The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

Although Dundee lost 40,000 residents l.
Dundee Law last erupted around 415 years ago which spoiled [mention=22765]Granny Danger[/mention]'s 12th birthday party

Dundee Law erupted in the 1600s? Where did you read that because that sounds like baloney to me.

4 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Dundee Law erupted in the 1600s? Where did you read that because that sounds like baloney to me.

Hes just off by tens of millions of years tbf.

Hes wrong about Dundee Law too.

One plus point for Kingsford:

At least we'll never have to listen to Aberdeen fans moaning about having to leave home at 6am for games at Hampden again as they'll be used to it for home matches........

Just a wee thought, could the private coaches that drive Aberdeens pretty decent away support not be utilised to provide a shuttle service on home weekends alongside the public transport options? Would seem to be win win for all concerned.
I think a lot of pubs, both in the city and in the suburbs will be looking to run their own shuttle buses. Pick up/drop off from the pub, guaranteed custom for the pub and a guaranteed hurl out to the fitba for the fan. Means you can get your few pints as well.

5 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:
On 12/04/2019 at 10:48, Moomintroll said:
Just a wee thought, could the private coaches that drive Aberdeens pretty decent away support not be utilised to provide a shuttle service on home weekends alongside the public transport options? Would seem to be win win for all concerned.

I think a lot of pubs, both in the city and in the suburbs will be looking to run their own shuttle buses. Pick up/drop off from the pub, guaranteed custom for the pub and a guaranteed hurl out to the fitba for the fan. Means you can get your few pints as well.

Do you have any idea what it costs to hire a bus?

Do you have any idea what it costs to hire a bus?

Spiders Web run one from Dyce into Pittodrie each week, would need to ask them. Usually pay around £20-£25 a head for hampden and on Sunday that was an 8am pick up, can't imagine for a 2pm pick up and 5.00pm pick up, meaning the coach could be utilised elsewhere during the day it would be too much. Pubs may be willing to subsidise cost for their customers if they are guaranteed trade before and after the match.

Guest Moomintroll
Yeah, was a supporters club bus convenor for many years. The companies who have these buses would be happy to utilise their fleet when the club is at home rather than have them sitting idle. Staffing & Fuel costs would be relatively low in comparison to an away game, 2/3 shuttle runs back & forth for the price of a pint would comfortably turn a profit.

1 hour ago, 10menwent2mow said:
On 4/12/2019 at 10:48, Moomintroll said:

Plenty busses run from pubs in Glasgow to OF home games every week. Including the Star and Garter 400 yards from Firhill. c***s.

3 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Spiders Web run one from Dyce into Pittodrie each week, would need to ask them. Usually pay around £20-£25 a head for hampden and on Sunday that was an 8am pick up, can't imagine for a 2pm pick up and 5.00pm pick up, meaning the coach could be utilised elsewhere during the day it would be too much. Pubs may be willing to subsidise cost for their customers if they are guaranteed trade before and after the match.

Colin Cameron (different one) runs a bus from the Mesada picking up at the Kirkgate before heading to Pittodrie. I’d imagine this would continue but in reverse.

3 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Colin Cameron (different one) runs a bus from the Mesada picking up at the Kirkgate before heading to Pittodrie. I’d imagine this would continue but in reverse.

In reverse ? 

Unnecessarily risky and the driver’ll get an affa sair neck.

Spider’s bus I think is £6 return per head. I imagine this will continue

I get to see the new set up grow on a weekly basis as I drive past it mon-fri  on my way to work at Westhill from my digs in Garthdee.

Long overdue for a Club of Aberdeens size. Will be a help in recruiting players, same as the Buddies........ :whistle