The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

2 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Around £75m going by the article on the BBC website today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61169743

It's blue sky thinking like this that can kill a club the size of Aberdeen.

And when I read that, it makes me think that this new stadium will never be built.

I find it difficult to understand Cormack. He seems to want to run before he can walk. I suppose it's the spiv's way.

We're currently going through our worst season in a decade and our fate is yet to be known, and he's talking about building a stadium for £75 million when we'll be lucky to have 8,000 fans for each of the last three league matches.

In the article, he also seems to accept that this the most expensive and least attractive time to start a project like this but he wants to do it anyway...

41 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I haven't been keeping up with this since moving down the road.

Is Kingsford dead? Did the NIMBY's win? A bit shit having the training complex so far away from the stadium imo.

Is it? Why?

Not really sure why it's an issue. Hibs must have a bigger distance between theirs and I can't imagine it's caused them any significant problems.

Edited by Rodhull

37 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I haven't been keeping up with this since moving down the road.

Is Kingsford dead? Did the NIMBY's win? A bit shit having the training complex so far away from the stadium imo.

Is it? 

United have St Andrews - 14mi
Rangers have Auchinhowie - 8mi
Celtic have Lennoxtown - 14mi
Hibs have Ormiston - 13mi
Hearts have the Oriam - 5 mi

Aberdeen would be 8 miles away from Cormack Park, which would be about the average compared to almost every other club with a big training centre.

6 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Is it? Why?

Not really sure why it's an issue. Hibs must have a bigger distance between theirs and I can't imagine it's caused them any significant problems.

6 hours ago, Ray Patterson said:

Is it? 

United have St Andrews - 14mi
Rangers have Auchinhowie - 8mi
Celtic have Lennoxtown - 14mi
Hibs have Ormiston - 13mi
Hearts have the Oriam - 5 mi

Aberdeen would be 8 miles away from Cormack Park, which would be about the average compared to almost every other club with a big training centre.

But was the whole plan not based around them all being part of the same complex? Like so...

59968c9f735c6.thumb.jpg.819c5dfa3688b45c203589877f9115bc.jpg

Is it? Why?

They're in the bottom six - that's a significant problem!

Is it? Why?

I dont think it makes a blind bit of difference, in fact it is probably a plus to have training / rehab etc remote from prying eyes etc.

The costs of land in towns is such that its almost unfeasible to have enough space for several training pitches, indoor facilities and your stadium right next to each other.

To have that sort of facility might cost you another £20m on top of the (is it really????) £75m I heard quoted this morning for the new stadium.

I don't think there's any chance the stadium gets built at that sort of price unless there is significant outside investment found.

Amazing how people can be so sure it's dull and identikit from the few images released so far, especially as how the design has changed multiple times. Almost as if they're just talking out their arse.

Only people who believe any old shite their club tells them would think there's any significant advantage to having the training facilities next to the ground.  See also - "we'll be playing European matches at Tannadice by 2022 because of [some unspecified and unproven reason that doesn't exist]".

f**k Kingsford.  

Only people who believe any old shite their club tells them would think there's any significant advantage to having the training facilities next to the ground.  See also - "we'll be playing European matches at Tannadice by 2022 because of [some unspecified and unproven reason that doesn't exist]".
f**k Kingsford.  

I think we can safely say that won’t be happening.