Marr1

The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

Is there a chance AFC will finish this stadium before Hearts complete that one stand?

Was clicking through old pages on bbc sport at work earlier and spotted this cracker. 20 years ago!

edit - I’m referring to the final part of the story although I read a few others from around this time relating to Ebbe Skovdahl etc.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/542556.stm

Edited by Dindeleux

On 6/10/2019 at 16:33, Aberdeen Cowden said:

No it isn't hot lava, might as well be though, it's fully grown beech trees.

As for King Street, you trying to compare a city road, with slow moving traffic,broad pavements either side and folk crossing between the cars to a dual carriageway?

Save yourself some time and go out to Prime Four and walk to the Five Mile Garage and back then you'll see exactly what the problem is.

king Street - 30mph

A944 - 40mph (but as we know, there will be total gridlock during football games as NKS have said so)

On 6/10/2019 at 22:38, Aberdeen Cowden said:

, problem with a game finishing is that everyone wants to get moving at the same time.

in multiple directions. Of course there will be delays leaving, the delays getting away from Pittodrie are brutal, but then we've all got to get across or along King Street. As you know, Westhill won;t be like that 

45 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

in multiple directions. Of course there will be delays leaving, the delays getting away from Pittodrie are brutal, but then we've all got to get across or along King Street. As you know, Westhill won;t be like that 

It’s not Westhill that’s the problem, it’s that stupid Kingsford roundabout. As you said yourself most folk don’t even know how to use it. Re the speed limit, as you also know, no one sticks to it or things would be even worse ( it was only reduced to 40mph supposedly to “ protect “ workers building the bypass! )

15 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

It’s not Westhill that’s the problem, it’s that stupid Kingsford roundabout. As you said yourself most folk don’t even know how to use it. Re the speed limit, as you also know, no one sticks to it or things would be even worse ( it was only reduced to 40mph supposedly to “ protect “ workers building the bypass! )

Four years should be long enough to educate themselves then.

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

That I'm afraid is complete and utter bollocks. it was reduced (once again) by the mad nutter of Sheddocksley - Steve Delaney - a lycra warrior who would have us all on bikes given a chance. I wrote to every single city councillor on 20th Feb 2015 about the change. Delenay replied:

Steve Delaney <[email protected]>
20 Feb 2015 at 21:07

Good Evening,

The Road Traffic Order giving effect to this speed reduction was agreed unanimously by the Communities, Housing & Infrastructure Committee on 4th September 2014. It’s fair to say I’ve been campaigning for a reduction to 40mph from the Sheddocksley roundabout to what was the Westhill roundabout for the past three years. This was supported by the vast majority of my constituents from a road safety point of view. The most recent proposal (which only affects the section from the Kingswells roundabout to Westhill) went through due process, having been out to public consultation twice and back to committee twice. 

I fully accept you take a different view on the speed reduction on this route and respect your opinion, whilst disagreeing with it. The Road Traffic Order has already been passed and is now in force.

Regards
Steve Delaney
--------------------------------------------------------
Councillor Steve Delaney
Ward 3, Kingswells/Sheddocksley/Summerhill
Town House
Aberdeen AB10 1FY
01224 694469 Home
01224 346614 Office
@Cllr Delaney

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Four years should be long enough to educate themselves then.

It's OK, Westhill folk will be walking to games, the rest of us can negotiate it fine. :thumsup2

Gone @ that email address.

1 hour ago, fatshaft said:

That I'm afraid is complete and utter bollocks. it was reduced (once again) by the mad nutter of Sheddocksley - Steve Delaney - a lycra warrior who would have us all on bikes given a chance. I wrote to every single city councillor on 20th Feb 2015 about the change. Delenay replied:

Steve Delaney <[email protected]>

20 Feb 2015 at 21:07

Good Evening,

The Road Traffic Order giving effect to this speed reduction was agreed unanimously by the Communities, Housing & Infrastructure Committee on 4th September 2014. It’s fair to say I’ve been campaigning for a reduction to 40mph from the Sheddocksley roundabout to what was the Westhill roundabout for the past three years. This was supported by the vast majority of my constituents from a road safety point of view. The most recent proposal (which only affects the section from the Kingswells roundabout to Westhill) went through due process, having been out to public consultation twice and back to committee twice. 

I fully accept you take a different view on the speed reduction on this route and respect your opinion, whilst disagreeing with it. The Road Traffic Order has already been passed and is now in force.

Regards
Steve Delaney
--------------------------------------------------------
Councillor Steve Delaney
Ward 3, Kingswells/Sheddocksley/Summerhill
Town House
Aberdeen AB10 1FY
01224 694469 Home
01224 346614 Office
@Cllr Delaney

Different story again.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/uncategorized/another-section-of-a-busy-commuter-road-to-have-speed-limit-cut-from-50mph/

Milne and Cormack have said that the stadium wont be in place until "maybe" 2023.

The problem is the current valuation of Pittodrie and the impact that has on funding the new £50m stadium.

So, its not really happening until / unless the housing market takes an upturn....................

9 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Milne and Cormack have said that the stadium wont be in place until "maybe" 2023.

The problem is the current valuation of Pittodrie and the impact that has on funding the new £50m stadium.

So, its not really happening until / unless the housing market takes an upturn....................

Given the general predictions of a World recession in 2020......the stadium Mike be a while off yet!

Interesting angle. The area around the Pittodrie is okay but not prime, and property prices in Aberdeen have decreased quite a lot in the last four years or so.

55 minutes ago, resk said:
21 hours ago, Green Day said:

Interesting angle. The area around the Pittodrie is okay but not prime, and property prices in Aberdeen have decreased quite a lot in the last four years or so.

It’s been earmarked for housing by the planning, but how likely is the housing market to increase enough in the near future to get a better value for the land? 

Is this new stadium ever going to materialise?

I’m not sure it is.

2 hours ago, big al said:

It’s been earmarked for housing by the planning, but how likely is the housing market to increase enough in the near future to get a better value for the land? 

Is this new stadium ever going to materialise?

I’m not sure it is

A hoorin amount of effort to go through to get training facilities organised if there was no intention of building it.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

A hoorin amount of effort to go through to get training facilities organised if there was no intention of building it.

True.

I like Pittodrie so each delay is good for me.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

I dont understand that? McInnes and pretty much everyone concerned with AFC has said that having proper training facilities is really important to the club. That the training centre isnt right next to the stadium isnt an issue really.

Probably the biggest issue was flagged up by Richard Gordon yesterday - if Aberdeen keep delaying this, that £50m  pricetag is only going to go up - lets say theres a scenario where Brexit adds 10% due to devaluation in sterling, theres another £5m !