Scottish Cup Round 6 Sat 03/02/18

josecc

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, The Mouth said:

I’m sure it was said somewhere that glenburn played on astro week before and week after shortlees game could be wrong though and if they played there scottish tie on astro ( there biggest game of season so far )  then they clearly fancy themselves on the surface. Why not play to your own strengths rather than play to another teams apparent weakness regarding the shortlees game? Maybe they will learn to do this the next time and maybe get something out the game. If what I said above is right and this did happen esp playing there scottish tie on astro then of course they look stupid imo! Looking stupid in the sense that there willing to play to other teams weakness’s rather than there own teams strengths!!

But the long and short off it is as being the home team that's a collective decision too make and one that they are entitled too make. Same as Shortlees have binned their own park too play on a surface that suits them and might a say I have seen Shortlees twice at the grange and they have been different class and I also seen them once at Scott Ellis where they got a hiding so no wonder they play on astro.  That is their right but i do not blame any team in Ayrshire at the moment for not playing them on it 

Prestwick academy is an astro. Your point? 

Yes of course there entitled to take teams where they wish but that isn’t the arguement. Was it the right decision? It would obv appear not in this case hence the agruement. Referring back to prestwick academy being astro as far as I can see there unbeatin there although dodgy AAFA website facts could be wrong. For you to say after all those weeks of winning on astro ( if again prestwick academy is astro I dunno ) it is beyond me that when shortlees come to town they book a grass park. Surely in all sense after winning all those games on astro and builing up a head of steam on the surface they would wanna stay there? The fact of the matter is they’ve played to an opponents apparent weakness and it back fired on them big style. I see the guy up top boomtown I think it was saying glenburn missed enough chances to win 5 games. I bet most of them were down to dodgy bobble of the ball cause of the “ coo field “ surface “. Take the game to astro then and you won’t have that. Don’t in turn come on and moan about missing this and missing that boomtown cause the likelyhood is the chances probably were missed due to the surface ( that btw glenburn wanted to play on )  and of course other things. Like I said lessons will hopefully be learned. Play to your own stengths first. Worry about the rest later. That’s my opinion anyway !

23 minutes ago, BingeDrinker said:

But the long and short off it is as being the home team that's a collective decision too make and one that they are entitled too make. Same as Shortlees have binned their own park too play on a surface that suits them and might a say I have seen Shortlees twice at the grange and they have been different class and I also seen them once at Scott Ellis where they got a hiding so no wonder they play on astro.  That is their right but i do not blame any team in Ayrshire at the moment for not playing them on it 

Prestwick academy is an astro. Your point? 

It is an astro wow really? Absolutely beyond me then why they didn’t stay there it really is.

5 minutes ago, The Mouth said:

Yes of course there entitled to take teams where they wish but that isn’t the arguement. Was it the right decision? It would obv appear not in this case hence the agruement. Referring back to prestwick academy being astro as far as I can see there unbeatin there although dodgy AAFA website facts could be wrong. For you to say after all those weeks of winning on astro ( if again prestwick academy is astro I dunno ) it is beyond me that when shortlees come to town they book a grass park. Surely in all sense after winning all those games on astro and builing up a head of team on the surface they would wanna stay there? The fact of the matter is they’ve played to an opponents apparent weakness and it back fired on them big style. I see the guy up top boomtown I think it was saying glenburn missed enough chances to win 5 games. I bet most of them were down to dodgy bobble of the ball cause of the “ coo field “ surface “. Take the game to astro then and you won’t have that. Don’t in turn come on and moan about missing this and missing that boomtown cause the likelyhood is the chances probably were missed due to the surface and of course other things. Like I said lessons will hopefully be learned. Play to your own stengths first. Worry about the rest later. That’s my opinion anyway !

Glenburn on astro in league have lost too galston, West Kilbride, dirrans and drew with Carrick whereas Shortlees have lost to no one on it scoring an absolute shovel full off goals. Only game Shortlees have lost has been on a "coo field". So really I think it's a bit of a given really that they take them too grass? 

So glenburn see fit to play there biggest game of the season on astro but take shortlees to a grass park thinking they have a chance of beating them after winning many games on astro and your telling me glenburn don’t look daft. Away and gees peace mate seriuosly

7 minutes ago, BingeDrinker said:

Glenburn on astro in league have lost too galston, West Kilbride, dirrans and drew with Carrick whereas Shortlees have lost to no one on it scoring an absolute shovel full off goals. Only game Shortlees have lost has been on a "coo field". So really I think it's a bit of a given really that they take them too grass? 

Before you answer the question above where you getting your stats from? Although it says on AAFA website that glenburn have been playing at prestwick academy from start the likely hood is they’ve been playing on grass up until maybe around oct nov maybe? Going by there recent form through the winter they’ve been good on astro!

3 minutes ago, The Mouth said:

U still arguing that glenburn don’t look daft here. Yes or no will do?

No they don't. What do Dumbarton academy play on every week? Yeah the team that you harp on about being their biggest game? That's correct, grass!!! So once again Glenburn made a judgement call and lost by an odd goal. Shit happens. Bottom line is a home club make the call and sometimes may get it wrong but the only way they would have egg on their face and look stupid was if they shouted from the rooftops claiming they were going to win the game beforehand. I bet Shortlees do not play a home match on grass again this season apart from if they get a midweek one 

6 minutes ago, josecc said:

Glenburn played on astro on Saturday in the Scottish and got beat

Excactly. Because they have the best chance of winning on it. Fact is they tried not to lose the game against shortlees rather than try and win it and thats not my mentality hence my difference of opinion on it. I’ll post no more on the topic and we will have to agree to disagree bingedrinker!

10 minutes ago, BingeDrinker said:

But they've too play Shortlees on it, best side in Ayrshire on it at present. Yeah ok mouth lol 

Sorry one more post never seen this lol. Again you have missed the point. Glenburn should concentrate on glenburn and the game may take care of itself. I’m done now :D

Archived