The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

You do know that saying things repeatedly doesn’t actually make them true.

It would be challenging and probably awkward but that’s not the same as impossible

Agreed,  I genuinely dont know enough about what they can or cant do on the current footprint - however it would surprise me if the overall space was less than your place, and Hearts have managed to put in place a 20000 capacity stadium while maintaining the "local community" bit that I love about football stadiums.

Just imagine the sterility of our grounds (and lack of anywhere to get a bevvy) if those plans for Hermiston or Straiton had actually come to fruition?

27 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

A quick peek at Google maps shows this is not true.

There's about 10m of land owned by the club behind the South stand which is not enough to compensate for extended run-off areas required by UEFA, nor the extensive renovations required to bring the Main stand and South Stands inline with current regulations.

This thread is like the "What's the future for junior fitba thread" !!!!!!

Change is coming and minters on here down crying it from the rooftops just like the juniors shitting themselves over joining the pyramid!!!

Too many away fans on here poochy pooing about having a drink and parking.

Get over it,it's not our new stadium it's Aberdeen's !!

I.M.O it's the best way forward for Aberdeen Football Club,best of luck to them.

1 minute ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Change is coming and minters on here down crying it from the rooftops just like the juniors shitting themselves over joining the pyramid!!!

I.M.O it's the best way forward for Aberdeen Football Club,best of luck to them.

Too many away fans...what?

4 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

It is entirely up to The Dons and their fans what they do - however I get the impression that this plan and its location are far from universally accepted even among them - so its not just "away fans".

And as for your other points, last time I looked P&B was a forum for football fans to spraff pish - a bit like we will in the pub pre match on Sunday.

Just because people are asking questions doesnt make them erses - we even allow people from other divisions to comment.................

50 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Agreed,  I genuinely dont know enough about what they can or cant do on the current footprint - however it would surprise me if the overall space was less than your place, and Hearts have managed to put in place a 20000 capacity stadium while maintaining the "local community" bit that I love about football stadiums.

Just imagine the sterility of our grounds (and lack of anywhere to get a bevvy) if those plans for Hermiston or Straiton had actually come to fruition?

This is hardly a professional survey but the old Tynecastle was approx. the same breadth as Pittodrie is now:

33mwi9i.jpg

25ari50.jpg

The new Tynecastle footprint isn't up on Google yet, but eyeballing it would suggest a new width of approx 145m. The max that Pittodrie could ever be is 130m.

35hiyoh.jpg

f23kea.jpg

Additionally, with the bigger run-off and the renovations required to the Main Stand, the pitch itself would likely have to move south by about 10 metres, meaning the Dick Donald is moved off centre, and the Merkland is moved even further off centre.

Edited by Illgresi

4 hours ago, Green Day said:

Its not that P&B have "so many experts" but most other large clubs have either rebuilt or relocated already. 

There have been many mistakes made - haven't we all been stuck in the stadium car park  in McDairmid in the early days of the new stadium? - from which any club rebuilding or relocating now should learn.

...........or  not

The spend should be ignored either - now £50m?

Given the money Aberdeen might spend, you would think that they could reimagine Pittodrie for a significantly lower sum - and the Dick Donald is basically fit for purpose already so it would only need 3 stands.

Alas no. The cost is, allegedly, so high the numbers exist only in theoretical economics. Besides which the restrictions of the area mean that the total capacity would be less than the current capacity of the RDS apparently.

And right on cue the party line is reaffirmed as a stand alone absolute truth.

Sadly, the time for redevelopment of Pittodrie has probably gone. It should go down as one of the football crimes of the century.  The word that the club had to move came out just as it had  run up such horrendous losses, around the end of the 20th century, that selling the ground was an absolute necessity just to get the club back to a point where it started over debt free. At the time there was no other way of clearing the debts except maybe those who had incurred them doing the decent thing, but that's another story...

Now, somehow, it is the fault of the city or the local council, holding the club back apparently.

In the 50 years following WW2 Aberdeen won more trophies than any other non exOF club even if you strip out the Ferguson years. They won 8. Hearts won 7, Hibs 5. 

In the subsequent 22 seasons Aberdeen has won 1 trophy. Hearts have 3, Hibs have 2. They had their longest trophy free run since the second world war, nineteen seasons.  Yes, it got tougher as the exOF spent stupid money but everything suggests during that nineteen year barren spell they should at least have been coming close to a cup win. 17 years without even a Scottish Cup Final appearance. Again, ignoring the Ferguson years 8 years was the previous longest. The truth is they never came close until 2014. Aberdeen have been hopeless, so badly run, so badly managed.

It's the same city. It is pretty much the same council.

In my opinion it is probably something else to blame, not the city or the council, and it's probably that same factor that left Pittodrie to fall apart until the point is reached where there's no longer any option but to move to the middle of nowhere.

Picking the middle/late 90s as my cut off point isn't arbitrary, of course. The running of the club changed dramatically at that point and has led to the point it finds itself today, moving to the boondocks. Not as a planned, business decision, not as a way forward but as a means of climbing out of a self inflicted shit pit. Somehow though, it is the city and the council that holds the club back. 

Now though, the Happy Clappers see nothing but sunshine, lollipops and rainbows in the future.  A new, improved and even larger debt than anything the club has endured before will not restrict the team and club at all.  Suddenly the board have vision and insight, they will be inclusive and open.

