Scottish Cup Round 6 Sat 03/02/18

josecc

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Boomtown said:

Wahahaha glenburn missed enough chances to win 5 games that day and is that the same glenburn that pumped shortlees on astro last season wat a clown

Boom town you silly little boy,

you won 3-2 due to two horrendous errors on astro by our then right back who was hopeless, guess what he now play with you !!

Do you remember the previous year when you were unbeaten and flying high and you then came to shortlees and beat 12-0?

Im at  shortlees games every week come this week and i will meet you call me a clown to my face, you will be eating astro  thats a fact

On 01/02/2018 at 10:47, s212775 said:

No Problem,

Shortlees, Are far superior on Astro and play some great  football.

However they have  a good squad with players who can battle on a cow field to get a result. Saturday against Glenburn proved that.

Glenburn fair play knew that Shortlees are the superior footballing team , hence choosing to bypass 3G and play on grass.

Highlights the point luck of the draw , as home teams will play on poor parks to stop good footballing teams play.

And if good footballing teams are at home usually they will book Astro so draw is important whether home or not for this reason.

Wahahaha glenburn missed enough chances to win 5 games that day and is that the same glenburn that pumped shortlees on way to last season wat a clown

If I remember correctly shortlees “ couldn’t field a team “ against gburn last year when gburn were challenging hurlford for the league and how do gburn repay shortlees? By taking them to a coo field at any given opportunity. Moral of the story is dont do anycunt any favours !!! Wont be forgotten I’m sure of it !!!

If Shortlees have deliberately not played a game to help another team the way you suggest then they are bringing the game into disrepute and no better than the Hurlford side that they are quick to label cheats.

20 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

If Shortlees have deliberately not played a game to help another team the way you suggest then they are bringing the game into disrepute and no better than the Hurlford side that they are quick to label cheats.

Here here 

18 hours ago, The Mouth said:

If I remember correctly shortlees “ couldn’t field a team “ against gburn last year when gburn were challenging hurlford for the league and how do gburn repay shortlees? By taking them to a coo field at any given opportunity. Moral of the story is dont do anycunt any favours !!! Wont be forgotten I’m sure of it !!!

This has to be up there with one of the worst and most stupid comments i have ever seen on here, and i have made one or two as well, and if you have something to do with the Lees then you have let them down big time. 

What is wrong with taking a club to a "coo field" if you know that it won't effect your own team but might scupper your opposition? Every club is different. Some clubs love astro, some hate it. I would say in my experience that most amateur players i speak too hate the surface and are sore for days after a tough game on it.  Some clubs love a tight narrow park whereas some love a really big wide one. Where is the problem and is that not the idea of home advantage? Where the club has the right to play the game where they want? A club certainly doesn't owe another any favours. 

Every manager and committee know their own players so why on earth, when at home, would they purposely play on a surface or type of park that they know was more suited to their opposition? 

This has to be up there with one of the worst and most stupid comments i have ever seen on here, and i have made one or two as well, and if you have something to do with the Lees then you have let them down big time. 
What is wrong with taking a club to a "coo field" if you know that it won't effect your own team but might scupper your opposition? Every club is different. Some clubs love astro, some hate it. I would say in my experience that most amateur players i speak too hate the surface and are sore for days after a tough game on it.  Some clubs love a tight narrow park whereas some love a really big wide one. Where is the problem and is that not the idea of home advantage? Where the club has the right to play the game where they want? A club certainly doesn't owe another any favours. 
Every manager and committee know their own players so why on earth, when at home, would they purposely play on a surface or type of park that they know was more suited to their opposition? 
Got to agree with Bingedrinker, when we played Colville I scoured the country haha looking for a grass pitch that was playable knowing fine well how well they move the ball about, but didn't fancy the tie being reversed so gave into the Astro in the end, yeah we got the result but if you are playing against a well drilled footballing side , then these small decisions like grassy muddy tight fields at home could win you games...

6 minutes ago, B McK said:
47 minutes ago, BingeDrinker said:

Got to agree with Bingedrinker, when we played Colville I scoured the country haha looking for a grass pitch that was playable knowing fine well how well they move the ball about, but didn't fancy the tie being reversed so gave into the Astro in the end, yeah we got the result but if you are playing against a well drilled footballing side , then these small decisions like grassy muddy tight fields at home could win you games...

You really do love to mention that colville victory on here lol. 

2 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

No where did I state they deliberately done this and refer to my post above don’t do anyone any favours means excactly that.

