The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

25 minutes ago, velo army said:

I reckon people underestimate (if they estimate at all) how much being close to the city contributes towards the atmosphere. Your identity as a fan is tied to the city of your club. It is often the celebration/reinforcement of this identity which fuels our involvement in the collective effervescence of supporting our team. In moving out the city one risks breaking these links and creating a more atomised support, just a group of individuals who buy into brand loyalty.

Agree with this and I feel it's something I see at ICT. There's likely a whole load of other reasons for it but with Inverness the majority of fans just rock up at the stadium, watch the game then go home. They don't really spend any time in town before the game because it's a bit of a pain to get to the ground from the city centre. Most of the time you wouldn't even know if ICT are playing on a Saturday because the town doesn't look or feel any different. Barely any colours on show.

Contrast that to the likes of Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen right now you know when there is a match on. Easter Road and Gorgie have loads of folk milling about before a game, heading into pubs and bars, getting something to eat from the nearby chippy, there's just a bit of a buzz around the area when these teams are at home and having a ground in or very close to the city centre is a big factor in that.

Obviously it's unlikely to affect me personally for a long time as my team are howling but if I was to find myself heading to this new ground I wouldn't be bothering heading into town before it and I'd imagine a lot of fans, home and away, will skip any festivities in the city centre and just head straight to stadium, much like ICT fans do just now. At least the nearby-ish Tesco would do a good trade in folk sitting outside with carry outs killing time before KO.

Edited by RiG

15 minutes ago, Karl Fletcher said:

At least we'll remember to order seats tbf 

Paulo clinging to Hibs' coat tails is a new angle for him though, hope it works out 

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Paolo championing hibs to fulfil his bitterness about the dons emoji1.png

Spectacularly missing the point. PowttJS.gif

15 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

It'll have as good a view of Edinburgh castle as Hearts new stand :lol:

An even better view of the car park and 'Red Cafe' too - don't forget that.

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

Spectacularly missing the point. PowttJS.gif

Eh..yeah, or maybe we have no interest in any views you have on AFC and their new stadium given your ludicrous posting history.

Hence your post was greeted with nothing but mockery.

12 minutes ago, Dudu Dahan pal said:

why are a side that attract around 10'000 or less fans on a yearly basis building a ground thats far far too big for them? doesn't make sense. as for it ever expanding to 40k :lol::lol: 

I know our crowds aren't that good, but I think we get more than 10,000 a year...

Is there no rail link that could fit this? I thought traffic in Aberdeen was fucking horrendous? Building a stadium outside the city which looks mostly only accessible by car seems perverse if that's the case. Plus, nae peeve.

I'm probably one of the few people in the world who quite likes Aberdeen and have semi regularly stayed up after a game. A c**t of a journey to and from the city centre for the game would absolutely put that as a distant memory.

1 minute ago, Frank Grimes said:

Please show your workings.

Hibernian successes since June 2014: A Scottish cup, a league title, 2 cup finals, 6 trips to Hampden (probably 7 come October), Multi-Million pound talent, our own stadium which isn't located in the middle of nowhere, our own state of the art training complex, skelped the **** on numerous occasions becoming Scottish football's most loved club, a manager who is the most successful in Scotland currently managing us, 2 wins out of 2 on our return to the top flight.

Aberdeen successes since June 2014: Celtic's bitches 3 years in a row in the league and in both domestic finals last season. 

These Hibs boys have taken a hell of an ego boost from their continual bitch slapping of the ****. Seeing them now, I hate to imagine how they will be when the actually win the fucking league this season...

3 minutes ago, Dudu Dahan pal said:

Hibernian successes since June 2014: A Scottish cup, a league title, 2 cup finals, 6 trips to Hampden (probably 7 come October), Multi-Million pound talent, our own stadium which isn't located in the middle of nowhere, our own state of the art training complex, skelped the **** on numerous occasions becoming Scottish football's most loved club, a manager who is the most successful in Scotland currently managing us, 2 wins out of 2 on our return to the top flight.

That's a hell of a long winded way of saying you've won one Cup and spent most of the time in a lower division.