The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

16 hours ago, resk said:

Right, but there's no real reason to exclude Celtic and Rangers supports from your list, unless they're going to be banned from the new ground (which I would be fully on board with, for the bantz). They travel in buses / trains / cars and spend money and need policed and parking spaces and the like. Two visits in the league from each plus a cup game against Rangers, then we also had a big support up from Burnley. I reckon the away section (1800 seats?) was full for all six of these games. That brings the real average away crowd this season up a fair bit.

Hi Resk

The reason I left Whore and BrandRangers FCs mutants fans off the list, is because I'm confident, they'll fill their allocations irrespective of where the ground is.  This was aimed at those moany knvts that seemed to suggest that Aberdeen would suffer a drop in 'away' fans because of the new location.  I was just pointing out that few of those fvkkers turn up as it is.  

12 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

Hi Resk

The reason I left Whore and BrandRangers FCs mutants fans off the list, is because I'm confident, they'll fill their allocations irrespective of where the ground is.  This was aimed at those moany knvts that seemed to suggest that Aberdeen would suffer a drop in 'away' fans because of the new location.  I was just pointing out that few of those fvkkers turn up as it is.  

Who posted that?

Happy Clapper default response

Nah it really was a headsgone.

I have several doubts about kingsford and your point about the running of pittodrie into the ground being a disgrace is absolutely true.

But your post is default polarised debate response. And a heads gone .

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I have several doubts about kingsford and your point about the running of pittodrie into the ground being a disgrace is absolutely true.

polarised debate response?

Whatever.

It's spot on, is what it is.  If slightly exaggerated.

When Milne tells the Happy Clappers the Mothership has arrived,, we have warn them, DON'T DRINK THE PUNCH!

(exaggeration again in case you wondered)

polarised debate response?
Whatever.
It's spot on, is what it is.  If slightly exaggerated.
When Milne tells the Happy Clappers the Mothership has arrived,, we have warn them, DON'T DRINK THE PUNCH!
(exaggeration again in case you wondered)

I have met literally no one who’s first choice is kingsford or who wouldn’t rather redevelop pittodrie or who think ‘the mothership has arrived’.

Kingsford could be very good or it could be utter shite. A lot of that comes down to what happens between now and then and the fans engaging in the process.

If the whole Aberdeen support makes up their mind now that it’ll be shite and a disaster then they will be right.

It’s the easiest thing in the world to be a negative c**t and then say I told you so when something fails. Aberdeen is full of c***s like that.

18 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

In what way has Pittodrie been run in to the ground ?

I see only a relatively small part of it from the Merkland Road turnstiles to my seat in section W of the South Stand. Can’t say I’ve noticed any obvious signs of the stadium falling apart , as Ed the Duck put it. 

To me , the exaggeration of points like that tend to detract from any legitimate points that are raised

In what way has Pittodrie been run in to the ground ?
I see only a relatively small part of it from the Merkland Road turnstiles to my seat in section W of the South Stand. Can’t say I’ve noticed any obvious signs of the stadium falling apart , as Ed the Duck put it. 
To me , the exaggeration of points like that tend to detract from any legitimate points that are raised

Pittodrie has gone through a ‘managed decline’ for many years. Not sure that’s even up for debate.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I have met literally no one who’s first choice is kingsford or who wouldn’t rather redevelop pittodrie or who think ‘the mothership has arrived’.

Kingsford could be very good or it could be utter shite. A lot of that comes down to what happens between now and then and the fans engaging in the process.

If the whole Aberdeen support makes up their mind now that it’ll be shite and a disaster then they will be right.

It’s the easiest thing in the world to be a negative c**t and then say I told you so when something fails. Aberdeen is full of c***s like that.

You're mixing with the wrong Aberdonians.

My ire is directed at the criminal neglect of Pittodrie over the last quarter century and the fact this has dovetailed into the necessity to move to the back of beyond. IF that neglect had been because we were spending money on the team and winning cups by financial doping I would probably be less inclined to heads gone (sic) about what the board have done over the last 25 years. But they couldn't even do that. They ran up horrendous losses, year after year to finish tenth out of ten for f**k sake.

Kingsford is a lifeboat. It is the accumulation of terrible decision making, awful appointments and desperate papering over the cracks. If Aberdeen fans are a little cynical about the honesty of what is now being said I can't really say I blame them

You're mixing with the wrong Aberdonians.
My ire is directed at the criminal neglect of Pittodrie over the last quarter century and the fact this has dovetailed into the necessity to move to the back of beyond. IF that neglect had been because we were spending money on the team and winning cups by financial doping I would probably be less inclined to heads gone (sic) about what the board have done over the last 25 years. But they couldn't even do that. They ran up horrendous losses, year after year to finish tenth out of ten for f**k sake.
Kingsford is a lifeboat. It is the accumulation of terrible decision making, awful appointments and desperate papering over the cracks. If Aberdeen fans are a little cynical about the honesty of what is now being said I can't really say I blame them

I agree with everything you say, particularly the first half of the post. But the fact is it’s done and there’s f**k all we can do about it now.

