The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

1 hour ago, fatshaft said:

That I'm afraid is complete and utter bollocks. it was reduced (once again) by the mad nutter of Sheddocksley - Steve Delaney - a lycra warrior who would have us all on bikes given a chance. I wrote to every single city councillor on 20th Feb 2015 about the change. Delenay replied:

Steve Delaney <SDelaney@aberdeencity.gov.uk>
To: fatshaft@yahoo.com

20 Feb 2015 at 21:07

Good Evening,

The Road Traffic Order giving effect to this speed reduction was agreed unanimously by the Communities, Housing & Infrastructure Committee on 4th September 2014. It’s fair to say I’ve been campaigning for a reduction to 40mph from the Sheddocksley roundabout to what was the Westhill roundabout for the past three years. This was supported by the vast majority of my constituents from a road safety point of view. The most recent proposal (which only affects the section from the Kingswells roundabout to Westhill) went through due process, having been out to public consultation twice and back to committee twice. 

I fully accept you take a different view on the speed reduction on this route and respect your opinion, whilst disagreeing with it. The Road Traffic Order has already been passed and is now in force.

Regards
Steve Delaney
--------------------------------------------------------
Councillor Steve Delaney
Ward 3, Kingswells/Sheddocksley/Summerhill
Town House
Aberdeen AB10 1FY
01224 694469 Home
01224 346614 Office
@Cllr Delaney

Different story again.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/uncategorized/another-section-of-a-busy-commuter-road-to-have-speed-limit-cut-from-50mph/

• 4 months later...

Milne and Cormack have said that the stadium wont be in place until "maybe" 2023.

The problem is the current valuation of Pittodrie and the impact that has on funding the new £50m stadium.

So, its not really happening until / unless the housing market takes an upturn....................

9 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Milne and Cormack have said that the stadium wont be in place until "maybe" 2023.

The problem is the current valuation of Pittodrie and the impact that has on funding the new £50m stadium.

So, its not really happening until / unless the housing market takes an upturn....................

Given the general predictions of a World recession in 2020......the stadium Mike be a while off yet!

Interesting angle. The area around the Pittodrie is okay but not prime, and property prices in Aberdeen have decreased quite a lot in the last four years or so.

55 minutes ago, resk said:
21 hours ago, Green Day said:

Interesting angle. The area around the Pittodrie is okay but not prime, and property prices in Aberdeen have decreased quite a lot in the last four years or so.

It’s been earmarked for housing by the planning, but how likely is the housing market to increase enough in the near future to get a better value for the land? 

Is this new stadium ever going to materialise?

I’m not sure it is.

2 hours ago, big al said:

It’s been earmarked for housing by the planning, but how likely is the housing market to increase enough in the near future to get a better value for the land? 

Is this new stadium ever going to materialise?

I’m not sure it is

A hoorin amount of effort to go through to get training facilities organised if there was no intention of building it.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

A hoorin amount of effort to go through to get training facilities organised if there was no intention of building it.

I dont understand that? McInnes and pretty much everyone concerned with AFC has said that having proper training facilities is really important to the club. That the training centre isnt right next to the stadium isnt an issue really.

Probably the biggest issue was flagged up by Richard Gordon yesterday - if Aberdeen keep delaying this, that £50m  pricetag is only going to go up - lets say theres a scenario where Brexit adds 10% due to devaluation in sterling, theres another £5m !

15 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I dont understand that? McInnes and pretty much everyone concerned with AFC has said that having proper training facilities is really important to the club. That the training centre isnt right next to the stadium isnt an issue really.

That’s not the point he was making though. They could have pushed through plans for a training complex pretty easily and with minimal costs. They wouldn’t have gone to the time and vast sums of money to get plans with a stadium approved if they weren’t serious.  

2 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

That’s not the point he was making though. They could have pushed through plans for a training complex pretty easily and with minimal costs. They wouldn’t have gone to the time and vast sums of money to get plans with a stadium approved if they weren’t serious.  

I didnt say they were not serious - rather I was thinking that a plan for new stadium stadium finance predicated largely on the property value of the existing stadium is a bit of a stretch as business plans go.

I like the location of Pittodrie, maybe they can just save money and give us all a lovely woolen blanket?

Probably the biggest issue was flagged up by Richard Gordon yesterday - if Aberdeen keep delaying this, that £50m  pricetag is only going to go up - lets say theres a scenario where Brexit adds 10% due to devaluation in sterling, theres another £5m !

As well as the issue of depreciating property values meaning they are unlikely to realise anywhere near the dosh they were counting on getting for the land they own at Pittodrie.

Just redevelop the old place - if it’s 18k fine - may encourage a few more ST sales due to FOMO

Aye it probably won’t happen 

Probably a win-win

- fucked over those no kingsford c***s

- Training Ground built, paid for and fully operational 

- no mortgage or debt 

- Pittodrie lives 

- opposition fans cease telling us the new stadium is near Kingussie 

Was looking forward to the stadium bar though....

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

As well as the issue of depreciating property values meaning they are unlikely to realise anywhere near the dosh they were counting on getting for the land they own at Pittodrie.

Just redevelop the old place - if it’s 18k fine - may encourage a few more ST sales due to FOMO

I don’t know what FOMO means but I’m pretty sure I agree with this.