Pollok v Talbot Feb 3rd

Harry's Corner

Pollok manager was apparently whining about ref after game.

Check the highlights Tony, penalty was a stonewaller, no ref would have put up with Stuart McCann constant moaning & Gary Mc deservedly sent packing for an awful lunge.

Poor sportsmanship must permeate throughout Pollok squad as their captain clearly and loudly advised his team mates to dive

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check the highlights Tony, penalty was a stonewaller, no ref would have put up with Stuart McCann constant moaning & Gary Mc deservedly sent packing for an awful lunge.

Poor sportsmanship must permeate throughout Pollok squad as their captain clearly and loudly advised his team mates to dive

The penalty was very, very soft watching the highlights as a neutral. Talbot striker made the most of it and Pollok defender doesn't do anything wrong at all and a bit of a dive in my opinion. I really wouldn't be moaning about Pollok players diving when that dive changes the game.

Gary McCann red card probably correct but seen yellows for those kind of challenges too.

The penalty was very, very soft watching the highlights as a neutral. Talbot striker made the most of it and Pollok defender doesn't do anything wrong at all and a bit of a dive in my opinion. I really wouldn't be moaning about Pollok players diving when that dive changes the game.

Gary McCann red card probably correct but seen yellows for those kind of challenges too.

It wasn't soft lol. The big defender looked clumsy in a few challenges. You can't hold onto players lime that in the box. Clear penalty in my opinion.
The bookings were deserved as pollok players were far too lates on lots of challenges.
The highlights could have easily shown more Talbot dominance to be honest.

5 hours ago, murphy1970 said:

So I’ve heard. Not having seen the games, I’m just going on what I read here. Unfortunately there seems to be a common theme regarding the Pollok boss. It’s no secret that to lead a team, whether in sport or any other domain of life, you need to be an example to them. As long as Pollok hold on to this fella, they will never fully break through as the top team. 

Just my opinion and I hope it doesn’t come back to haunt me after the upcoming Scottish tie! 

6 hours ago, Shannon said:

Reminds of a previous game when the linesman was getting pelters and people shouting that was a soft penalty. He turned around and said "a soft boiled egg and a hard boiled egg are still a boiled egg". Answer that one

Firstly, Talbot were the better team yesterday and got the points they deserved.

However so much nonsense in your post.

Talbot players went down screaming when not even touched, the player sent off for was Mccluskey, who was pulled down on a few occasions and the ref gave him nothing.

McCanns sending off, straight away your keeper turned and said to the Pollok fans behind the goal that it was a dreadful decision

Yesterday the ref was poor, but we were poorer and need to start playing from the first whistle not the last 10 minutes

It wasn't soft lol. The big defender looked clumsy in a few challenges. You can't hold onto players lime that in the box. Clear penalty in my opinion.
The bookings were deserved as pollok players were far too lates on lots of challenges.
The highlights could have easily shown more Talbot dominance to be honest.

I haven’t seen the highlights, and agree Talbot dominated a lot of the ball yesterday.

However we passed up excellent chances, especially in the first half with Mccluskey one on one with the keeper and the cut back from McCann that Gormley never got to.

Unfortunately I think we got our team wrong yesterday but hopefully in 2 weeks we will have 2 of our missing defenders back - either a fitter Gormley or actually play Forde for more than 5 minutes.

However Gary McCann missing will be a blow.

MaClusky after being yellow carded in the first half for dissent disagreed with the ref in the second and promptly threw the fingers at him.I don't know if he said anything but that doesn't matter.Actions speak etc.

I haven’t seen the highlights, and agree Talbot dominated a lot of the ball yesterday.

However we passed up excellent chances, especially in the first half with Mccluskey one on one with the keeper and the cut back from McCann that Gormley never got to.

Unfortunately I think we got our team wrong yesterday but hopefully in 2 weeks we will have 2 of our missing defenders back - either a fitter Gormley or actually play Forde for more than 5 minutes.

However Gary McCann missing will be a blow.

All ifs ands buts SP and you're always gonna be supportive to your own team though. I appreciate that

Pollok 1-2 Talbot

Not the classic I was expecting, but the visitors didn’t complain as they returned home with all 3 points.
Pollok were missing a few regulars, & Jordan Longmuir playing in goal is nowhere near fit. David Gormley played the full game, & did very well. Only a magnificent tackle by a Talbot defender,I think it was William Lyle prevented him from getting an equaliser in the 1st half.
Talbot were nearly at full strength, striker Graham Wilson was on the bench.
Talbot nearly went close early on,when Mark Shankland played in a clever free kick from the right,which Sean McIlroy, & Ross Harvey on just failed to get on the end of.
Talbot took the lead when Mouhamed Niam impeded Jamie Glasgow inside the box, Stephen Wilson scoring from the spot, Jordan diving low towards the pie stall, Stephen shooting high towards the club house.
Mark Shankland then burst into the box & fired home from an angle to put Talbot 2 in front.

Half time Pollok 0-2 Talbot

Talbot flew the lids after half time coming close on 2 occasions in the opening 5mns.
Pollok’s Stephen McCluskey, & Gary McCann were both sent off in what was an untidy 2nd half.
Andy Forde scored a late goal for 9 man Pollok, when he cooly slotted the ball into the Talbot net from around 12yds.

Talbot are very well organised and keep their shape all the time-they don't waste many balls and close down quickly making them very tough to play against.Thats why they are a top side.We did ok at times yesterday but felt Tony should have taken Gormley off for Forde at half time as he looked way off the pace and very overweight.Fordes quick running and turning immediately paid dividends.

Not a fan either of the 3 at the back set up which senior clubs struggle with let alone junior ones.

Beechwood in 2 weeks time is the hardest draw possible and we need to play much better than yesterday to get anything from it.

To give Pollok a fighting chance Tony should have started with Gormley and Butch on the pitch. I thought McGoldrick was excellent yesterday and you can'y win everything just look at Man Citly who have spent slightly less than Tony.
I always like it when Talbot fans make reference to the spending of other clubs as if people are playing at Beechwood for buttons.

Archived