You don’t need to tell me that the management of the club pre McInnes was utterly abject.

34 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Pittodrie has gone through a ‘managed decline’ for many years. Not sure that’s even up for debate.

It’s certainly up for debate as far as I’m concerned.

Any specific examples of the so-called managed decline ?

It’s certainly up for debate as far as I’m concerned.
Any specific examples of the so-called managed decline ?

Buildings decline naturally over time if you don’t maintain or improve them. So no, I don’t have specific examples of a gradual deterioration. Maybe you could provide specific examples of any improvements made to pittodrie recently?

Buildings decline naturally over time if you don’t maintain or improve them. So no, I don’t have specific examples of a gradual deterioration. Maybe you could provide specific examples of any improvements made to pittodrie recently?
Every few months the club kindly replaces a few randomly selected old seats in the away section with some new red ones.

35 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I agree with everything you say, particularly the first half of the post. But the fact is it’s done and there’s f**k all we can do about it now.

You could band together, drive Milne out of the club and stay put at your spiritual home, and absolutely nothing bad would happen to Aberdeen Football Club.

That would be doing something.

If people having genuine concerns about the stadium then fine - lobby the club and get them addressing them. There’s enough people vocal enough on social media alone for the club to take notice and really, even the “happy clappers” will want clarity on at least some aspects.

But for the love of f**k, please everybody stop trying to suggest the redevelopment of Pittodrie is in any way viable with the back of the fag packet “aye but Hearts did it” shite. It’s nae viable, however much anyone may hate Milne.

36 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

No , I’m not aware of any significant improvements  (apart maybe from the works which have been carried out at the turnstiles and the addition of a new hatch for ticket collection at Merkland Road). But lack of improvements is not the same as lack of maintenance. And as far as I can see there aren’t any obvious signs of the fabric of the stadium suffering from lack of maintenance (eg no crumbling masonry, or parts of any roof falling off) .

Surely  if the stadium has been run in to the ground , or it’s falling apart to the extent that it’s not even up for debate , you can give several examples of the managed decline. 

Edited by A96

No , I’m not aware of any significant improvements  (apart maybe from the works which have been carried out at the turnstiles and the addition of a new hatch for ticket collection at Merkland Road). But lack of improvements is not the same as lack of maintenance. And as far as I can see there aren’t any obvious signs of the fabric of the stadium suffering from lack of maintenance (eg no crumbling masonry, or parts of any roof falling off) .
Surely  if the stadium has been run in to the ground , or it’s falling apart to the extent that it’s not even up for debate , you can give several examples of the managed decline. 

‘Managed’ decline is keeping the stadium in working order while it naturally deteriorates.

If there was crumbling masonry and bits of the roof falling off it would be a risk to life and shut down pretty quickly.

I’m not sure what specific examples you’re looking for, photos of Milne secretly wandering through pittodrie with a sledgehammer taking wee digs at the walls?

Absolutely nothing has been done to improve pittodrie other than the bare minimum maintenance to keep it passable as a safe stadium.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

‘Managed’ decline is keeping the stadium in working order while it naturally deteriorates.

If there was crumbling masonry and bits of the roof falling off it would be a risk to life and shut down pretty quickly.

I’m not sure what specific examples you’re looking for, photos of Milne secretly wandering through pittodrie with a sledgehammer taking wee digs at the walls?

Absolutely nothing has been done to improve pittodrie other than the bare minimum maintenance to keep it passable as a safe stadium.

This much has been obvious, even to the occasional visitor such as myself.

As I said upthread, if the new stadium is genuinely the only viable option in the Aberdeen area, then thats fine.

I still think that transport is the biggest issue, especially when you have a few thousand of the ugly sisters arriving, but if you can square that circle, then it could work.

Guest Bob Mahelp
12 minutes ago, Green Day said:

This much has been obvious, even to the occasional visitor such as myself.

As I said upthread, if the new stadium is genuinely the only viable option in the Aberdeen area, then thats fine.

I still think that transport is the biggest issue, especially when you have a few thousand of the ugly sisters arriving, but if you can square that circle, then it could work.

Your second sentence is the pertinent question. Nobody is really sure if it would really have been more viable to re-develop Pittodrie rather than build a new ground. 

As to the last part, nobody really gives a flying f**k about the away fans. They're the very least of our concerns.