The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

10 minutes ago, jessmagic said:

Wager there is a high correlation between those in favour of the new stadium and those rejoicing over Considine's new contract. 

The council are finally going to look at the Kingsford roundabout as they now realise what a problem it is. It’s going to cost someone a lot of bucks to fix.

"Where the stadium literally sits in the city can make or break a ground"

A more direct link to the same article:

https://mundialmag.com/blogs/gazzetta/london-stadium-wembley-tottenham-hotspur-new-stadium-west-ham-united-champions-league-2019

As well as the importance of location it makes some interesting points about the challenge of creating a sense of continuity and tradition in a new stadium (Spoiler Arsenal did it well, West Ham didn’t)

On 25/04/2019 at 17:29, Aberdeen Cowden said:

The Kingsford roundabout is. Disaster, traffic even backing up on to the bypass at times. Should be fun when we get the 100+ buses and an extra 6000 cars. Should be fun getting home.

Move then.

Just now, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Why?I don't live there. But I might want to use the road after a game.Would you?

Would I use the road after a game?  If I needed to.  I'd also quit moaning about it, roads around football stadiums busy after games shocker.

4 hours ago, jessmagic said:

Wager there is a high correlation between those in favour of the new stadium and those rejoicing over Considine's new contract. 

I haven’t seen anyone “rejoicing”, as you put it (you obviously don’t think he should be around the club next season), but a lot of fans see it as a sensible re-signing as a squad player, as a minimum. If you don’t  rate him as a player, fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, in my opinion, he has done as good a job for us this season as anyone.

On 4/10/2019 at 13:06, HibsFan said:

Aberdeen could have, Milne recklessly sold land off around Pittodrie to accidentally or intentionally make a rebuild there 'impossible'.

Believe me, I am not in the slightest bit jealous.

I feel for city-based Aberdeen fans who are having their club moved from their spiritual home of 100+ years.

I don't feel for the country bumpkin Tories who are cheering this all the way so their "commute" to the ground can be 15 minutes quicker.

Can't wait to revisit this thread 5 years into Kingsford. It will be a fucking disaster.  M5.png.f8338b0680e389e06c9757db5066c6cb.png

I'm not a tory ye p***k 

7 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Where have you been hiding? Get that roundabout fixed.

f**k all a-dea with the roundabout. It's an oblongabout, the line of sight coming off the AWPR and looking east to see if you can exit is more than enough, just shite driving is the issue. Folk fae Westhill, fit div ye expect, they don;t even know what the inside lane is for. 

On 4/29/2019 at 12:11, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Yet another accident on the Kingsford roundabout yesterday.

Good stuff, can you clarify why this is in the stadium thread? There will be total and utter gridlock once the Wiggy Dome is complete, people won't even be able to get to the cinema, so the "dangerous roundabout" will be moot.