Arthurlie v Gartcairn

Gartcairn Army

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Gartcairn Army said:

Yep I appreciate that and agree. At the moment we don't get many games with over 200 supporters so we have time. Not many other grounds that there is music and programmes though either lol

The music would wake the dead.

I hear Colin Spence is out of tomorrows game and i wish him a speedy recovery after last weeks injury.

Arthurlie park is looking very good although i was told they may be missing a few tomorrow. Gives me hope we can maybe cause a we upset.

Looking forward to the game MTC

Arthurlie 2-1 Gartcairn.... not at the races in first half, depleted squad and three cup tied players, we gave it our all but just not good enough... arthurlie scored winner in the 87th minute.

Proud of the cairn very close to causing an upset last week and not embarrassed today.
Mtc

Few days off and came up from Wales to watch this game. Thought Arthurlie were well worth the win. Even with ten men they always looked the most likely to win this tie.  Gartcairn played ok but weren't good enough to take advantage of a shocking decision by the referee to give a penalty and also send off the Lie defender.  I missed the game last week but on todays showing im surprised it went to a replay. I  now need to talk nicely to my boss and see if i can get the weekend off to go to Carnoustie.  

The lad Mackenzie is talented and was the standout player for Lie over  the two matches  very obviously he won’t be hanging around long.

Appart from him  Arthurlie are a poor team with a horrific pitch delapedated facilities and couldn’t even muster up a set of match balls to play with today ,

There  was also a protest being prepared in the event of loosing on penalties that the Cairn keeper was wearing number 19 ! 

Im sure the ref was involved in preparing there protest as he did everything else for them over the 2 legs 

3 minutes ago, Miller69 said:

The lad Mackenzie is talented and was the standout player for Lie over  the two matches  very obviously he won’t be hanging around long.

Appart from him  Arthurlie are a poor team with a horrific pitch delapedated facilities and couldn’t even muster up a set of match balls to play with today ,

There  was also a protest being prepared in the event of loosing on penalties that the Cairn keeper was wearing number 19 ! 

Im sure the ref was involved in preparing there protest as he did everything else for them over the 2 legs 

f**k me you are gonna have the shits in the morning eating those sour grapes ya fud.  Take pride in the fact your lads did well .  The complaint would not have been the number your keeper was wearing but the fact that your centre back had the same number. Never seen that before. 

No protest was being repaired by anyone at the club, for 2 reasons. 1, it’s ridiculous and 2 it wouldn’t change the result. In terms of the match ball there were actually 2 sets of match balls used, obviously the referee had a problem with the yellow set and asked for them to be changed. If you think the ref was in Arthurlie’s pocket then maybe you should stop taking whatever it is as it is fucking up your brain.

Gartcairn should be proud about their efforts over the 2 games instead of some looking for excuses. In terms of the game I thought we were on top in the 1st half and poor finishing and an offside flag stopped in being more than one goal. Cairn came out and stared the 2nd half well and won what looked a very soft penalty. The resultant red card was farcical considering the referee had spoken several Cairn players about their language without brandishing either a 2nd yellow or red until late on when again I thought it was harsh as I was close by and never heard anything from the Cairn player sent off.

One last thing I will say is I thought it was poor of the Gartcairn manager to tell players they were being fined for going in for food. Whatever happened after the 1st game it should be the players choice if they go in for hospitality or not.

Good luck to Gartcairn for the rest of the season they are a good side who play some good football.

The Gartcairn Manager has a problem with Arthurlie because he didn’t get the job when he applied for it, I’m delighted he didn’t get it tbh,  I must say I’m delighted with Billy Ogilvie Arthurlie managed even at a difficult time for club and supporters,

21 minutes ago, Gaz1888 said:

The Gartcairn Manager has a problem with Arthurlie because he didn’t get the job when he applied for it, I’m delighted he didn’t get it tbh,  I must say I’m delighted with Billy Ogilvie Arthurlie managed even at a difficult time for team,

You’ll be wishing he took it as he was your only chance of not getting relegated this year .

Arthurlie1981 I can understand your disappointment just as we were didssapointed with what you guys did to us last week regarding hospitality but we did tell you we were not coming in well in advance rightly or wrongly.

everyone knows Arthurlie are struggling considering where they are in the Junior ranks and to be honest I really hope you lads get out of the mess soon. Your supporters can't come and slag off a club 2 years old for facilities then jump up and down when we comment on a very poor set up for a super premier league team but at the end of the day it's just opinions.

the fact that your treasurer let over 50 people through the gate at half time as they were just back from the Celtic game and didn't charge them according to him says you boys won't be in trouble financially very long as you must have plenty to be able to do that. 

I could see how much it meant to everyone to beat a second division team today and if you were preparing any complaint no matter how silly, it shows where Arthurlie are today.

good luck going forward and with the refurb of the ground. I'd start with levelling the park and straightening your advertising boards up and for a bit of extra cash you guys should go all out and sell a programme.

Arthurlie1981 I can understand your disappointment just as we were didssapointed with what you guys did to us last week regarding hospitality but we did tell you we were not coming in well in advance rightly or wrongly.
everyone knows Arthurlie are struggling considering where they are in the Junior ranks and to be honest I really hope you lads get out of the mess soon. Your supporters can't come and slag off a club 2 years old for facilities then jump up and down when we comment on a very poor set up for a super premier league team but at the end of the day it's just opinions.
the fact that your treasurer let over 50 people through the gate at half time as they were just back from the Celtic game and didn't charge them according to him says you boys won't be in trouble financially very long as you must have plenty to be able to do that. 
I could see how much it meant to everyone to beat a second division team today and if you were preparing any complaint no matter how silly, it shows where Arthurlie are today.
good luck going forward and with the refurb of the ground. I'd start with levelling the park and straightening your advertising boards up and for a bit of extra cash you guys should go all out and sell a programme.

That’s fine to say you weren’t coming in for hospitality but my point it is poor to fine your players that decided they wanted to come insist good.

There was a programme for sale so maybe need to get your facts right. And picking up about straightening up boards (which blew down this week) is starting to sound petty. Of course the ground has seen better days, nobody will deny that. Are Arthurlie where they want to be this season, of course not but there are several reasons for this.

Why not take it as a compliment that we celebrated the win that way? You pushed us hard over the last 2 games and should be proud but instead you (and others) have made petty remarks about the referee & the advertising boards.

To be honest your whole post comes over as petty. As I said good luck for the rest for the future.

The Gartcairn Manager has a problem with Arthurlie because he didn’t get the job when he applied for it, I’m delighted he didn’t get it tbh,  I must say I’m delighted with Billy Ogilvie Arthurlie managed even at a difficult time for club and supporters,

That was when Robert downs got the job , a while ago cmon

Archived