The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

Your second sentence is the pertinent question. Nobody is really sure if it would really have been more viable to re-develop Pittodrie rather than build a new ground. 
As to the last part, nobody really gives a flying f**k about the away fans. They're the very least of our concerns.

Completely agree about the away fans but worth bearing in mind there’s a lot of our support travel from outside Aberdeen, the central belt etc - so certainly worth the club taking concerns specific to them into account also.

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, anotherchance said:

Completely agree about the away fans but worth bearing in mind there’s a lot of our support travel from outside Aberdeen, the central belt etc - so certainly worth the club taking concerns specific to them into account also.

Absolutely, and I'm sure they will.

At the moment though, it's a feckin nightmare from Dons fans from outside the city to get away from Pittodrie. I can't imagine that getting to the ring-road from the new stadium could possibly be worse. 

36 minutes ago, Green Day said:

This much has been obvious, even to the occasional visitor such as myself.

As I said upthread, if the new stadium is genuinely the only viable option in the Aberdeen area, then thats fine.

I still think that transport is the biggest issue, especially when you have a few thousand of the ugly sisters arriving, but if you can square that circle, then it could work.

Hopefully they will be restricted to 1000 tickets at most. We are not the Edinburgh clubs:)

But for the love of f**k, please everybody stop trying to suggest the redevelopment of Pittodrie is in any way viable with the back of the fag packet “aye but Hearts did it” shite. It’s nae viable, however much anyone may hate Milne.

In that case

Aye but Hibs did it

1 hour ago, KingswellsRed said:

Hopefully they will be restricted to 1000 tickets at most. We are not the Edinburgh clubs:)

Cool.

And if you meet then in the Scottish Cup?

4000 tickets - whether you are from Edinburgh or Aberdeen.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Your second sentence is the pertinent question. Nobody is really sure if it would really have been more viable to re-develop Pittodrie rather than build a new ground. 

As to the last part, nobody really gives a flying f**k about the away fans. They're the very least of our concerns.

1 hour ago, anotherchance said:

I will bet you a tenner that your board "gives a flying f**k about away fans" as the fan numbers factored in your new stadium financial plans are not all home fans.

And - while you may not give a f**k about away fans - as I said in my response to @KingswellsRed above, if you draw someone in the cup you are obliged to offer 20% of the stadium, which will have been factored in for segregation etc.

Not to consider sensibly how to transport 15-20000 people, and to only allow for 1350 parking spots seems a bit..............pish ?

But, hey what would I know, my club already has a Euro compliant, 21000 capacity stadium which is very easy to access and leave, and owns its own multi pitch training facility which will also shortly have another full sized indoor astro pitch. 

8 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I will bet you a tenner that your board "gives a flying f**k about away fans" as the fan numbers factored in your new stadium financial plans are not all home fans.

And - while you may not give a f**k about away fans - as I said in my response to @KingswellsRed above, if you draw someone in the cup you are obliged to offer 20% of the stadium, which will have been factored in for segregation etc.

Not to consider sensibly how to transport 15-20000 people, and to only allow for 1350 parking spots seems a bit..............pish ?

But, hey what would I know, my club already has a Euro compliant, 21000 capacity stadium which is very easy to access and leave, and owns its own multi pitch training facility which will also shortly have another full sized indoor astro pitch. 

Think our board are aiming a lot higher than making a few thousand here and there off away fans:P

Guest Bob Mahelp
14 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Lol.

Outside the bigot brothers, no other club ever brings more than a few hundred fans to a game in Aberdeen. 

Your own, UEFA compliant, 21000 capacity club, with its fabulous logistics, being one of the biggest and obvious pathetic supports out there.

But you know that, don't you ? 

Any reasoning that our club makes, will no doubt take into account the fact that away supports come in dribs and drabs and deserve no more than a m inutes consideration. 

Hibs. Training facilities. The same training facilities you had when you were relegated.

Lol. Lol. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

Lol.
Outside the bigot brothers, no other club ever brings more than a few hundred fans to a game in Aberdeen. 
Your own, UEFA compliant, 21000 capacity club, with its fabulous logistics, being one of the biggest and obvious pathetic supports out there.
But you know that, don't you ? 
Any reasoning that our club makes, will no doubt take into account the fact that away supports come in dribs and drabs and deserve no more than a m inutes consideration. 
Hibs. Training facilities. The same training facilities you had when you were relegated.
Lol. Lol. 
Ever? Hibs 2nd last game at Pittodrie was sold out. The one this season was on a Friday night and there was a reasonable away support at that too iirc.

