Aberdeen VS Hamilton Academical | 03/02/2018 |

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people already labelling Woodman - or, perhaps, his performance - 'shit' and suchlike on other forums, which surprises me (actually, I'm not sure it does). I thought he did fine enough today; one decent save from Skondras at an important juncture in the game, and his kicking was passable if somewhat imperfect. He didn't make any obvious aerial misjudgements, either. At risk of being branded a happy-clapper, I'm content to trust McInnes, Marshall et al. on this one. 

Some people already labelling Woodman - or, perhaps, his performance - 'shit' and suchlike on other forums, which surprises me (actually, I'm not sure it does). I thought he did fine enough today; one decent save from Skondras at an important juncture in the game, and his kicking was passable if somewhat imperfect. He didn't make any obvious aerial misjudgements, either. At risk of being branded a happy-clapper, I'm content to trust McInnes, Marshall et al. on this one. 

Really? I despair with fitba’ fans sometimes. Clean sheet, one very good save, adequately commanding with crosses, and other than 1 or 2 shanks his kicking was fine - even Lewis is prone to duff kicks.

I feel for Rogers. But, like you, I trust Marshall and McInnes to do what’s best for the team.

I love the phrase happy clapper. Anyone that uses it is almost certainly a miserable f**k. Being happy and clapping is literally the reason I go to the football.
Big love to McInnes, McGinn, Considine and Woodman. 

I'm a miserable f**k who loves booing and I particularly love seeing fans of other teams in despair. Salty tears are a lot of the reason I go to football.

10 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I thought he was a little suspect at crosses, but all in all he was fine, despite not being tested that much. 

Hey who am I to tell you how to live your life. I'm happy and I clap your decision to be miserable!

I just love other fans and teams in despair. My favourite is Old Firm despair. Yesterday was delightful for us all. Salty Weegie tears. Glorious.

If only we could do something against either of the Ugly Sisters we would be genuine title contenders. On one hand its great the team does so well against every body else, but the 3 defeats to Rangers have been really, really hard to take. 

If only we could do something against either of the Ugly Sisters we would be genuine title contenders. On one hand its great the team does so well against every body else, but the 3 defeats to Rangers have been really, really hard to take. 

I can’t help but feel the damaging defeats against the bigot brothers has a galvanising effect though, and we use it to help bulldoze through runs of games against the other teams.

Not to say it should be one of the other, but it would be typical us to get something at Parkhead or Ibrox then drop points in the next game against utter pish like Partick or St Johnstone.

6 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

I just love other fans and teams in despair. My favourite is Old Firm despair. Yesterday was delightful for us all. Salty Weegie tears. Glorious.

Why are Aberdeen incapable of producing salty tears through their own efforts ? You surely have to despair that most clubs have inflicted pain on sevco this season but they have you in their back pockets.

7 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I thought he was a little suspect at crosses, but all in all he was fine, despite not being tested that much. 

He had three crosses to deal with all afternoon and one shot.  Two of the crosses he punched well clear and the other he held confidently under the bar. The one shot he had to deal with, he saved. 

Why are Aberdeen incapable of producing salty tears through their own efforts ? You surely have to despair that most clubs have inflicted pain on sevco this season but they have you in their back pockets.

At the start of the season yeah but I have accepted it given that there are a lot of players in our current squad who lack the bottle to win against the big two.

17 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

At the start of the season yeah but I have accepted it given that there are a lot of players in our current squad who lack the bottle to win against the big two.

Second best side in the league lacking bottle is a symptom of how badly Scottish football is held within the European football community, and a cheap excuse.

Second best side in the league lacking bottle is a symptom of how badly Scottish football is held within the European football community, and a cheap excuse.

There is no excuse, they just shrink when they see the badges of Rangers and Celtic, manager included. Not acceptable.

Just now, BucksburnDandy said:

There is no excuse, they just shrink when they see the badges of Rangers and Celtic, manager included. Not acceptable.

I agree their professional pride should as a minimum gaurentee resistance against the abhorrent duo, but Aberdeen seem to buckle in their presence.

Guest Bob Mahelp
16 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

I agree their professional pride should as a minimum gaurentee resistance against the abhorrent duo, but Aberdeen seem to buckle in their presence.

I know it's  a laughed at cliche, but it's a fact that both Celtic and Rangers raise their game against Aberdeen.

There are 2 genuinely big fixtures for the OF. Against each other and against the Dons. Other games are just the run of the mill stuff, something which Rangers players in particular seem to find difficult to deal with.

Why Dons players can't raise their own level is a valid question. It seems that thy're always surprised by the different level of intensity in these games.

8 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I know it's  a laughed at cliche, but it's a fact that both Celtic and Rangers raise their game against Aberdeen.

There are 2 genuinely big fixtures for the OF. Against each other and against the Dons. Other games are just the run of the mill stuff, something which Rangers players in particular seem to find difficult to deal with.

Why Dons players can't raise their own level is a valid question. It seems that thy're always surprised by the different level of intensity in these games.

I agree with this to a point. However, Rangers must have looked at HIbs being a tough game for them yesterday and the Leith mob came away with a win.

Archived