Pollok v Talbot Feb 3rd

Harry's Corner

2 minutes ago, energyzone said:
5 hours ago, Dipple burn said:
To give Pollok a fighting chance Tony should have started with Gormley and Butch on the pitch. I thought McGoldrick was excellent yesterday and you can'y win everything just look at Man Citly who have spent slightly less than Tony.

I always like it when Talbot fans make reference to the spending of other clubs as if people are playing at Beechwood for buttons.

No mate you like nothing about Talbot and your posts constantly prove this. Talbot players play for a roll and slice and the honour of putting that famous shirt on their back. Prove me wrong?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No mate you like nothing about Talbot and your posts constantly prove this. Talbot players play for a roll and slice and the honour of putting that famous shirt on their back. Prove me wrong?
Ok random stranger on the internet, let's see a few quotes of mine that show I hate Talbot. I can't remember the last time I posted about them but apparently I "constantly" show my dislike so it shouldn't take you long.

1 hour ago, energyzone said:
1 hour ago, Dipple burn said:

Ok random stranger on the internet, let's see a few quotes of mine that show I hate Talbot. I can't remember the last time I posted about them but apparently I "constantly" show my dislike so it shouldn't take you long.

Means trolling your posts and thats not my bag.

3 hours ago, energyzone said:
8 hours ago, Dipple burn said:
To give Pollok a fighting chance Tony should have started with Gormley and Butch on the pitch. I thought McGoldrick was excellent yesterday and you can'y win everything just look at Man Citly who have spent slightly less than Tony.

I always like it when Talbot fans make reference to the spending of other clubs as if people are playing at Beechwood for buttons.

I have read this post from you before E.Z. Of course Talbot pay wages,but al tell you this.If a player thinks he is coming here to chase the dollar he has another thing coming.Talbot have lost out on players in the past because of Harry Enfield clubs shouting we've got loads a money,but hey,carry on.   ☺

Some of Pollok’s performances at Beechwood have been decent in recent times. There is no mystery in how Talbot will play - new players but same Tucker template. Dealing with it is another matter. A few teams have gone 3-5-2 to try and combat it with some success. Whatever you come up with every player has to be fit and willing to go toe to toe.

10 hours ago, Larky55 said:

Pollok 1-2 Talbot

Not the classic I was expecting, but the visitors didn’t complain as they returned home with all 3 points.
Pollok were missing a few regulars, & Jordan Longmuir playing in goal is nowhere near fit. David Gormley played the full game, & did very well. Only a magnificent tackle by a Talbot defender,I think it was William Lyle prevented him from getting an equaliser in the 1st half.
Talbot were nearly at full strength, striker Graham Wilson was on the bench.
Talbot nearly went close early on,when Mark Shankland played in a clever free kick from the right,which Sean McIlroy, & Ross Harvey on just failed to get on the end of.
Talbot took the lead when Mouhamed Niam impeded Jamie Glasgow inside the box, Stephen Wilson scoring from the spot, Jordan diving low towards the pie stall, Stephen shooting high towards the club house.
Mark Shankland then burst into the box & fired home from an angle to put Talbot 2 in front.

Half time Pollok 0-2 Talbot

Talbot flew the lids after half time coming close on 2 occasions in the opening 5mns.
Pollok’s Stephen McCluskey, & Gary McCann were both sent off in what was an untidy 2nd half.
Andy Forde scored a late goal for 9 man Pollok, when he cooly slotted the ball into the Talbot net from around 12yds.

FYI:

Mouhamed Niang

Stefan McCluskey

Adam Forde

Just sayin'

Enjoyed the game yesterday had some good banter with the lok keeper obviously the boy was carrying an injury and did well to get through the game, also i wont be miscalling butch or gorms they were great servents to the Talbot and will be very dangerous players in the cup tie #eekapeeka

Went to this game really looking forward to some top division fireworks, from two of Junior footballs big guns. Unfortunately didn’t materialise. Talbot were the epitome of professionalism, never losing their shape and taking the chances that came their way. Pollok never really got started, the 3-5-2 looked completely alien to them and to often their midfield just didn’t track the runners! Shankland looked a cut above tbh. Gormley looks like he needs games, to often off the pace! Probably should’ve been more goals between the sides. Here’s hoping the cuptie is a better contest!

Talbot are starting to fire on all cylinders at just the right time. Four wins on the bounce vs Kilbirnie 5-0 (they were one place below us when we played) Glenafton 1-0 away (they were still in position to overtake in the league had they won their games in hand, and only really have the league to play for now) 5-1 away at Cumnock in the Junior Cup, when there was only one team really there, and 2-1 at Pollok and their big spend. That's three of the best Super League clubs beaten and our nearest and dearest in the Junior Cup. Banana skin matches this weekend at Hurlford Water Park, and also against Arthurlie at home (our next two league games) plus the wee matter of Pollok at Beechwood in the Junior Cup.

Will also be rooting for Glenafton this weekend. Of course. Som exciting times ahead potentially for the Talbot.

On 04/02/2018 at 08:56, combineharvester said:

A wee bit off topic but Huw did the linesman mccart do ... last weeks I think was 1st junior game back in 2nd div  since he cut short neilston gow game last season then thrown into a massive game 

He's been doing games all season. Just a selection: games at Lanark, Thorniewood, Rossvale, Glencairn and St Roch's.

Archived