Stranraer v East Fife

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having looked at the penalty several times we’re still undecided whether there was a touch on the ball. Think it will be one of those ones where if you’re an East Fife fan you say it wasn’t a touch but Stranraer fans will say he did play the ball

Having looked at the penalty several times we’re still undecided whether there was a touch on the ball. Think it will be one of those ones where if you’re an East Fife fan you say it wasn’t a touch but Stranraer fans will say he did play the ball

... or if you’re a neutral [emoji853]

Poor display from Stranraer but reluctant to be too critical. The players and manager were left in a difficult position a month or so ago. Instead of complaining they got on with the job and have probably more or less secured our place in this league next season already. The young players have played with energy and enthusiasm but today that wasn't enough. That is just the way it is - move on to next week guys. 

East Fife probably deserved the win. Our defence opened up easily on a number of occasions. If am being honest I thought it was a penalty but maybe once I see the footage I will change my mind. We tried hard but never created much! One final point - I can only assume some of the East Fife contingent haven't realised that the rules have changed with regards to red cards when the foul results in a penalty and the player clearly tried to play the ball. The ref got the colour of the card correct. 

Poor performance today. Dont like being to harsh on faz or the players but we were flat today. Dont think anyone hot pass parks today. 

Was never a pen. McGowan got the ball. But from where the ref was it would of looked like one. 

Cut open far far to easy today. Got to forget about this game and move on. Thought east fife were poor also today but they took there 2 chances and we didnt really make east fife keeper work. 

Deserved win for us over the piece. Still can't make my mind up about the pen - my initial reaction was it was a stonewaller as I felt that Kieran was about to pull the trigger when he got caught from behind. Both managers thought the Stranraer lad got the ball before the player. I'll warn you now that the footage is inconclusive.

For me the back four were terrific but Kieran Millar was my MOTM, involved in both goals and cancelled out the threat of Angus Beath. Not the only one to win their individual battle wearing the black and gold, but certainly the most significant one...

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:26, east fife for life said:

Fair play to Stranraer for battling on and picking up vital points despite having to sell your best players due to someone not being able to do their sums properly. If our manager and players showed the same passion and personal pride as you guys did we wouldn't be in the mess we are in just now. Get a couple of corners on Sat and it will be an easy 3 points against a clueless East Fife side managed by a hopeless rookie who is clearly out of his depth. emoji90.png

I take it you are still on the gowf course, or your own floodlit personal driving range?  Plenty to say before the game, but not after.... strange?  You had plenty to say when we got beat last week, which makes me think you must be awfy disappointed that East Fife won, or still out playing gowf?

7 hours ago, YoungersPaleAle said:

Moonball

Stevo Fife,

EF for life.

DonnellyStirratMorrison,

Sunshine Fifer

Our resident keyboard, football experts. :thumbsdown

So you've taken the time to go through each post and single out the guys who have a pop. That's quite amusing. Take it this means you're a "real fan'? Are you seriously suggesting folks shouldn't criticise?

One swallow doesn't make a summer dude. East Fife have been pretty brutal this season and two home defeats against Brora and Forfar just about sums it up. A win yesterday was unexpected but consistency has been a major factor this season. For what's its worth, Young isn't the guy for me and I stand by what I said. Time will tell if i'm right or wrong and I'll be happy to admit the latter, but don't come on here and tell me I'm not permitted an opinion. That's just you being plain thick.

Crowds are falling and I'm sure if you go through the EF related threads on here you'll find more people to add to your very sad wee list.

8 hours ago, YoungersPaleAle said:

Moonball

Stevo Fife,

EF for life.

DonnellyStirratMorrison,

Sunshine Fifer

Wow, first short list I have evert been on (not sure what it's for though). I didn't think I had been over critical of East Fife although maybe a bit pessimistic rather than optimistic, don't think that's out of order the way we have been playing. Never once been critical of an individual be it player or otherwise.

However, consider my wrist slapped,  I will try and be more positive in future. C'mon the Fife, let's get up to the play-off position.

Moonball

Stevo Fife,

EF for life.

DonnellyStirratMorrison,

Sunshine Fifer

Brave..... picking guys out who watch every week is a silly move buddy, you’ll have egg on your face pretty shortly. If u think this is a new dawn tread carefully. Only time will tell heres hoping it is... but we beat Alloa a couple of weeks back and fell apart at the back of it. To try and single guys out who’s criticism has been spot on is wrong. TBH at most clubs young would’ve been gone 6-7 games ago. To have a go at anybody who has sat and watched that shit for months is shite mate. You strike me as a 3-4 times a season big game kinda guy.

I take it you are still on the gowf course, or your own floodlit personal driving range?  Plenty to say before the game, but not after.... strange?  You had plenty to say when we got beat last week, which makes me think you must be awfy disappointed that East Fife won, or still out playing gowf?

How about you go f**k yourself. I didn't comment on the game as I wasn't there! Numpty

30 minutes ago, Yur maw punts cooncil said:

Brave..... picking guys out who watch every week is a silly move buddy, you’ll have egg on your face pretty shortly. If u think this is a new dawn tread carefully. Only time will tell heres hoping it is... but we beat Alloa a couple of weeks back and fell apart at the back of it. To try and single guys out who’s criticism has been spot on is wrong. TBH at most clubs young would’ve been gone 6-7 games ago. To have a go at anybody who has sat and watched that shit for months is shite mate. You strike me as a 3-4 times a season big game kinda guy.

Wrong pal, I'm a home and away every game, every season fan.  Your post says a lot about you as a fan though, you will take great glee if we are beaten next week, just so you can post another load of shite on this forum, for whatever comfort it gives you, along with your other mates.  I forgot to add you to the armchair list btw, sorry.

13 minutes ago, east fife for life said:
10 hours ago, YoungersPaleAle said:

How about you go f**k yourself. I didn't comment on the game as I wasn't their! Numpty

Thought so!  Gutted we won and didn't know how to respond to that result after all the crap you had written pre-match.

Archived