Yes Hibs invested in training facilities and the stadium. But that's now paid for. You do get Aberdeen still have that expenditure to come?

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Ever? Hibs 2nd last game at Pittodrie was sold out. The one this season was on a Friday night and there was a reasonable away support at that too iirc.

Yes Hibs invested in training facilities and the stadium. But that's now paid for. You do get Aberdeen still have that expenditure to come?

Lol.

The exception that proves the rule. Hibs support at Pittodrie for years now has been utterly pathetic. If you think that Aberdeen are actually going to spend a lot of time working out how the likes of Hibs, Hamilton or Motherwell away supports can get in or out of the new stadium, think again. 

Well done with your training facilities. It only took you 3 years with these fabulous facilities to get out of the lower leagues. 

Lol.

Lol.
Outside the bigot brothers, no other club ever brings more than a few hundred fans to a game in Aberdeen

Steady on. Hearts, Hibs and Burnley have each taken over 1000 this season. Adonis posted the exact numbers a few pages back. Hibs normally take a good support to Pittodrie - pretty sure they filled the away end for the GMS hat trick game last season where they were all wearing them green Santa hats. We also pumped United out of the cup last season in a late Sunday afternoon kick off and they had a big support there, quite possibly four figures too.

It's correct that we get a lower away crowd than most and I guess this is down to simple geography. But the notion that the away crowds are so negligible that they can be completely ignored is just fkin bizarre.

Guest Bob Mahelp
9 minutes ago, resk said:

Steady on. Hearts, Hibs and Burnley have each taken over 1000 this season. Adonis posted the exact numbers a few pages back. Hibs normally take a good support to Pittodrie - pretty sure they filled the away end for the GMS hat trick game last season where they were all wearing them green Santa hats. We also pumped United out of the cup last season in a late Sunday afternoon kick off and they had a big support there, quite possibly four figures too.

It's correct that we get a lower away crowd than most and I guess this is down to simple geography. But the notion that the away crowds are so negligible that they can be completely ignored is just fkin bizarre.

The game you mentioned was Hibs' biggest support at Pittodrie in over 30 years. The season when they were relegated, they took fewer fans to Aberdeen than Dumbarton and that was probably far more representative of their normal support than that of last season in a game just before Xmas.

There's no point in picking out specifics...in general, away supports at Pittodrie (outside the OF) are poor. Of course, we have to take them into consideration, but not to any huge extent. 

6 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The season when they were relegated, they took fewer fans to Aberdeen than Dumbarton and that was probably far more representative of their normal support than that of last season in a game just before Xmas.

The absolute state of this.  5ce0773b5a57b_heckythispost.png.01f47061b8a690953f681f4e74ec4ec6.png

It was a Friday night game in the middle of January, we took a decent enough crowd all things considered. No idea if this photo was taken before or during the game:

BdpKw_BIQAEK2Kv.jpg.eb157d6f818ee2eea72a0b474a68e9fa.jpg

Anyway, since we've come back up, we've had three visits to Pittodrie:

Saturday 12:15pm a week before Christmas - 1217 fans

Saturday 3pm in May - 2012 fans (sold out allocation)

Friday 7:45pm in November - 1015 fans

Essentially, a large part of why Aberdeen take more fans to Easter Road than Pittodrie is because we're important enough to have a rival. The TV cameras therefore use up our 6 game quota on 2x Hearts, 2x Celtic and 2x Rangers. This means Hibs vs Aberdeen is always a Saturday 3pm, the optimal time for away supporters.

Since Aberdeen have the square root of f**k all rivals (although I hear Cove Rangers may be interested), you have two free Pittodrie TV games. These invariably are one vs Hibs and one vs Hearts, and usually fall on Friday nights. This completely hampers away attendances, as the last Edinburgh train leaves Aberdeen at 21:38.

I'd just like to point out at this stage that we brought 1200 up for the last game of the season to qualify for Europe 3 or 4 years ago.
So don't discount the Perthshire pound when you're doing your sums for the new stadium.

IMG_3794.jpg

1200 shaggers mate. What a day it was.

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Looks like bobs work is done here

If by work you mean wanking himself into oblivion then making up pish that we all know is pish.......then, yep.