The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

11 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I see. I’m trying to remember that area as I spent a good few nights down at that driving range. Is it where the Burger King sits? If it’s still there that is, was 5 or 6 years back the last time I was there. 

Nah, Burger King is at the other side of the development.  Forgive the rough as feck image but this is it marked on an existing map.

IMG_20220529_171107.thumb.jpg.16fd7d9bf066ba75e598c488cbec7557.jpg

10 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Lol aye fair enough MM !!!!

The Beach proposal is far better for City Centre access,particularly for Aberdeen fans.

To be honest the Westhill proposal would probably suit away fans better,as its just of the AWPR. 

Looks like it's gonna be the beach now anyway,especially if the City Council is fully on board  🙂

They can still go there, particularly the Glasgow Derby lot.

3 hours ago, Afc69 said:

The mocked up picture shows the stadium in completely the wrong location. It’s going to be to the north of the beach ballroom, those photos show it to to the south of it, on Queen’s Links.

On the cricket field?

I was at Uni in Aberdeen and I have a lot of time for the Dons and Pittodrie so excuse the daft question but is redeveloping Pittodrie a total non starter? You already have one perfectly fine modern stand stand there in the RDS. Or is it a case of flog Pittodrie for housing and use the dough to fund the new stadium?

1 hour ago, AndyM said:

I was at Uni in Aberdeen and I have a lot of time for the Dons and Pittodrie so excuse the daft question but is redeveloping Pittodrie a total non starter? You already have one perfectly fine modern stand stand there in the RDS. Or is it a case of flog Pittodrie for housing and use the dough to fund the new stadium?

Official Party line is that there's no room to develop. Even if they wanted to make the four sides same as the RDS they couldn't etc...

My fear is the Beach one - or wherever the f**k they build, IF they ever build it - will also turn into one of these pre-fab hideous windy affairs with four blocks at each side. You need only look at Scandanavia to see some beautiful examples of well structured, fan friendly stadiums of 15 to 20K (and less, Molde in Norway, SJK in Finland etc) that look great and would create a terrific atmosphere. The Groningen one in Holland is a belter for example, although slightly bigger at about 23K I think.

When it comes to imagination with Scottish stadiums however, there seems to be a distinct lack.

1 hour ago, AndyM said:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but to redevelop you something like the equivalent space of the stand, behind it. 

22 minutes ago, Jimmain said:

Official Party line is that there's no room to develop. Even if they wanted to make the four sides same as the RDS they couldn't etc...

My fear is the Beach one - or wherever the f**k they build, IF they ever build it - will also turn into one of these pre-fab hideous windy affairs with four blocks at each side. You need only look at Scandanavia to see some beautiful examples of well structured, fan friendly stadiums of 15 to 20K (and less, Molde in Norway, SJK in Finland etc) that look great and would create a terrific atmosphere. The Groningen one in Holland is a belter for example, although slightly bigger at about 23K I think.

When it comes to imagination with Scottish stadiums however, there seems to be a distinct lack.

I looked up the Groningen one and my first impression was that it looks like an utterly hideous abomination

Then I realised that Aberdeen wouldn't order their one in green so it could actually be quite good.

For bigger grounds you really need to have tiered seating while it looks a bit silly for smaller grounds. For middle sized ones you've got the choice of a massive version of a small ground (Tynecastle) or a miniature version big ground (Easter Road)

The weirdest thing about Groeningen is that they have gone for main stand that probably holds about the same as the it's counterparts at Hearts and Hibs but split it over three tiers.

euroborg19-1100x825.jpg

but with Aberdeen's enthusiasm for corporate box culture this might be exactly what you need

16 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I looked up the Groningen one and my first impression was that it looks like an utterly hideous abomination

Then I realised that Aberdeen wouldn't order their one in green so it could actually be quite good.

For bigger grounds you really need to have tiered seating while it looks a bit silly for smaller grounds. For middle sized ones you've got the choice of a massive version of a small ground (Tynecastle) or a miniature version big ground (Easter Road)

The weirdest thing about Groeningen is that they have gone for main stand that probably holds about the same as the it's counterparts at Hearts and Hibs but split it over three tiers.

euroborg19-1100x825.jpg

but with Aberdeen's enthusiasm for corporate box culture this might be exactly what you need

Looks a bit like the Bombonera there....

19 hours ago, strichener said:

Nah, Burger King is at the other side of the development.  Forgive the rough as feck image but this is it marked on an existing map.

IMG_20220529_171107.thumb.jpg.16fd7d9bf066ba75e598c488cbec7557.jpg

Updated design which will see the Beach Ballroom roundabout fully utilised on match days

84CFD74E-7B4F-4E1A-ABCE-99F9188CE558.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I see they found some weirdo who thinks a new stadium would unleash the plague.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/9073995/aberdeen-football-stadium-pittodrie-plague-victims/

I do not understand why I seem to be the only person in the city who is worried about this. - Muriel Jaffrey

Perhaps Muriel, that's because Bubonic plague is completely treatable nowadays, and sensible precautions during excavation would prevent any issues in the first place.

29 minutes ago, Enrico Pallazzo said:

So you’re prepared to belief Professor Hugh Pennington rather than granny Muriel?  Shame on you.