Ayr vs Alloa

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Flip side of that is the three dropped at Stranraer the week before looks fucking horrendous as a shambles of an EF side win 2-0.

Agreed with you there I thought it was a really poor result and to be honest would have been happy to even get a draw  at the end of the day. 

6 minutes ago, Big Berk said:

It seems our point at the Recs last week wasnt as bad as it looked.

Was surprised that some Raith fans thought it was a bad result. I know you would have hoped to win, but we were stuffy enough in the first half of the season  (you needed a late goal to get a point in August) when our attacking options weren't that strong. With the new players we look considerably stronger in attack. A point wasn't a bad result for you. Certainly not comparable to losing to Stranraer after they punted half their team.

Excellent result today and always enjoyable to win at the home of our hated rivals Ayr United. 

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Flip side of that is the three dropped at Stranraer the week before looks fucking horrendous as a shambles of an EF side win 2-0.

Tho we played a bit better a last week against a better side than at Stair Park

Absolute embarrassing and diabolical. Third league home game in a row we've lost to a pub team and got dominated. Somerset Sieve we play at cause it certainly ain't a fortress.

Do we not work on set piece defending or communication in training, seems we just focus on the tipi tapi stuff at the back with no plan B.

We don't fucking deserve to win this league even if we but i don't think we will.

End of rant.

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I hear Ayr had a goal chalked off in the final few minutes and it was never a foul on the keeper. Please tell me it was at the Somerset Road end?

No it was at the railway end. Looked like the keeper dropped the ball,  but hey we were still utter shite.  Alloa very much deserved the points today.  The played a 4-4-1-1 formation while we played that 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1  where everyone just runs about the park not knowing what to do.  

We are an utter shite particularly at home. Raith are also shite but not as shite as us.

Raith will be 8 points clear by the time we play our next league match. They have Albion Rovers on Tuesday night and Airdrie on Saturday both at home where they have only dropped two points (against us). Leagues gone. 

14 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

We are an utter shite particularly at home. Raith are also shite but not as shite as us.

Raith will be 8 points clear by the time we play our next league match. They have Albion Rovers on Tuesday night and Airdrie on Saturday both at home where they have only dropped two points (against us). Leagues gone. 

Now that we've got Zanatta back from Hearts and Fortado has settled in (apparently he was a standout today) we're much less shite now. We're back to having a goal threat again and we've still Benedictus and McHattie to return to bolster the defence.

Quite surprised the gate for this. My mate said it was only about 1100. I know you'll get only a few dozen Alloa fans but I'd have expected more Ayr fans. Nobody seems to want to take this title race by the scruff of the neck. Completely the opposite of the last time we won this league where both teams were ridiculously consistent.

Archived