1 hour ago, BingeDrinker said:

Every manager and committee know their own players so why on earth, when at home, would they purposely play on a surface or type of park that they know was more suited to their opposition 

Like I said don’t do anyone any favours means excatly that and nothing else. When this took place last year it was rife on tP&B that shortlees done this and shortlees done that regarding the fixture in question and I’m sure you jumped on the accusation band wagon along with a few others. What ever the reason it was done for I don’t know but again people will accuse teams of this and that. As for taking teams to coo fields your arguement only stands if the team doing so wins. If I’m not mistaken shortlees still won the game 1-0 so glenburn imo look more stupid now than they ever have done! If you have any other problems with posts I put on this site p.m me mate instead of trying to put words in my mouth and slaughter me infront of everyone and maybe you wont look as stupid as glenburn did at the weekend!

3 minutes ago, The Mouth said:

No where did I state they deliberately done this and refer to my post above don’t do anyone any favours means excactly that.

It certainly is not me that looks stupid at the moment I am afraid. If you don't like it, don't comment. I certainly do not wish to pm you. It's a public forum for public comments and if you don't want people to answer your posts as they see fit then I suggest you don't post. 

With regards to another stupid comment about Glenburn looking stupid, I don't think they are. No one says that it's always going too work for god sake and who knows Glenburn could equally have won it on astro but could have lost 8-0 like Mill on Saturday. Look at Lees results and performances on astro and compare them too their ones on grass?? I think you will find it's quite a difference. They are falling over the line on grass and destroying teams on astro. Think I am right in saying Hurlford Thistle are doing the same??

So I ask again why on earth would other sides want to play them on this surface if they don't need too? 

If I don’t like it don’t comment? Hold on a minute here your sitting here trying to put words in my mouth about a post I put up before you even commented on this thread. I think your the one that needs to not post if you don’t like something instead of accusing a person of bringing a team down! And as I said above your agruement only stands if the team taking the opposition to the “ coo field “ actually win the game. Otherwise its “ egg on face “ scenario. In hindsight yes you are right. But now the games played and gburn lost who’s to say they couldn’t have taken shortlees to astro and beating them? Why not? Are shortlees invincible on astro? I don’t think so. No one’s invincible!

6 minutes ago, The Mouth said:

If I don’t like it don’t comment? Hold on a minute here your sitting here trying to put words in my mouth about a post I put up before you even commented on this thread. I think your the one that needs to not post if you don’t like something instead of accusing a person of bringing a team down! And as I said above your agruement only stands if the team taking the opposition to the “ coo field “ actually win the game. Otherwise its “ egg on face “ scenario. In hindsight yes you are right. But now the games played and gburn lost who’s to say they couldn’t have taken shortlees to astro and beating them? Why not? Are shortlees invincible on astro? I don’t think so. No one’s invincible!

How do they have egg on their face? They were at home and played the match where they felt they had the better chance of achieving result and going by the scoreline and listening to match reports they were unlucky in that regard. They gambled and lost the three points but they most certainly don't have egg on their face?

Why are Shortlees playing all their matches on astro when their registered home park is burnpark? Yes I appreciate it would have been off a good few times with the weather but not all the time? And when weather improves are they going too go back there? Of course they won't because they are choosing a surface where they believe they have the best chance of winning. At some point they may lose but does that mean they have egg on their face? Of course it doesn't. Clubs pick the park they play at home too suit themselves and no one else

25 minutes ago, BingeDrinker said:

How do they have egg on their face? They were at home and played the match where they felt they had the better chance of achieving result and going by the scoreline and listening to match reports they were unlucky in that regard. They gambled and lost the three points but they most certainly don't have egg on their face?

Why are Shortlees playing all their matches on astro when their registered home park is burnpark? Yes I appreciate it would have been off a good few times with the weather but not all the time? And when weather improves are they going too go back there? Of course they won't because they are choosing a surface where they believe they have the best chance of winning. At some point they may lose but does that mean they have egg on their face? Of course it doesn't. Clubs pick the park they play at home too suit themselves and no one else

I’m sure it was said somewhere that glenburn played on astro week before and week after shortlees game could be wrong though and if they played there scottish tie on astro ( there biggest game of season so far )  then they clearly fancy themselves on the surface. Why not play to your own strengths rather than play to another teams apparent weakness regarding the shortlees game? Maybe they will learn to do this the next time and maybe get something out the game. If what I said above is right and this did happen esp playing there scottish tie on astro then of course they look stupid imo! Looking stupid in the sense that there willing to play to other teams weakness’s rather than there own teams strengths!!

Archived