The turnarounds vs the roundabouts

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That’s Livingston beaten us 3 times this season at the Falkirk Stadium. Twice in the league, and once after extra time in the cup.

Now, I know for at least 2 of those performances it was one of the worst Falkirk teams in living memory, but for a team that rarely finish above us, to beat us at home 3 times in the one season is a phenomenal achievement. Well done pasta munchers.

What an odd season this is. Livi were excellent today, don't do anything massively innovative but they're well organised, everyone knows their role and they do all the basics brilliantly. Thoroughly deserved their win and Hardie will be the bit of quality that helps them finish second. Their set pieces are excellent as well. 

We'll turn in a performance like that every three or four games. Very poor across the park with the exception of Sibbald. Plenty young players who were poor and Kidd/Taiwo were anonymous. 

Hopefully this reins in the moon howlers who had us making a top four push over the rest of the season. We need to get 1 point more than Dumbarton by the end of the season and be relieved with that. 

Better team won today we were absolutely rank.

Hartley has to take a lot of the blame for that performance he kept the same formation all game despite it being evident from the first 10/15 minutes that it wasn’t working. After the cup game he should’ve known exactly how Livi were going to play but we done nothing to combat it and Livi had us sussed out and didn’t let us play.

Hopefully that’s Thomson’s last game for us he’s fucking dreadful and again was all over the place today. Infuriating the amount of times he decided not to take a goal kick short instead preferring to lump it up to Gallacher or Lithgow. Get him binned. Another one that can go is Peter Grant yet another dreadful Gasparotto like performance from him today. That injury has totally fucked him and Livi were quite rightly letting him have as much possession of the ball as possible as he’s only going to give it away, a tactic that I’d imagine we’ll see more and more frequently if he isn’t dropped.

Attacking wise we really didn’t offer much at all. Nelson missed a sitter in the first half, Longridge missed a sitter in the second half, Loy had a tame effort right at Alexander and Jakubiak scored a decent effort. That’s it.

As god awful as we were Livi were probably the best team I’ve seen this season. Very strong and powerful, dominating in the air, midfield were picking up all the scraps and second balls and were using their width a lot better than us. That second goal was a cracking finish by Hardie.

Much improvement needed and hopefully plenty changes for Tuesday night.

I can't really get my head around Falkirk. I keep thinking that you've really turned the corner and then, bam, a result like that happens and all of a sudden I'm semi-hopeful we still might be able to scrape eighth. 

Pleased for Lee Miller. He seems like a good lad.

Hartley has to shoulder most of the blame today. after 5 minutes you could see it wasn't working. Nelson was way too isolated up top and all through the half was the same we didn't have 1 shot on target. to start the second half the same way was criminal. jakubiak should have been on in the first half never mind the 2nd. he came on at 2-0 down we go 2 up top and start to give them something to think about.

what did learn today?

hazard should be given a chance
loy is still off form
we need two up top
jakubiak needs to start
taiwo kidd and sibbald in midfield is too slow and small

if we win the next 3 we are in a decent place but that was like a Houston set up today we have them way too much respect and the game was out of reach before we did what we should have started with

Performances like that today will happen from now till end of the season, which I would take if it meant winning 3 on the bounce each time before it happens which would see us a good bit away from the relegation zone.  This season has been a write off, big rebuild ahead in the summer.

It has worked recently against Queens, Dundee Utd, Morton and Livi in the cup. I don't think losing out in a game against the biggest team int he league means they are, in general, too small. And as a 3 man midfield, they shouldnt really need loads of pace in there. 
did you see the game? they were largely anonymous. sibbald tried

No I didnt, and I take your point, but that midfield have turned int he best performances of our season, and not just by ba wee bit. The only times we have done anything good, its been those 3
don't disagree with that however we knew what we were up against today and felt we should have set up differently. after 5 minutes s we all knew it. we had to watch an hour or so without any pressure or shots on target. or shots. as someone just posted they absolutely bossed us at their back and middle it was like a training game for them

Think we just need to try to put this behind us and move on. We were never going to go through the rest of the season without defeat and this was probably a game that we could count on it going wrong as Livi are a well organised and streetwise group. Indeed Lee Miller was a very good addition to their squad in this respect.

Nobody really got pass marks although Sibbs was possibly a wee bit less shite than the rest. Thomson, Grant, McGhee and Kidd were really poor however and Robson and Nelson probably had their worst games for us so far! Can't really criticize the subs too much I suppose and I thought Loy actually looked interested when he came on.

We need to change it for Tuesday and I'd be tempted to drop Kidd and play Loy up front with Nelson.

Archived