The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

Been to plenty games in Germany where stadiums are in industrial estates in the outskirts yet fans get busses to games from outside the train station. It works very well and makes a great atmosphere in the town centre in the lead up to games so no reason why it can't be replicated here.

I'd like to put a bet on Aberdeen's average attendances increasing significantly following the stadium move and calls for an increase in the stadium capacity will start within a few years of the stadium opening. 

Edited by ForzaDundee

5 minutes ago, ForzaDundee said:

Been to plenty games in Germany where stadiums are in industrial estates in the outskirts yet fans get busses to games from out outside the train station. It works very well and makes a great atmosphere in the town centre in the lead up to games so no reason why it can't be replicated here.

I'd like to put a bet on Aberdeen's average attendances increasing significantly following the stadium move and calls for an increase in the stadium capacity will start within a few years of the stadium opening. 

Shut the fvk up min!  Neen o' this positivity allowed in Eberdeen!  Athings fvkking horrible and it's some kvnts fault.  Nithin good ivver happens, it's ah' shyte!

Yours

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep

10 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Yet the Hibee who posted on this previously stated that 28% go by 'walking' or other. There will be city centre shuttle buses and buses from supporter bars to take them from the city centre  to the stadium.

The middle part of your post is conjecture at best. Now suddenly drunk folk will be replaced by stone cold middle class folk. Based on what?

The only part of your boast that has any point based close to reality is the last two paragraphs.

Should I take his word as Gospel? Buses out to Kingsford on match days will be horrendous. A minimum of 30 minutes - I drive from Westhill to the City Centre and back fairly regularly and it is a shite drive in a car in the middle of the day, mid-week. In a bus, with Saturday traffic, full of beer, it's going to be, literally, a piss awful. Pub goers better bring a bucket.

I didn't say stone cold middle class folk, I said stone cold sober middle class. And tongue in cheek is just something that happens to other people I guess...having said that I confidently predict quite a number of pub crawlers will pick and choose their games more than they do at the moment because going out there will be such a pain in the arse. I do, however, think quite a few of the surrounding 'suburbanites' may well be tempted (at least for a while) because the new stadium will be a talking point and a point of interest, at least initially.

Boast? What boast?

21 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

Should I take his word as Gospel? Buses out to Kingsford on match days will be horrendous. A minimum of 30 minutes - I drive from Westhill to the City Centre and back fairly regularly and it is a shite drive in a car in the middle of the day, mid-week. In a bus, with Saturday traffic, full of beer, it's going to be, literally, a piss awful. Pub goers better bring a bucket.

I didn't say stone cold middle class folk, I said stone cold sober middle class. And tongue in cheek is just something that happens to other people I guess...having said that I confidently predict quite a number of pub crawlers will pick and choose their games more than they do at the moment because going out there will be such a pain in the arse. I do, however, think quite a few of the surrounding 'suburbanites' may well be tempted (at least for a while) because the new stadium will be a talking point and a point of interest, at least initially.

Boast? What boast?

Boast, no idea why I typed that. Was supposed to be post!

So you're playing a guessing game and pretty much passing it off as fact.

Saturday traffic in the city centre will be lessened so you'll be fine :thumsup2

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Boast, no idea why I typed that. Was supposed to be post!

So you're playing a guessing game and pretty much passing it off as fact.

Saturday traffic in the city centre will be lessened so you'll be fine :thumsup2

My opinion is based on colleagues, neighbours and pubbers, regular Pittodrie attenders. They are predominantly very much not keen on the move. There is certainly a bit of wait-and-see but...y'know. Laziness is a fucker. There's also definitely a bit of 'change is bad because it's change'. We'll see, but if we hit the skids again I have the fear...

All those buses...hunners o' buses, all stopping to let folk hae a pish at Hazlehead and Dobbies...carnage!

7 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

My opinion is based on colleagues, neighbours and pubbers, regular Pittodrie attenders. They are predominantly very much not keen on the move. There is certainly a bit of wait-and-see but...y'know. Laziness is a fucker. There's also definitely a bit of 'change is bad because it's change'. We'll see, but if we hit the skids again I have the fear...

All those buses...hunners o' buses, all stopping to let folk hae a pish at Hazlehead and Dobbies...carnage!

Can't fault this post at all. IF we're doing well and folk fancy it then they'll make sure they get to the game. If we're doing shite they'll find any excuse not to go.

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Can't fault this post at all. IF we're doing well and folk fancy it then they'll make sure they get to the game. If we're doing shite they'll find any excuse not to go.

