The turnarounds vs the roundabouts

Thought Livi were good value for their win and thoroughly deserved it.

We need a plan B as it was obvious to anyone that 352 and launching it past the defenders wasn't going to work against Livi. Don Hartley got it wrong this time.

I'd love it to work out for Thompson at Falkirk as he's a local lad and seems like a committed guy but he just isn't good enough for this level unfortunately, Hazard to start on Tuesday.

Hopefully this is just a blip and we can keep up our good form on Tuesday night.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, snorkie said:

Funny how failkirk fans weren’t complaining about bully boy tactics when they beat us in the cup yet we probably had a more defensive and bigger team playing that night ...Falkirk never had big players before eh  Rodney Manley ,Crawford baptie ,Brian and Alan Irvine ,yogi ,Stuart burgess and the giant off them all Kevin James ....saying that half you pubescent wouldn’t have been around in those days .

YOU WEREN'T BULLIED  YOU  WERE JUST OUTPLAYED BY A BETTER TEAM .

Oh ffs, where to start.  Aside from your encyclopaedic knowledge of Falkirk players 20 years ago...

...don't take “bullied” as an insult.  Livis team are physically bigger the ours all over the park, and defensively that makes a difference, but going forward you demonstrated way more skill than we had.  We were weak.  You weren’t.  And our tactics, whether from the boss or to his frustration, played into your hands.

In short, you bullied us, it’s a compliment.  You were better than us.

Don't see the love in for Taiwo or Sibbald, both are shite. Pittman and Byrne make them look like they came right out the Sunday Leagues. Have to say as well, that Tumilty is shockingly bad. Will be having nightmares of Nicky 'Ronaldo' Cadden for years now

I did say earlier in the thread, I can't wait for Lithgow to score - and what a sexy b*****d. Lithgow hates the Falkirk, pass it on :D 

Hardie silenced more haters yet again with three goals in two starts now. 

We're on our way, we're on our way.......

29 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Don't see the love in for Taiwo or Sibbald, both are shite. Pittman and Byrne make them look like they came right out the Sunday Leagues. Have to say as well, that Tumilty is shockingly bad. Will be having nightmares of Nicky 'Ronaldo' Cadden for years now

I did say earlier in the thread, I can't wait for Lithgow to score - and what a sexy b*****d. Lithgow hates the Falkirk, pass it on :D 

Hardie silenced more haters yet again with three goals in two starts now. 

We're on our way, we're on our way.......

What a very singularly stupid thing to say!

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

What a very singularly stupid thing to say!

All season I've yet to be impressed by either, possibly I'm fishing a little bit but I wouldn't take either in our team. Byrne, Pittman, Thompson offer more than either of those two

Said it last week after beating Dumbarton and will say it again, Hardie is the striker we've been needing all season, what a brilliant signing by Hoppy. Looks like he'll score in every game playing like this, McGhee put in some tackle earlier on to stop him scoring just as he was about to hit it past Thomson, superb tackle.

Cracking goal by Lithgow with the outside of his foot, was beginning to get worried we'd never score after such dominance and getting near to HT still sitting 0-0.

2nd half and we continued to dominate, and goal of the game by Thompson and Hardie, brilliant delivery and bullet of a header gave Thomson no chance. Thought Rafa got our 3rd with a cracking free kick but I see Hardie is claiming he got a touch on it, killed the game off for us anyway and prob could've been even more with the chances we were creating. 

We dropped off a bit and Falkirk took advantage, first shot on target but cracking goal by Jakubiak, Longridge really should've made it 2 after a fantastic ball over the top cut us open, but he somehow put it past the post. Tbh they didn't deserve it and the 3-1 final score flattered them a bit, thoroughly deserved 3 points by Livi and a much improved performance to that cup defeat.

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

All season I've yet to be impressed by either, possibly I'm fishing a little bit but I wouldn't take either in our team. Byrne, Pittman, Thompson offer more than either of those two

Aye because you see them every week!

Tawio's not a baller but generally does what he does very well. He wasn't good today and has been taken off in the last few games because he's been carrying an injury for ages. (Same with McGhee). Sibbald also wasn't great today, but then the whole team were shite. On his day he can pish all over this league although that probably happens once in 4 or 5 games. Usually he's just very good. 

Just now, ShaggerG said:

Aye because you see them every week!

Tawio's not a baller but generally does what he does very well. He wasn't good today and has been taken off in the last few games because he's been carrying an injury for ages. (Same with McGhee). Sibbald also wasn't great today, but then the whole team were shite. On his day he can pish all over this league although that probably happens once in 4 or 5 games. Usually he's just very good. 

I suppose it's the argument of consistency over flashes of brilliance

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I suppose it's the argument of consistency over flashes of brilliance

Well, no, the point I'm making is that he (Sibbald) is consistently good, just not consistently brilliant.

Tell you what I like about Livi though is that Hopkin has you playing to your strengths, not trying to over egg things but keeping it simple and effective.

Just now, ShaggerG said:

Well, no, the point I'm making is that he (Sibbald) is consistently good, just not consistently brilliant.

Tell you what I like about Livi though is that Hopkin has you playing to your strengths, not trying to over egg things but keeping it simple and effective.

Yep, and has us playing as a team, everyone is playing for each other and there is a great team spirit.

17 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep, and has us playing as a team, everyone is playing for each other and there is a great team spirit.

That’s exactly what Saints have - and it’s probably a big part of why Saints and Livvy are the two teams who are out-performing pre-season expectations.

This Livingston team are absolutely playing for each other , what a great unit they are, Hopkin  has them motivated, a great time to be a Lion, best performance of the season.

Poor Tumilty got terrorised today !

Just saw the highlights there and while everyone celebrates the 3rd, Sexy b*****d Lithgow just jogs back into position. Merciless b*****d just wants more goals, he absolutely hates the Falkirk [emoji7]

Games like these, with visiting support housed in the main stand, any chance of allowing the home support to swap ends at half time? No need to encroach on the park, just walk behind the hoardings where the gazebo once sat.
this is a very good and important point. lots of sides have sussed out that we play better into south stand second half and choose to shoot that way first half. queens do it whenever they win the toss now Jim duffys Morton do it and now livvi ate doing it. from memory we've lost most of these games. we should be doing everything we can to give us an advantage and would be good if fans as you say could move round the east side at half time so no conflict with away fans in main stand and let them behind goals in north stand second half. better for the players and fans.

Archived