you also know, no one sticks to it or things would be even worse ( it was only reduced to 40mph supposedly to “ protect “ workers building the bypass! )

Four years should be long enough to educate themselves then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

It’s not Westhill that’s the problem, it’s that stupid Kingsford roundabout. As you said yourself most folk don’t even know how to use it. Re the speed limit, as you also know, no one sticks to it or things would be even worse ( it was only reduced to 40mph supposedly to “ protect “ workers building the bypass! )

That I'm afraid is complete and utter bollocks. it was reduced (once again) by the mad nutter of Sheddocksley - Steve Delaney - a lycra warrior who would have us all on bikes given a chance. I wrote to every single city councillor on 20th Feb 2015 about the change. Delenay replied:

 

 

Steve Delaney <[email protected]>
20 Feb 2015 at 21:07
 
Good Evening,
 
The Road Traffic Order giving effect to this speed reduction was agreed unanimously by the Communities, Housing & Infrastructure Committee on 4th September 2014. It’s fair to say I’ve been campaigning for a reduction to 40mph from the Sheddocksley roundabout to what was the Westhill roundabout for the past three years. This was supported by the vast majority of my constituents from a road safety point of view. The most recent proposal (which only affects the section from the Kingswells roundabout to Westhill) went through due process, having been out to public consultation twice and back to committee twice. 
 
I fully accept you take a different view on the speed reduction on this route and respect your opinion, whilst disagreeing with it. The Road Traffic Order has already been passed and is now in force.
 
Regards
Steve Delaney
--------------------------------------------------------
Councillor Steve Delaney
Ward 3, Kingswells/Sheddocksley/Summerhill
Town House
Aberdeen AB10 1FY
01224 694469 Home
01224 346614 Office
@Cllr Delaney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Four years should be long enough to educate themselves then.

It's OK, Westhill folk will be walking to games, the rest of us can negotiate it fine. :thumsup2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gone @ that email address.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fatshaft said:

That I'm afraid is complete and utter bollocks. it was reduced (once again) by the mad nutter of Sheddocksley - Steve Delaney - a lycra warrior who would have us all on bikes given a chance. I wrote to every single city councillor on 20th Feb 2015 about the change. Delenay replied:

 

 

Steve Delaney <[email protected]>
 
20 Feb 2015 at 21:07
 
 
Good Evening,
 
The Road Traffic Order giving effect to this speed reduction was agreed unanimously by the Communities, Housing & Infrastructure Committee on 4th September 2014. It’s fair to say I’ve been campaigning for a reduction to 40mph from the Sheddocksley roundabout to what was the Westhill roundabout for the past three years. This was supported by the vast majority of my constituents from a road safety point of view. The most recent proposal (which only affects the section from the Kingswells roundabout to Westhill) went through due process, having been out to public consultation twice and back to committee twice. 
 
I fully accept you take a different view on the speed reduction on this route and respect your opinion, whilst disagreeing with it. The Road Traffic Order has already been passed and is now in force.
 
Regards
Steve Delaney
--------------------------------------------------------
Councillor Steve Delaney
Ward 3, Kingswells/Sheddocksley/Summerhill
Town House
Aberdeen AB10 1FY
01224 694469 Home
01224 346614 Office
@Cllr Delaney

Different story again.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/uncategorized/another-section-of-a-busy-commuter-road-to-have-speed-limit-cut-from-50mph/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...