But because some of the fans ask questions of the board or about the whole Kingsford operation regarding transport and fan zones we are miserable c***s?

Personally I would rather a new stadium that generates a lot more income, hopefully improving the team in the long run than a basic redevelopment at Pittodrie. 

I appreciate others have different views.

Edited by KingswellsRed

2 minutes ago, KingswellsRed said:

Personally I would rather a new stadium that generates a lot more income, hopefully improving the team in the long run than a basic redevelopment at Pittodrie. 

I appreciate others have different views.

Income generation................

Most of these new stadium projects in the pre planning  bumph talk about either Income Generation (bars, shops, facilities, restaurants etc) or Regeneration (look at the new stadia in London for examples) and mostly its bullshit and the reality is that the actual income is nowhere near the projections.

Anyway, if you cant redevelop on pittodrie, its a moot point

Typically in new development projects, these "can't do this", "can't do that" shouts are used just to railroad through projects before anyone can take a second chance to think things over.

Lots of schools down south were told they had to become academies, many meekly complied. Others stood their ground and, lo and behold, they didn't have to become academies.

Hearts were told by Robinson that they had to move to Murrayfield, but their fans saw right through it and hounded him. Lo and behold, they're still at Tynecastle.

Similarly, there have been flat out lies surrounding Kingsford. The one about having to play UEFA matches in the Central Belt if you stayed at Pittodrie, for example.

If Aberdeen stayed put at Pittodrie and built their training facilities out at Kingsford, absolutely nothing bad would happen to them.

Eventually, over time, they would work out a solution to redevelop Pittodrie. Pittodrie 'can't' be redeveloped because the powers that be don't want it to be.

53 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Typically in new development projects, these "can't do this", "can't do that" shouts are used just to railroad through projects before anyone can take a second chance to think things over.

Lots of schools down south were told they had to become academies, many meekly complied. Others stood their ground and, lo and behold, they didn't have to become academies.

Hearts were told by Robinson that they had to move to Murrayfield, but their fans saw right through it and hounded him. Lo and behold, they're still at Tynecastle.

Similarly, there have been flat out lies surrounding Kingsford. The one about having to play UEFA matches in the Central Belt if you stayed at Pittodrie, for example.

If Aberdeen stayed put at Pittodrie and built their training facilities out at Kingsford, absolutely nothing bad would happen to them.

Eventually, over time, they would work out a solution to redevelop Pittodrie. Pittodrie 'can't' be redeveloped because the powers that be don't want it to be.

This has been “done to death” The UEFA comment was made in desperation, just about everyone knows that it is rubbish.

Who will benefit most from the sale of Pittodrie? Just asking.

Edited by Aberdeen Cowden
Typo

21 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Fucking hell who knew P&B had so many experts on this. Impressive.

Not only experts on this, but also most of them are amazingly experts who have never, ever visited Kingsford, and barely know where it is.

23 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Not only experts on this, but also most of them are amazingly experts who have never, ever visited Kingsford, and barely know where it is.

Perhaps - but some of us do.

Its broadly half way between the housing estates at Westhill and the Oil offices at Kingswells. It has excellent car transport links via the new road, public transport more debatable.

You dont need to be a local to have (a) been there or (b) have an opinion.

There was a time that Hibs considered moving to Straiton and my opinion on that was exactly the same as I have on this development - even though pubs etc at Loanhead would have been a wee bit closer, it still would have been crap for home and away fans.

Tomorrow (if you are going) would be a good exercise in comparing the two. You could certainly drive to Straiton quicker from Aberdeen, but I guarantee that an exit from a stadium carpark, or retail park car park would be a mare.

You also have far, far more options for pre and post match bevvies or food at Easter Road.

The Dons project looks really good on paper, and I hope it is successful - however I still think that the options paper was written in a way that made Kinsgford the only "sensible" option.

What do you genius' suggest the protesters do?  Withdraw  support and money?  Most are aware the gig is up for Pittodrie, but that doesn't mean swallowing the bullshit and singing Praise the Lord. If you think the club reps don't read read social media your really do have you heads in the sand.  Lobby the club? Have you seen the snowjob whenever there is any suggestion of unrest? Oh oh we'll have to play games in Glasgow, , we'll have to reduce capacity to 300, there's no option but Kings Links/Loirston/Kingsford.

Being absolutely raging about the utter fucking shambles that has transpired over the last quarter century should be the default state of every Aberdeen fan.

It's actually far easier to follow the Great Leader and shout "remember Mark McGhee! Remember Steve Paterson".  Fox ache.

What do you genius' suggest the protesters do?  Withdraw  support and money?  Most are aware the gig is up for Pittodrie, but that doesn't mean swallowing the bullshit and singing Praise the Lord. If you think the club reps don't read read social media your really do have you heads in the sand.  Lobby the club? Have you seen the snowjob whenever there is any suggestion of unrest? Oh oh we'll have to play games in Glasgow, , we'll have to reduce capacity to 300, there's no option but Kings Links/Loirston/Kingsford.
Being absolutely raging about the utter fucking shambles that has transpired over the last quarter century should be the default state of every Aberdeen fan.
It's actually far easier to follow the Great Leader and shout "remember Mark McGhee! Remember Steve Paterson".  Fox ache.

Heads gone.