The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

You've brought conjecture. Exactly the same as everyone posting here, myself included.

And the survey figures showing what proportion of fans walk to Kingsford. And the census data showing the (obvious) fact that there are far more people living within 3 or 4 kilometres of Pittodrie than to Kingsford. Your suppositions are backed with nothing more than (completely unrealistic) hunches and assumptions and denials.

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

And the survey figures showing what proportion of fans walk to Kingsford. And the census data showing the (obvious) fact that there are far more people living within 3 or 4 kilometres of Pittodrie than to Kingsford. Your suppositions are backed with nothing more than (completely unrealistic) hunches and assumptions and denials.

Aye ok then.

1 minute ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Convincing.

Well apparently First Aberdeen have a fleet of 175 buses 

which means they could get 20,000 people back into town inside an hour

And assuming that there's no delays loading and unloading or traffic

Disclaimer

Obviously they won't have to shift all 20,000 people...

but then again they won't be able to cancel all the other public transport in Aberdeen either

and the people who insist on driving will  cause traffic that delay the buses

5 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Well apparently First Aberdeen have a fleet of 175 buses 

which means they could get 20,000 people back into town inside an hour

And assuming that there's no delays loading and unloading or traffic

Disclaimer

Obviously they won't have to shift all 20,000 people...

but then again they won't be able to cancel all the other public transport in Aberdeen either

and the people who insist on driving will  cause traffic that delay the buses

And of these 175 buses how many are sitting idle at any given point?

38 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

How frequently do these Stagecoach services run? And how near is near?

One bus every 15mins. There might be other folk who want to use the buses. There won't be many getting on buses going into Aberdeen as they drive around Westhill picking up other passengers before they get to the stadium.

Transport seems to be the most important thing to get sorted out some sort of fleet of shuttle buses would have to run from the city as no way will anyone be walking from the city to the stadium. The by-pass is great for what it was set up for, not going into town can now go from Ellon to Stonehaven in around 35 minutes. Believe the Westhill slip/roundabout can be a bottleneck & in a ideal world a separate slip for stadium traffic only should have been included although as an after thought you would imagine the club would have to help with the cost which would not be cheap. Buses coming from North or South would have to arrange somewhere that would take them for a drink to stop allowing enough time say 30/40 mins to arrive at the ground for the game between that & folk driving traffic should be diluted quite a bit.

And of these 175 buses how many are sitting idle at any given point?

I wasn’t actually suggesting that First Bus Aberdeen dedicate their entire fleet to this.

I was merel illustrating the scale of a logistical challenge that was being waved away with “There will be shuttle buses”

If you don’t get on one of the first batch of shuttle buses then your journey time is trebled as you have to wait for the bus to go there and back before you set off

So a 20 minute journey to a becomes an hour.

And that’s assuming it’s an express service as opposed to a stopping one. That the traffic won’t slow it down and that you can get enough buses to not need third and fourth trips

14 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I wasn’t actually suggesting that First Bus Aberdeen dedicate their entire fleet to this.

I was merel illustrating the scale of a logistical challenge that was being waved away with “There will be shuttle buses”

If you don’t get on one of the first batch of shuttle buses then your journey time is trebled as you have to wait for the bus to go there and back before you set off

So a 20 minute journey to a becomes an hour.

And that’s assuming it’s an express service as opposed to a stopping one. That the traffic won’t slow it down and that you can get enough buses to not need third and fourth trips

Fair enough post. 

The plan is to have the first set buses operating 2.5 hours prior to the match with fan zones, bar, cafe, museum facilities there.

If they're smart, they'd have the youth games played pre match at the training facilities so folk could watch that too if they desired.

Fair enough post. 
The plan is to have the first set buses operating 2.5 hours prior to the match with fan zones, bar, cafe, museum facilities there.
If they're smart, they'd have the youth games played pre match at the training facilities so folk could watch that too if they desired.

If I was prepared to set off 2.5 hours before kick off I could go and watch Newcastle United.

My comment was in regards to his "there's virtually no public transport" comment. Shouldn't be hard to comprehend, I even highlighted the point with bold text [emoji6]
In regards to folks 'concerns', I've seen about three Aberdeen fans making concerned comments. Every other one posting seems to be for the stadium and then all the other concerned dissenters are fans of opposing teams.
I think I posted a few times already in this thread, but for what it's worth I'm against Kingsford and I think it's going to be fucking shite. I do agree that I seem to be in the minority of Dons fans, though.