'Find an excuse' :lol:

If folk don't want to go they won't go. They don't need an 'excuse' given it's not mandatory.  You better hope the Aberdeen board don't think like that.

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

'Find an excuse' :lol:

If folk don't want to go they won't go. They don't need an 'excuse' given it's not mandatory.  You better hope the Aberdeen board don't think like that.

If I ask my pals if they don't fancy it I will never get a "just not going".

7 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Also in the event of redeveloping Pitoddrie, they could have played shit load of away games like Hearts have done.

Hearts were only doing one stand. Couldn't see the league allowing Aberdeen to do that multiple seasons to cover pretty much a full stadium.

5 hours ago, EdTheDuck said:

A substantial percentage of fans who attend Pittodrie from both the City and ‘shire do not: drive to the game, watch the game, drive home from the game. Shaving 10 minutes off the commute is neither here nor there.

They go for food. They go for beer. Before and after the game. Sometimes they will go for food and beer to avoid the “gridlock”; they wait it out over a few beers.

Whatever is being said about the sprinkling of pubs (and I use the word in its broadest sense) in Westhill & Kingswells they will not be anywhere near adequate. In fact I imagine quite a few of them will positively deter ‘football types’ from crossing their threshold.

Furthermore, if you think the atmosphere at Pittodrie is shite at the moment just wait until the drunks are replaced by the stone cold sober middle class ‘shire set and hillbillies (who’ll come along to see what the “shiny bright lights” are all about).

I find the suggestion that a move to Pittodrie would bring in more complaints than this redeployment to the boondocks almost Twilight Zoney. If it was a move to Pittodrie it would be from Torry or Cattofield, wouldn’t it? Would that really be a bad thing (other than for the residents of Linksfield I suppose)? It wouldn’t be a move from Kingsford to Pittodrie, that is too ridiculous to even contemplate (until roughly 2030AD).

The almost criminal neglect of Pittodrie has made this necessary. If in 1993, after the monstrosity that is the RDS was completed, the board-room incumbents had turned their attention to the rest of the ground (instead of pissing money away “because everyone else was doing it” and running up astounding losses and debt), by now the Dung Heap would be fit for purpose and this discussion wouldn’t be happening.

Incidentally, if AFC had resisted the Loadsamoney shite in the 90s & 2000s and spent money on the stadium instead of fake footballers how much worse could it have been on the field: flirting with relegation, horrendous regular humiliations and the longest trophy barren spell in the post-war period?

The board have an affy lot to answer for.

Superb post. 

No way should Milne be trusted with this project. 

Aberdeen F. C should be based in the city it calls home nae out in the sticks. 

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Why not? It'd be completely understandable

Is it? Seems like it would be viewed as taking the piss to me. Maybe someone has but I can't think of any other team that has developed a ground over 4 seasons and had the league organise it's fixtures around it every year. We don't even have a Murrayfield equivalent nearby to use so where would we play? Dundee? Inverness?

Edited by Rodhull

Is it? Seems like it would be viewed as taking the piss to me. Maybe someone has but I can't think of any other team that has developed a ground over 4 seasons and had the league organise it's fixtures around it every year. We don't even have a Murrayfield equivalent nearby to use so where would we play? Dundee? Inverness?

Hearts had too many season ticket holders to realistically fit into the remaining three stands. In previous seasons they just bit the bullet and reduced the capacity

More recently the last derby of 2019-10 was watched by less than 12,000 as Hibs had already demolished the Old East stand

For Aberdeen it’s only when the south stand is out of commission that you’ve got a serious issue and even then you’ve probably got enough seats for fixtures against smaller clubs

7 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Hearts had too many season ticket holders to realistically fit into the remaining three stands. In previous seasons they just bit the bullet and reduced the capacity

More recently the last derby of 2019-10 was watched by less than 12,000 as Hibs had already demolished the Old East stand

For Aberdeen it’s only when the south stand is out of commission that you’ve got a serious issue and even then you’ve probably got enough seats for fixtures against smaller clubs

I’d think when the main stand were to be removed that would be more of an issue, especially with the facilities within it.

19 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

I’d think when the main stand were to be removed that would be more of an issue, especially with the facilities within it.

If there had been a genuine will or inclination for Pittodrie to be redeveloped these obstacles would have been overcome. 

Never even been attempted by the club. 

Edited by jessmagic

16 hours ago, ForzaDundee said:

Been to plenty games in Germany where stadiums are in industrial estates in the outskirts yet fans get busses to games from outside the train station. It works very well and makes a great atmosphere in the town centre in the lead up to games so no reason why it can't be replicated here.

The difference is Scottish folk like to moan, while Germans just get on with it.