Aberdeen VS Hamilton Academical | 03/02/2018 |

10 minutes ago, Kneetrembler said:

I agree with this to a point. However, Rangers must have looked at HIbs being a tough game for them yesterday and the Leith mob came away with a win.

^^^^ this.

ETA: which is unusual as Hibs are well known for crumbling on these occasions, however they seem to be a vex team for sevco in recent seasons to many neutrals delight.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I know it's  a laughed at cliche, but it's a fact that both Celtic and Rangers raise their game against Aberdeen.

There are 2 genuinely big fixtures for the OF. Against each other and against the Dons. Other games are just the run of the mill stuff, something which Rangers players in particular seem to find difficult to deal with.

Why Dons players can't raise their own level is a valid question. It seems that thy're always surprised by the different level of intensity in these games.

Totally agree. Rangers have beaten us three times out of three this season, but are six points behind us!

2 hours ago, happyaccie said:

I'm not in the business of recording the results of any side outwith Accies results. Have you even played your 3 fixtures against Sellick yet ?

Given that you’re a total wind up merchant, I’ve no idea if this is a serious question. However, if it is, we play our third match against Celtic at home on February 25th.

7 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Given that you’re a total wind up merchant, I’ve no idea if this is a serious question. However, if it is, we play our third match against Celtic at home on February 25th.

I am not a wind up merchant, well maybe in the case of Sellick & sevco fans but they tramps deserve it, so Feb 25th completes your 6 pre split fixtures against the OF, If you lose that you will be one of only 3 clubs in the league to have failed to take anything off them so far this season.Surely this is something all Dons fans feel D.McInnes needs to address if you are to retain your runner up status in coming seasons.

I hope he can do a S.A.F, and Instil a belief amongst the players which will allow you to go down to Glasgow and trample over these c**** as you did in Fergusons days.

Enjoyed that on Saturday in an odd way.

Didn't think we were brilliant, certainly not in the first half.  We huffed and puffed a bit without looking too threatening, then Hamilton came back into it.  However, other than the Skondras chance I didn't ever feel like Accies were going to score.

Second half we turned the screw and looked much better, 2nd goal took a while to come and at 1-0 there was a lingering fear of a smash and grab from Hamilton.

Thought Woodman looked fine, not overly tested but looked tidy.  Can only think of one kick which put us in a bit of trouble in the second half but otherwise no complaints.  Don't think he had enough to do to rate him too much either way.

I liked Nwakali when he came on, albeit he didn't have too much to do he had some good tackles/touches and looks very enthusiastic.  Hopefully get to see a bit more of him, maybe a start against the DABs would be good.

Otherwise a pretty comfortable afternoon, fair play to the Accies fans that travelled, as it was pretty freezing in the 2nd half especially.

Bring on the Dundee diddies.

8 hours ago, happyaccie said:

I am not a wind up merchant, well maybe in the case of Sellick & sevco fans but they tramps deserve it, so Feb 25th completes your 6 pre split fixtures against the OF, If you lose that you will be one of only 3 clubs in the league to have failed to take anything off them so far this season.Surely this is something all Dons fans feel D.McInnes needs to address if you are to retain your runner up status in coming seasons.

I hope he can do a S.A.F, and Instil a belief amongst the players which will allow you to go down to Glasgow and trample over these c**** as you did in Fergusons days.

That would certainly be true. However, we are in second place, six points ahead of third and eight points behind top. Things aren’t really too bad, overall.

I think part of the issue with big games is this way of approaching games McInnes has. Every game is just 3 points, and the next game is all we're focused on. No wonder the players can't get up for these games if they're always being told it's just another game. 

52 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

I think part of the issue with big games is this way of approaching games McInnes has. Every game is just 3 points, and the next game is all we're focused on. No wonder the players can't get up for these games if they're always being told it's just another game. 

Personally as a fan of Accies I attach greater value to gaining something from the OF than say St.Johnstone or Ross County.

I can also see McInnes's point that any victory no matter against who only ever results in the maximum reward of 3 pts, if he feels targeting victories over every club outwith the OF affords him the best chance of securing as high a league placing as possible is the best way of approaching things, who am I to disagree as his record with Aberdeen suggests he has possibly matched the expectations of the board and the majority of fans.However I would find it hard to get up for a game against the OF knowing that my manager viewed it only as another game, so no wonder the players don't seem capable to raise their games against them if this is the perception McInnes gives.

11 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Personally as a fan of Accies I attach greater value to gaining something from the OF than say St.Johnstone or Ross County.

I can also see McInnes's point that any victory no matter against who only ever results in the maximum reward of 3 pts, if he feels targeting victories over every club outwith the OF affords him the best chance of securing as high a league placing as possible is the best way of approaching things, who am I to disagree as his record with Aberdeen suggests he has possibly matched the expectations of the board and the majority of fans.However I would find it hard to get up for a game against the OF knowing that my manager viewed it only as another game, so no wonder the players don't seem capable to raise their games against them if this is the perception McInnes gives.

If we don't win at least half of those games against the OF we win nothing. Ferguson had a similar win rate to McInnes but he made sure we beat the OF often enough to win trophies and that's the difference currently. 

Archived