The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

Looking forward to the stadium tours.

“Welcome to the Red Lounge, our stunning new hospitality suite. Let’s now make our way to the balcony where we will get stunning views of the Linn of Dee and Mar Lodge Estate.”

Sometimes I question your commitment to the dons.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2019 at 13:51, the jambo-rocker said:

Hypothetically if it were, for some unforeseen circumstances rejected, could Aberdeen still be allowed to finish off their training ground & facilities and then just carry on like that was the only thing they were planning to build in the first place?

On 1/31/2019 at 16:27, naegoodinthedark said:

Hypothetically, yes!

Actually no. It's all or nothing.

However there's no reason why the Dons couldn't go back and re-apply just for training facilities.

Moot point, it's done, the NKS have just wasted everyone's time and money. 

On 12/16/2018 at 15:09, EdTheDuck said:

With most of the AWPR now open it is clearly going to make a Hell of a difference to traffic around Aberdeen

However, anyone who has used the Kingsford Junction already will know how fucking difficult it is getting onto the damn roundabout from the off-ramps. I really hope there's going to be traffic lights even if just for matchdays. Snorl will not even come close to describing the mess there's going to be.

It's a worry that the only bit that the AWPR has made worse is this section. Those from the south may have an issue, but remember match day arrival is much more spread out than rush hour, so possibly not an issue. Leaving shouldn't be a problem. 

On 31/01/2019 at 18:53, jamamafegan said:

Looking forward to the stadium tours.

“Welcome to the Red Lounge, our stunning new hospitality suite. Let’s now make our way to the balcony where we will get stunning views of the Linn of Dee and Mar Lodge Estate.”

You’re trying just a little bit too hard here, but you are showing an intimate knowledge of the geography of Deeside, if not the distances involved.

On 2/9/2019 at 17:46, fatshaft said:

It's a worry that the only bit that the AWPR has made worse is this section. Those from the south may have an issue, but remember match day arrival is much more spread out than rush hour, so possibly not an issue. Leaving shouldn't be a problem. 

If only it could have been predicted.   Oh forgive me, it seems it was. 

The original TA presented an assessment that showed extensive queuing onto the AWPR from the A944 slip roads north and south for several hundred metres as well as indicating congestion and delay on the local road network. In order to resolve a number of issues, further calculations and analysis were carried out for the TAaddendum. RDM raised a number of queries in respect to this. These centred on the use of the base data, which we acknowledge was used at the request of Transport Scotland, but which we know is flawed and appears to be the lowest prediction of post AWPR flow.

I am also not sure why leaving shouldn't be a problem as I can't see people wanting to hang about the stadium until traffic reduces.  Leaving has been indentified as a much bigger issue than arriving and even here, Aberdeen FC have tried to use the Fanzone as a reason why supporters will arrive at staggered times and remain at the stadium after matches.  It appears that the one thing that they didn't take into account is that they are discussing Aberdeen supporters.  If any group is likely to disperse from the stadium as quickly as possible it would be them. :lol:

On 16/12/2018 at 15:09, EdTheDuck said:

With most of the AWPR now open it is clearly going to make a Hell of a difference to traffic around Aberdeen

However, anyone who has used the Kingsford Junction already will know how fucking difficult it is getting onto the damn roundabout from the off-ramps. I really hope there's going to be traffic lights even if just for matchdays. Snorl will not even come close to describing the mess there's going to be.

Without wishing to pish on your chips, there has never been a bypass / relief road in history that has "made a hell of a difference to traffic" and I dont see why the AWPR will be any different.

Available traffic generally fills roads and all the road designers pre-construction wind and pish wont change that.

Closer to where I live, the new roads leading to the new forth bridge, the Bypass round Edinburgh  - both were touted as being able to reduce traffic jams in and around their respective areas, and (as I said above) that turned out to be pish. People might use slightly different routes but ultimately all it does is move the same problem a few miles further away.

So dont expect the new road to help when 20000 punters are trying to leave the new stadium post match. It will be just as hellish as leaving McDairmid is but x 2 or 3..................

