Ayr vs Alloa

Tough game here but we’re getting closer to a full squad. Bell back from suspension so I’d put him in for Adams.

Ruddy

Geggan

Reid

Rose

Boyle

McDaid

Kerr

Bell

Forrest

Moffat

Shankland

I’d take any sort of victory especially since Raith are away at QP and the way they’re playing anything could happen.

2-1 Ayr

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ruddy 

Fergusson Reid Rose Boyle 

McDaid Kerr Bell Forrest

Moore Shankland 

Subs: Hart, Geggan, Adams, Faulds, McCowan McGuffie, Moffat

Cant see him changing the back 4, going by his interview he doesn’t think Geggan is ready to start either so I fancy Bell for Adams to be the only change. Need to start quickly and get an early go, really think we can go on another run now. 3-1 with Moore, Shankland and Bell getting the goals. We go 3 points clear when Raith only muster a 1-1 draw at QP....

Ruddy 
Fergusson Reid Rose Boyle 
McDaid Kerr Bell Forrest
Moore Shankland 
Subs: Hart, Geggan, Adams, Faulds, McCowan McGuffie, Moffat
Cant see him changing the back 4, going by his interview he doesn’t think Geggan is ready to start either so I fancy Bell for Adams to be the only change. Need to start quickly and get an early go, really think we can go on another run now. 3-1 with Moore, Shankland and Bell getting the goals. We go 3 points clear when Raith only muster a 1-1 draw at QP....

Do you really think he’ll go with Moore and Shankland again instead of Moffat.

For me the two out and out strikers together don’t work and Moffat is one of the first names on the team sheet for me.

1 minute ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Do you really think he’ll go with Moore and Shankland again instead of Moffat.

For me the two out and out strikers together don’t work and Moffat is one of the first names on the team sheet for me.

Moore scoring again, don’t think he’ll feel he can drop him and can’t see him dropping Shankland. Very unfair to drop Moore if he does. Interesting to see what he does.

Moore scoring again, don’t think he’ll feel he can drop him and can’t see him dropping Shankland. Very unfair to drop Moore if he does. Interesting to see what he does.

What kind of goal did he score today?

A lot of his goals this season have come late on against opposition who were stretched and pushing to score.

I've not seen that much but moffat seems to create so much more. And he can finish.

Going to be a very tough game and that showed in the first game with a 94th minute equaliser and also taking a last minute winner to beat them up there.

We're going to have to make sure we're solid at the back which we've been far from recently at home and also ruthless at the other end unless we'll drop points.

Think we'll be good though and win 3-1, the wait for a clean sheet will continue...

I think Moore should start, nothing more frustrating for a striker than getting a chance to prove themselves, scoring a goal, and still being benched the next week. We have an embarrassment of wealth in attack for a team at this level, but we need to ensure that we keep them all happy.

Been 2 tough games v Alloa so far - strangely enough i came away from the 3-3 home game feeling we had done more than enough to win it, and felt we robbed them a wee bit in the 2-1 away game!

Hopefully get a win here - really need to sort the home league form.

Been 2 tough games v Alloa so far - strangely enough i came away from the 3-3 home game feeling we had done more than enough to win it, and felt we robbed them a wee bit in the 2-1 away game!

Hopefully get a win here - really need to sort the home league form.

We should have won the first game pretty comfortably. Created plenty of chances and Alloa were incorrectly awarded a penalty.

The game up there was more even.

A win here is crucial considering Raith will most likely go above us the following week when we are playing in the SC.

You can park on the street along the side of the park ( Somerset Road ) get there before 2.30 and you will be guaranteed a space , if not park in Craigie Park , drive past racecourse turn left at lights drive about 500 yards  and Craigie Park is directly on your right hand side 2 mins walk to park

20 hours ago, somerset_lad00 said:

We should have won the first game pretty comfortably. Created plenty of chances and Alloa were incorrectly awarded a penalty.

The game up there was more even.

A win here is crucial considering Raith will most likely go above us the following week when we are playing in the SC.

Agreed.

However, I think Alloa Athletic will be a team to reckon with throughout the season and have quite " a say" in where the title goes.

No sure things in this league...as we all know!!

Mon the Wasps!!    :unsure:

The away game at Alloa was the one Geggan and Crawford got injured in the space of about 60 seconds.  Thought Alloa would kick us off the park after that, but didn't happen.  The 3-3 draw was a bit of a nonsense.  A phantom penalty and our usual defensive keystone coppery.

Expecting a really tough game here. Our home form hasn’t been great and Alloa are a good side who have recruited well in January and I fully expect them to be in the playoffs come the end of the season. 

With Bell coming back from suspension and Geggan back fit McCall has a few section headaches for the first time in a few weeks. Who will start at right back? Ferguson or Geggan? Will Bell come straight back into the team? Will Shankland and Moore start upfront again after Moffat was surprisingly dropped on Saturday? Personally I’d go:

Ruddy

Ferguson

Reid

Rose

Boyle

McDaid

Kerr

Bell

Forrest

Moore

Shankland

Subs: Hart, Geggan, Adams, McGuffie, Moffat, Gilmour*, Murphy 

*may leave before Saturday. 

i’ll go for a high scoring 3-2 win for Ayr. Moore with 2 and Shankland with the other. 

Archived