Queens Parks vs. Raith Rovers

Stating the obvious but we really need to get back to winning ways. Can’t see it being another 0-5 win but I do think we’ll get the W.

Vaughan needs to be back playing a free role position either behind Spence or Buchanan, with 1 of them being dropped, or with Vaughan back out wide for Barr in that makeshift 442/433.

Really looking forward to my day out next Saturday, train leaving Kdy at 9:12am, getting in at Mount Florida for 11:45am.

COYR

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another away day, which gives Ayr more momentum and pull away from us. Sorry Queens but we have a vastly better “squad” I really don’t know how they go about it in training, but you’d think we were a part time team with no clue how to change a game.

Free hit for us against the likes of Ayr and Raith. Nobody will ever expect us to get anything. If we continue to cut our own throat, we’ll get pumped again. Cut out the errors and we can give them a game.

We desperately need a win here. Our away form is utterly shocking. McGuigan posted a stat that for a full time team we've only won 4 away games this season (two against East Fife, one at Arbroath, and another here).  Last time at Hampden we beat Queens  5-0 but I thought the scoreline hugely flattered us.  At the time, it felt like you had a good team who just couldn't seem to score.  Hopefully the wider pitch will help us giving room for Furtado and Barr on the wings. Possibly we'll see Benedictus return which would be huge. He's an utter rock in defence and can add a threat at set pieces too. He's also more liable to play the ball our from the back. 

It really is a must win game.

Queens Park seem to have discovered how to score.

They got a 2-2 draw away at Alloa on 2nd January. Then a 2-2 draw at home to Stranraer on 6th January. Then they lost 2-1 at Arbroath on 13th January, then lost 4-1 at home to Ayr yesterday.

Some guys called Donnelly and Cummins doing most of the scoring.

I seem to recall QP having a bit of trouble scoring around the time we last met in November.

Still, they’ve lost their last two games and haven’t won since 23rd December.

We really need the 3 points.

Absolutely must win. We now need to win one more game than Ayr in the run in to the end of the season to mitigate the inevitable loss down at Somerset in March. Away form is still dog shit and we’ve no win in three. A positive is that Ayr look just as incapable as us at pulling away at the top, and we of course still have the game in hand.

Vaughan must start further up the pitch, either on the left or up front. He plugged a gap in midfield but he is out most dangerous player by a distance, he needs to be in the final third. Presuming McHattie is out again along with Robertson and Benedictus isn’t fit enough to start I’d go with:

Lennox

Thomson
McKay
Davidson
Murray

Barr
Matthews
Herron
Furtado

Buchanan/Spence
Vaughan

I’m no fan of John Herron but we really don’t have any other option in there, given Smith’s bizarre refusal to play Regan Hendry. Apparently Herron did well when he came on on Saturday, despite missing a one on one in the last minute. I have no real preference which of Spence or Buchanan partners Vaughan up front.

Free hit for us against the likes of Ayr and Raith. Nobody will ever expect us to get anything. If we continue to cut our own throat, we’ll get pumped again. Cut out the errors and we can give them a game.

Keep making them mistakes and work on resolving them the following week, please.

Stating the obvious but we really need to get back to winning ways. Can’t see it being another 0-5 win but I do think we’ll get the W.

Vaughan needs to be back playing a free role position either behind Spence or Buchanan, with 1 of them being dropped, or with Vaughan back out wide for Barr in that makeshift 442/433.

Really looking forward to my day out next Saturday, train leaving Kdy at 9:12am, getting in at Mount Florida for 11:45am.

COYR

At least you'll have a chance to enjoy yourself for a while before the torture begins at 3pm....

As for the match, it goes without saying this is a must win, especially with Ayr playing Alloa.

This is the best fixture for me so am another who will be in the pub at 11!

Must win. That is all that can be said. If we can't beat bottom of the league away (when the pitch is huge and of good quality) then we generally will never turn this away form around. Fucking win!!

I share others opinion that we should try and get Vaughan further forward. We need to stretch the game long and wide. Tactically I am getting very frustrated with Barry Smith. Echoing others, we still do not have a style of play or any indentifiable 'plan' each week - especially away from home. Hopefully (although I am not hopeful) Barry sorts this from this week. 

With Zanatta back signed, massive boost, let’s hope he slips straight back in. With that, and similar to the chat on our club thread, Vaughan further up the park in a more of a free role position, this is the XI I’d go for on Saturday (can’t believe it’s still only Tuesday...!)
IMG_6966.jpg

1 hour ago, Wee Sandy said:

:lol: Aye, but you're no' bothered, ur ye!  ;)

He's been excellent for us his last few games.

Shut yer puss ken, sorry I meant Sandy! No, not bothered at all:thumbsdown

With Zanatta back signed, massive boost, let’s hope he slips straight back in. With that, and similar to the chat on our club thread, Vaughan further up the park in a more of a free role position, this is the XI I’d go for on Saturday (can’t believe it’s still only Tuesday...!)
IMG_6966.jpg.54ecbd836107472fefc58e8a53909f9a.jpg
Can't argue with that line up.

I really like the look of that team posted above. I'd like it even more if we could get Robertson in instead of Herron. Anyone any idea how he's doing?

A bench of Smith, Bene, Herron, Barr, Buchanan, Court and Hendry (if he's real) is a hell of a lot stronger than we're used to as well. 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
5 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:
IMG_6966.jpg.54ecbd836107472fefc58e8a53909f9a.jpg

Me neither :(

I agree, that looks like a good line up. Especially from an attacking stand point. We have to be a little more robust from now. Aggressively in the forward department. We get bullied off the ball too easily. From this point on we have to go for it.

Archived