Aberdeen VS Hamilton Academical | 03/02/2018 |

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comfy win, especially in the second half. Another match where we haven’t really blown away the opposition but had the required quality at key moments to make the telling difference.

Accies battled hard and competed really well around the midfield. But they were really toothless on the few occasions they did find themselves in the Dons half.

If I'm scraping for a positive, then I feel we started the game alright, but Aberdeen got going and got a goal from yet again awful defending.

It's not over yet, so we have to keep fighting and believing we can get some good results, even if the hope is relying totally on luck.

2 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

Ref gave us nothing all game but the defending is woeful.

Just shows you how two people can see a match so differently! The referee gave Hamilton fouls all afternoon that, quite simply, weren’t fouls. In the second half Rooney couldn’t challenge for the ball at all, without a foul being given. However, really comfortable afternoon with 3.0 a good reflection on how the game went.

Bizarre subs. Looks like Canning chucked it yet again.
The 98th minute winner last week and this transfer window, combined with a totally uninspiring manager in the dugout, tells me the writing is most certainly on the wall.

Ref gave us nothing all game but the defending is woeful.

rainy_days_sunglasses.jpg

I thought we started the game poorly, but we really grew into the first half and did well hitting Aberdeen on the break. The change of formation certainly helped us in that regard, as it allowed Ferguson, Redmond and Ogkmpoe to link up well. Ogkmpoe gave McKenna a few problems down Aberdeen's left, as well as playing the two in behind him in. 

Then came a shite goal from a set piece. 

The second half saw Ogkmpoe far too isolated and McMann tiring, which left far too much space in behind the left-hand side. The subs killed the game off completely; did any of them touch the ball before the 90th minute? Our recent trend of giving up after 70-odd minutes to give the young boys a chance to prepare for the Championship, is incredibly depressing. Where's Kozoronis? Why bring Skondras off? 

Pittodrie Pies are also rank.

2 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

IMG_1438.jpg

Personally I hope Tatty has put you all in his notebook and reported it to the relevant authorities.

The Vaults bus won't be welcomed back there for a while :lol: Not that we'll be at Pittodrie again... perhaps ever?

I am glad to be innocent, though. 

Archived