The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

So much anger in this thread.

Don’t think anyone would pick kingsford as the first choice but some people are maybe just choosing not to lose the head and suggest the club will go into oblivion over it.

I get that it’s a huge thing for the club but so much anger towards people who might want to have a positive outlook on it is baffling to me.

Aye it's an Aberdeen fan thing at the moment. If you back Kingsford or have the audacity to think McInnes has a decent record you're labelled a happy clapper. Apparently only the miserable c***s actually know their fitba. There was people losing their shit because Cammy Smith got some light applause while being substituted last week.

As for Kingsford, in an ideal world it gets the thumbs up, we build a training ground, then before the stadium itself is actually built there we end up changing plans and building in the city. That would also mean we could then expand the training ground in the future on the spare land we'd have - an indoor facility for example. 

However, if the stadium does get built there, as someone who grew up in Westhill I don't think it'll be the disaster some think. If I can have a season ticket for Pittodrie while living in Westhill I'm sure those in the city can make it to Westhill without too much trouble. Pittodrie is a shite stadium (forget the history, it's shit) and we all go, and we'll all go to Kingsford. We'll moan about lack of bars and parking miles away but we'll enjoy moaning about it because we're Aberdonian and that's what we do best.

The thing is, Loirston (which I thought was a fine location and didn't really understand the opposition to it), Kings Links and a redeveloped Pittodrie are only possible with extra funds, and it'd need to be the council chipping in. They have over £820m coming in as part of the city region deal - they could give Aberdeen just £10m, end the driving range's lease at Kings Links, and say "right, there you go, get on with it" in exchange for helping support the city centre businesses that benefit from the stadium there. Unfortunately there's as much chance of that happening as me becoming the fifth member of Little Mix.

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

So much anger in this thread.

Don’t think anyone would pick kingsford as the first choice but some people are maybe just choosing not to lose the head and suggest the club will go into oblivion over it.

I get that it’s a huge thing for the club but so much anger towards people who might want to have a positive outlook on it is baffling to me.

Because, as it has been said before, this is irreversible.

If you do this because "it seemed like the only option at the time", then you might well come to regret it if it goes awry and you then learn that there were actually other options available.

Build the training facilities, they are needed. Wait 5-10 years (Pittodrie will not collapse in that time) and seek a properly adequate new site for a new stadium. Simple as that

5 minutes ago, Hibernia said:

If you do this because "it seemed like the only option at the time", then you might well come to regret it if it goes awry and you then learn that there were actually other options available.

Build the training facilities, they are needed. Wait 5-10 years (Pittodrie will not collapse in that time) and seek a properly adequate new site for a new stadium. Simple as that

And what if none appear after that time? What if the only options after that are much more expensive or even more remote. What if in 5-10 years many of the issues people have with Kingsford could be improved but the sites no longer an option? The club could play the what if game forever waiting for a magical option that doesnt make a significant portion of the support upset.

14 hours ago, anotherchance said:

There’s no pubs there now, which isn’t the same as there won’t be any pubs if and when the thing is built, or in the years after.

I remember thinking that about McDiarmid Park..........they've even knocked the nearest pub down in recent years!

11 hours ago, Hibernia said:

The best outcome would be the training facilities are built soon and fast. Fans get the chance to see them, actually travel there and preferably take the bus. Realise what a fucking terrible idea it is and don't buy any scam memberships or whatever it is they're now trying to punt to fund it. 

The fans being taken along for a ride by the fatshaft/Dunty/Milnes are the ones I feel sorry for when they realise what they had with a city centre location. But the overall Aberdeen support is pretty shite. They don't have any fight or soul left anymore.

1 hour ago, COYR said:

The best outcome would be the training facilities are built soon and fast. Fans get the chance to see them, actually travel there and preferably take the bus. Realise what a fucking terrible idea it is and don't buy any scam memberships or whatever it is they're now trying to punt to fund it. 

The fans being taken along for a ride by the fatshaft/Dunty/Milnes are the ones I feel sorry for when they realise what they had with a city centre location. But the overall Aberdeen support is pretty shite. They don't have any fight or soul left anymore.

Or it could be, the doom and gloom merchants,  the 4/5 same merchants on each dons forum who are very loud, bulling and abusive. That are quite happy to slag the club and the majority of fans who are behind the idea. I mean why don't you so called dons fans get a protest going at the games, show your disgust at the club, get your point accross in a orginzed manner. Or are you just going to hide on forums speaking shite, liking each others posts, giving it large? 

3 minutes ago, TrebleTwenty said:

Or it could be, the doom and gloom merchants,  the 4/5 same merchants on each dons forum who are very loud, bulling and abusive. That are quite happy to slag the club and the majority of fans who are behind the idea. I mean why don't you so called dons fans get a protest going at the games, show your disgust at the club, get your point accross in a orginzed manner. Or are you just going to hide on forums speaking shite, liking each others posts, giving it large? 

Have you seen the abuse anyone against it takes on any other forum or social media or are your blinkers that strong?  You even threw in a so called Dons fans yourself. :lol: 

I've investigated everything myself, along with many other doom and gloom merchants.  I've spoken to people from the club about it in person and online. I've shared what I know with the uninformed masses who think it's a 10 minute bus journey from the city centre / there will be free buses from all over Aberdeen / 5k will fit in the supporters bar / there can be steep stands / parking will be better.

I've held up protest banners at Pittodrie before and they last 5 seconds before stewards come running from all angles and you get chucked out. What do you suggest?  Do you think the club are going to bin it? :lol: The majority of fans are behind it for many reasons. It's a lost cause. I'd be happy for the club to move out and a new one to pop up in the east end. 

49 minutes ago, TrebleTwenty said:

Sunday Post reader found, hiding on form speaking shite

7 hours ago, COYR said:

Have you seen the abuse anyone against it takes on any other forum or social media or are your blinkers that strong?  You even threw in a so called Dons fans yourself. :lol: 

I've investigated everything myself, along with many other doom and gloom merchants.  I've spoken to people from the club about it in person and online. I've shared what I know with the uninformed masses who think it's a 10 minute bus journey from the city centre / there will be free buses from all over Aberdeen / 5k will fit in the supporters bar / there can be steep stands / parking will be better.

I've held up protest banners at Pittodrie before and they last 5 seconds before stewards come running from all angles and you get chucked out. What do you suggest?  Do you think the club are going to bin it? :lol: The majority of fans are behind it for many reasons. It's a lost cause. I'd be happy for the club to move out and a new one to pop up in the east end. 

Aye so you have. You have done feck all..

Just watched that goal from scott mckenna what a screamer ,even better it being against killie .great guy nice too see him doing well .[emoji106]

Apparently a Dons player will score one like that in every game at Kingsford.

There should be a roof on this new stadium.  Soon it will be the norm and Aberdeen is basically in the Arctic circle.  Also a semi artificial surface one of the next gen ones.  Make it a real cauldron of 25 000 and show some ambition.  Indoor full pitch at the training ground too and/or undersoil heating.

They should be taking their time and going to the oil companies, trump, lottery whoever it takes.rich ex pat fans to get the funding to do it proper.  Typical teuchter b*****ds doing it on the cheap, will just turn out to be a slightly bigger new version of McDiarmid park.