The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

18 hours ago, coprolite said:

That's what stadium bars do. 

I don't imagine wiggy and sodhexo (if it is still them) will be selling real ales and a wide range of single malts at a knock down price. Wiggy will auction the rights and the catering arm of a hedge fund will minimise costs and maximise income. 

But it will fund the Dons. 

Have you been to any stadium bars in Scotland? I found the London Road Tavern at Celtic Park to have an excellent array of alcoholic beverages.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Have you been to any stadium bars in Scotland? I found the London Road Tavern at Celtic Park to have an excellent array of alcoholic beverages.

Nope. Last stadium I got a drink at was Ashton Gate about 15 years ago. I guess things have improved. 

Livingston’s stadium bar/‘bistro’ effort is piss poor, although tbf everything about that 10,000 all-seater plastic shoebox, next to the shopping centre of a stupid and pointless town is beyond redemption.

Livingston’s stadium bar/‘bistro’ effort is piss poor, although tbf everything about that 10,000 all-seater plastic shoebox, next to the shopping centre of a stupid and pointless town is beyond redemption.

You occasionally pop up on threads I visit and I find you to be an angry, yet boring man.

On 22/03/2019 at 11:06, Frank Grimes said:

Based on absolutely nothing 

Mostly true. It depends on the set up, but if it's a big 1000 capacity place like was reported a bit back then I can't see it being other than what I said. It makes perfect business sense to get in a sponsor who'll provide cheap beer that can be sold at a silly price, and sadly Carling are very in to that market.

I hope it's decent but will remain doubtful for now.

Mostly true. It depends on the set up, but if it's a big 1000 capacity place like was reported a bit back then I can't see it being other than what I said. It makes perfect business sense to get in a sponsor who'll provide cheap beer that can be sold at a silly price, and sadly Carling are very in to that market.
I hope it's decent but will remain doubtful for now.

Who knows, but it’s actually a really key part of this development.

Whilst the facilities should be much better, the travel to the stadium is putting barriers to a significant part of the support.

In that regard, the club absolutely need to go out of their way to make it an attractive prospect for people coming from the city.

My fear is the authorities putting blockers on anything that might encourage a few drinks pre match and alienating the part timers who don’t need much of an excuse not to go.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Who knows, but it’s actually a really key part of this development.

Whilst the facilities should be much better, the travel to the stadium is putting barriers to a significant part of the support.

In that regard, the club absolutely need to go out of their way to make it an attractive prospect for people coming from the city.

My fear is the authorities putting blockers on anything that might encourage a few drinks pre match and alienating the part timers who don’t need much of an excuse not to go.

Aye the council(s) there seem determined to make this a shitter and it wouldn't surprise anyone to see them fight over an alcohol license for the stadium 

Eventually there will be plenty of pubs and houses surrounding/nearby this new development and the lack of everything will be non-existent. For the long term of the club this is a great thing and I can only hope eventually my club will also re-develop.

Judging by the way the club has been run in the past 20 years it will be a souless shoebox. 

No way should the club be moving outwith the city limits the clue is in our name. 

Just another attempt to sanitise the whole experience and to keep the wrong non double garage types away. 

Eventually there will be plenty of pubs and houses surrounding/nearby this new development and the lack of everything will be non-existent. For the long term of the club this is a great thing and I can only hope eventually my club will also re-develop.

The city would have to be at least twice as big as it is now to reach out that far

It took 140 years for the population of Aberdeen to double to it’s current levels

So when you say “long term” you’re not messing about