The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2019 at 20:39, jessmagic said:

Judging by the way the club has been run in the past 20 years it will be a souless shoebox. 

No way should the club be moving outwith the city limits the clue is in our name. 

Just another attempt to sanitise the whole experience and to keep the wrong non double garage types away. 

It isn't :blink:

On 3/24/2019 at 14:24, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Village Hotel? For fitba fans? Good luck with that.

Been asked to leave for wearing a scarf that wasn’t even football related.

Nae doobt the name tag sown onto it was a giveaway, did you also have your mittens on string through your sleeves? 

14 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

16 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

It isn't :blink:

Can agree or disagree but it's nae actually in what I know as Aberdeen, a fitba stadium should not be located in a souless surburban enclave. 

Reebok stadium MKII. 

Edited by jessmagic

Just now, fatshaft said:

Which is a great stadium, so nae a great argument 

Aye OK. 

Terrible location, it will be built on the cheap as well. 

Hopefully they won't be able to secure funding. 

Will absolutely kill the club, I predict circa 6k for a Tuesday night game v Hamilton. 

3 minutes ago, jessmagic said:

Will absolutely kill the club, I predict circa 6k for a Tuesday night game v Hamilton. 

It might. Because plenty people have this attitude and have already made up their mind.

Give the club a chance to get it right.

3 minutes ago, jessmagic said:

Aye OK. 

Terrible location, it will be built on the cheap as well. 

Hopefully they won't be able to secure funding. 

Based on what?

I'd hazard a guess that the commute to the stadium for a large percentage of the fan base will be quicker.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Based on what?

I'd hazard a guess that the commute to the stadium for a large percentage of the fan base will be quicker.

Doesn't matter how often this is repeated, there's a band of fans who don't grasp travel at all 

12 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Can you imagine the list of complaints if the location of Pittodrie was to be built for a new stadium?

At least Pittodrie is actually in Aberdeen......

22 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

No idea what your point is?

The City Centre is gridlocked before and after games. Nobody that doesn't arrive very early can park close to the stadium. Nobody who doesn't leave early can get home in a decent amount of time.

Truly bizarre how many posts on the subject you have for someone who doesn't live in the city.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

The City Centre is gridlocked before and after games.

36 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

It's in the city boundaries and is a short drive from the city centre.

Those who want to go will go. Those who don't will find excuses, as they do now.

Let me get this straight.

A high proportion of your 15000 regular matchday fans - presumably largely drawn from the 60,000 folks in Aberdeenshire who live outside Aberdeen -  take their cars into the city centre to go to Pittodrie. This caused gridlock and is why you need the new stadium.

Now the new site is so far outside the city centre that all the fans who are drawn from the 200,000 folks who live in Aberdeen proper (many of whom would have walked to Pittodrie), as well as those from elsewhere who took the trains to Aberdeen city centre on match day, as well as almost all of those same fans from outside Aberdeen who used to drive to Pittodrie, will all be converging on this one site with motor transport, and all of them will be driving down the A944. This will not cause traffic congestion.

Is this the crux of why you think the new stadium has a better location?

Edited by Aim Here

9 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Let me get this straight.

A high proportion of your 15000 regular matchday fans - presumably largely drawn from the 60,000 folks in Aberdeenshire who live outside Aberdeen -  take their cars into the city centre to go to Pittodrie. This caused gridlock and is why you need the new stadium.

Now the new site is so far outside the city centre that all the fans who are drawn from the 200,000 folks who live in Aberdeen proper (many of whom would have walked to Pittodrie), as well as those from elsewhere who took the trains to Aberdeen city centre on match day, as well as almost all of those same fans from outside Aberdeen who used to drive to Pittodrie, will all be converging on this one site with motor transport, and all of them will be driving down the A944. This will not cause traffic congestion.

Is this the crux of why you think the new stadium has a better location?

The stadium site is pretty much on the new bypass. There's already a park and ride facility in kingswells. There will be shuttle buses to alleviate some of the driving public.

The roads around Pittodrie are more or less single lan per direction. 

We need the new stadium because Pittodrie is a shit hole and the mounting maintenance costs along with planning legislation make it impossible for a club of our size and finances to upgrade. Nothing to do with the traffic?

I don't know anyone who walks to Pittodrie from their home. No idea how you can state 'many' folk walk there. Most will drive or get the bus. A high proportion of the folk in immediate walking distance are students.