Arbroath vs Albion Rovers

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Though we have won 4 out out last 5 league games, can anyone genuinely say ww have played great in all those games?

We have been riding our luck in those games. Especially the Forfar and Albion games. Both of those teams played very poorly and didnt create many chances. Some of it down to our play but a lot of it came down to their players playing very poorly.

We are no strangers to seeing other teams only having one chance and scoring.

We may be winning. But we need to improve to ensure we stay in the play offs. Only 2 points seperate 3rd and 5th.

Though we have won 4 out out last 5 league games, can anyone genuinely say ww have played great in all those games?

We have been riding our luck in those games. Especially the Forfar and Albion games. Both of those teams played very poorly and didnt create many chances. Some of it down to our play but a lot of it came down to their players playing very poorly.

We are no strangers to seeing other teams only having one chance and scoring.

We may be winning. But we need to improve to ensure we stay in the play offs. Only 2 points seperate 3rd and 5th.

We rode our luck yesterday? It was as comfortable as could be

Had one or two scares v Forfar but we also could’ve scored more ourselves

You can’t play great in every single game, no team can it’s impossible, I don’t think we’ve looked like losing any of the last 6 league games (never saw Ayr) and that is very good going

Only time in the league recently where I think we were totally outplayed and deserved to get beat was Stranraer at home and not even sure how long ago that was

Teams aren't gonna just lie down and let us walk all over them they are on the pitch trying to win a game of football as well the notion that we should be pumping every team  bar the top two is ludicrous players aren't robots they have their good and bad days especially part time players. We played well yesterday  so no idea how we were riding our luck.

might be wrong 23 but i think the no5 for albion is on loan from aberdeen . there best player was there no4 young lad with a great touch also he must be about 6’4” maybe worth a look at for next season

Aye he is from Sheerins under 20s side. The number 4 I believe is on loan from Hearts

It is looking like Arbroath and Alloa will be fighting it out for 3rd and 4th as the other teams are cancelling each other out more but certainly not a given

as Stranraer have surprised everyone , Airdrieunitedonianbankies, are improving too but too late for me . East fife and albion not getting the results either Although east fife are this seasons bogey team for us ..almost

the Arbroath /Alloa Clash will be quite a game , can't wait !!!!

might be wrong 23 but i think the no5 for albion is on loan from aberdeen . there best player was there no4 young lad with a great touch also he must be about 6’4” maybe worth a look at for next season

He’s not better than ToB or Ricky Little though so what’s the point of signing him?

It is looking like Arbroath and Alloa will be fighting it out for 3rd and 4th as the other teams are cancelling each other out more but certainly not a given
as Stranraer have surprised everyone , Airdrieunitedonianbankies, are improving too but too late for me . East fife and albion not getting the results either Although east fife are this seasons bogey team for us ..almost

EF are our bogey team too, 2 shocking defeats and a game we should’ve won and ended up drawing because of a 90th minute penalty.

Can’t believe the guy was an under 20, he was an absolute unit, 

On the argument about formation and singings everyone is entitled to there opinions, yes we are on a decent run but it’s not been great to watch, it’s not gonna attract more fans, very disappointed in crowd yesterday, And I don’t think anyone thinks McKenna is a bad player or deserves and abuse, just a position we are more than covered in and I would of preferred us to give the current squad who has got in this position a chance, 

I thought it was a very solid performance which we won easily. There are still areas with room for improvement but that's the case with every football team. You always have to look to improve or complacency sets in and you end up going backwards. Don't think we always have to make the choice of Gold,Kader or Linn,Denholm we can easily mix and match between all 4 of them.

1 hour ago, whereismillar said:

Yes, I agree. The league is now taking shape with the two full time teams contesting the title, Alloa and yourselves disputing third place, and the bottom three settling in for the relegation tussle.

Archived