Stranraer v East Fife

1 hour ago, DonnellyStirratMorrison said:

Wow, first short list I have evert been on (not sure what it's for though). I didn't think I had been over critical of East Fife although maybe a bit pessimistic rather than optimistic, don't think that's out of order the way we have been playing. Never once been critical of an individual be it player or otherwise.

However, consider my wrist slapped,  I will try and be more positive in future. C'mon the Fife, let's get up to the play-off position.

Sorry DSM, you at least gave a measured response to criticism, which in your case was unwarranted, unlike some others who would rather see East Fife get beaten, just to prove they were right on a forum.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thought so!  Gutted we won and didn't know how to respond to that result after all the crap you had written pre-match.
Comedy gold. Welcome to Pie&Bovril Darren! Although you may not think so, I was chuffed with the win Yesterday against a depleted Stranraer side who have sold their best players due to a financial crisis! I look forward to our next home game, I'm hopeful we can maybe register a shot on target from open play after Yesterday's excellent result. Good luck Darren ????????[emoji482]

10 hours ago, YoungersPaleAle said:

Moonball

Stevo Fife,

EF for life.

DonnellyStirratMorrison,

Sunshine Fifer

Our resident keyboard, football experts. :thumbsdown

I'm not even an East Fife fan.

Still, nice to be honoured by Pie and Bovril's resident Chris Jericho impersonator.

f67b02e5cbaac696cab3a1df2951bc5c.jpg

No matter what our opinions are of the manager and squad this what we have until the end of the season now and as true East Fife supporters its out job to get behind the manager and the team and give them our backing to make sure we finish as high up the league as possible

Ahead of the highlights being posted later I will offer my apologies for my tirade at the penalty award AND over enthusiastic celebration of the second goal! It had already been a long day & the importance of the win had a bit to do with it! Must learn to try & keep personal comments away from the mic

4 minutes ago, Pat 1958 said:

No matter what our opinions are of the manager and squad this what we have until the end of the season now and as true East Fife supporters its out job to get behind the manager and the team and give them our backing to make sure we finish as high up the league as possible

Well said Pat.

Always enjoy the "whos the better fan" nonsense that comes with being a relatively middling team who have shit games that fans moan about then good wins that the happy clappers then start goading the moaners with. We've the most ridiculous fans on P&B. 

Disappointing display yesterday. Thought the first half we defended well enough but never got a grip in midfield or up top.  Second half was a different story, defence got caught too high on a number of occasions.  East Fife were able to pick holes and get in behind easily, just as the did to win the penalty and for their second goal.

Was impressed with Mark Lamont and the East Fife number 77 other than that it was pretty dull stuff from both teams.

5 hours ago, LiamA said:

Penalty may have been 'debatable' but Duggan at least 4 yards ONSIDE for disallowed goal in first half. Swings & roundabouts

I thought from the slow motion replay that the defender nicked the back of the East Fife player's leg just before he got to the ball, therefore a penalty. If I watched it another ten times I might change my mind several times, but given that the referee has to make the call on one real time viewing, it's difficult to criticise the decision. 

The offside decision is absolutely shocking. It's not so much the fact that he's a couple of yards onside, more the fact that FOUR Stranraer players are playing him onside. 

Archived