2 hours ago, Green Day said:

Without wishing to pish on your chips, there has never been a bypass / relief road in history that has "made a hell of a difference to traffic" and I dont see why the AWPR will be any different.

Available traffic generally fills roads and all the road designers pre-construction wind and pish wont change that.

Closer to where I live, the new roads leading to the new forth bridge, the Bypass round Edinburgh  - both were touted as being able to reduce traffic jams in and around their respective areas, and (as I said above) that turned out to be pish. People might use slightly different routes but ultimately all it does is move the same problem a few miles further away.

So dont expect the new road to help when 20000 punters are trying to leave the new stadium post match. It will be just as hellish as leaving McDairmid is but x 2 or 3..................

You've obviously not driven on it, it's the fvkkin 8th Wonder of the World!  Stonehaven to Culter is an absolute breeze, and further up to the Lang Stracht is just a few minutes more.

It's going to take an absolute hoor o' traffic to pysh on my chips with it.

Yours, just cruisin' awa!

aDONis

4 hours ago, aDONisSheep said:

You've obviously not driven on it, it's the fvkkin 8th Wonder of the World!  Stonehaven to Culter is an absolute breeze, and further up to the Lang Stracht is just a few minutes more.

aDONis

I have driven on it and more than 8 times I have wondered why the f**k did they put a roundabout on it at Cleanhill?  I can only assume it is to piss off everyone using it as there is no need for it when a flyover and ramps could quite easily have been accommodated.  Road designers can GTF.

I have driven on it and more than 8 times I have wondered why the f**k did they put a roundabout on it at Cleanhill?  I can only assume it is to piss off everyone using it as there is no need for it when a flyover and ramps could quite easily have been accommodated.  Road designers can GTF.

It’ll be feck all to do with the designers and everything to do with cost.
The irritation factor that a major roundabout with traffic lights causes to road users won’t even have entered the minds of the c*nts at Victoria Quay who sign off on these infrastructure projects.
As an example, I give you Sheriffhall Roundabout on the Edinburgh city bypass. Total clusterf*ck.

4 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

The irritation factor that a major roundabout with traffic lights causes to road users won’t even have entered the minds of the c*nts at Victoria Quay who sign off on these infrastructure projects.
As an example, I give you Sheriffhall Roundabout on the Edinburgh city bypass. Total clusterf*ck.

If it was purely a cost issue then they would have a roundabout at every exit.  For some strange reason there is only this one.

11 minutes ago, strichener said:

Aye!  I'll give you Cleanhill, I can't understand the logic of that roundabout either.

But I'm auld enough ti mind Milltimer Brae (aye, the original wyndy een, nae the new-fangled een)!

So for me the new road is some kind of voodoo magic!

Yours, easily impressed.

aDONis

8 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

That roundabout was put in place to regulate the flow of traffic on to the bypass, due to the explosion of new housing in midlothian (Newtongrange, Bonnyrigg etc) .

Roll on a few years and they are now talking flyovers / underpasses etc - fuckin idiots, just glad I live in town and dont have to negotiate it.

It will probably be the same pish on the Aberdeen bypass - and as I said earlier, can you imagine the carnage if Hibs had relocated to Straiton? Its bad enough getting out of fuckin ikea into town never mind 20000 trying to leave a fitba stadium car park at the same time !

On 09/02/2019 at 17:46, fatshaft said:

The Kingsford junction is a nightmare when the road is busy. This is going to be horrendous. Try using it in the afternoons. What’s  it going to be like when 6,000 cars suddenly appear.

3 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

The Kingsford junction is a nightmare when the road is busy. This is going to be horrendous. Try using it in the afternoons. What’s  it going to be like when 6,000 cars suddenly appear.

typical remoaner project fear nonsense.

18 hours ago, aDONisSheep said:

aDONis

Bizarre comment from the other lad.

Managed to get from Rubislaw to Cove in 15 minutes at half 4 yesterday evening. Pre-bypass that's a nightmare journey if you don't go through Holburn.