The turnarounds vs the roundabouts

12 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Aye but thats not the point is it?  I'd much rather see football played on our surface than yours which was heavy as feck.

Depends how good a grass surface is and what time of the year it is. We've played well on the plastic pitches though so doesn't bother me at all, usually it is players and managers complaining about it, or at least the ones that don't have it at their own grounds.

We've been trying to get a 3G pitch down the last couple of years but the council are blocking it. Since we got some work done on the pitch pre season it has held up ok this season, was murder a couple of seasons ago, cutting up something awful. 

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Depends how good a grass surface is and what time of the year it is. We've played well on the plastic pitches though so doesn't bother me at all, usually it is players and managers complaining about it, or at least the ones that don't have it at their own grounds.

We've been trying to get a 3G pitch down the last couple of years but the council are blocking it. Since we got some work done on the pitch pre season it has held up ok this season, was murder a couple of seasons ago, cutting up something awful. 

Why?

Just now, ShaggerG said:

Why?

No idea, can't slag them off as they saved our arses twice when we went into admin, but they're making it difficult for the new owners to get a 3G pitch down for us to make a bit of income outside of match days. Suppose you can't blame them for being sceptical of a Livi owner right enough given our past history of coming out with grand plans and then fecking it all up.

19 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

No idea, can't slag them off as they saved our arses twice when we went into admin, but they're making it difficult for the new owners to get a 3G pitch down for us to make a bit of income outside of match days. Suppose you can't blame them for being sceptical of a Livi owner right enough given our past history of coming out with grand plans and then fecking it all up.

Are there any other plastic pitches in the vicinity, maybe council owned, that would be denied custom if Livi were granted permission? 

Are there any other plastic pitches in the vicinity, maybe council owned, that would be denied custom if Livi were granted permission? 

No I believe it's to do with the SPFL rules.
We have made a little extra cash here and there by hosting youth games, women's international games, junior cup finals etc...
By having a 3g pitch, these things can no longer happen. We would lose out on the extra money basically.

8 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Just as a matter of interest any idea how much do you pay the council annually to use the stadium?

A 3G pitch wouldnt stop you holding the junior cup final as it was held at Kilmarnock last season.

Guest Back Post Misses
Just as a matter of interest any idea how much do you pay the council annually to use the stadium?

A 3G pitch wouldnt stop you holding the junior cup final as it was held at Kilmarnock last season.

And Scotland's women's team have played at TFS.

Hmmmm, I'm sure I was told that this was the reason.
Appears as though I was wrong. Especially considering these games also took part at TFS.

49 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Hmmmm, I'm sure I was told that this was the reason.
Appears as though I was wrong. Especially considering these games also took part at TFS.

Your club probably lied to you. For they are lying cheats. AMARITE? Yes I am.

Hopefully normal service will be resumed as were back to league business...theirs a reason why the Bairns are sitting in the relegation area as they’re still honking ,am sure Hopkins will point this out to his team today and their will only be one outcome ...mon the lions !!!

7 minutes ago, snorkie said:

Hopefully normal service will be resumed as were back to league business...theirs a reason why the Bairns are sitting in the relegation area as they’re still honking ,am sure Hopkins will point this out to his team today and their will only be one outcome ...mon the lions !!!

You lot only won 3 of your last 6 lol? Beamer.

EC70D99C-2AA8-430A-A860-CB11C56A7836.jpeg

No, no.

Archived