Saughton game off!!!!

Let’s not kid on that this is a new problem. Every season they are cramming games in, and every season the EOS league decide that the final matches should be a winner takes all between the top 2.

i have sympathy with LTHVs players, but none for the club. Over the years they have accumulated additional funds through Scottish Cup success and this has gone on players signing fees (£2k for many), hence why they’ve always had a strong team. At some point money should have been invested into playing facilities rather than blaming everyone else for making them play x games in y days.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Saughton used to be a great pitch years ago but it's in some state now. Who is the prime tennant, Lothian or Tynecastle? Don't think it's sustainable them sharing unless it goes 3g

Prime tennant is Lothian. There is talk that they can’t go 3G due to other sports being played, but here’s hoping a resolution can be reached on 3G that suits all parties. 

3 hours ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

Prime tennant is Lothian. There is talk that they can’t go 3G due to other sports being played, but here’s hoping a resolution can be reached on 3G that suits all parties. 

That's right, javelin,  so it can't be changed. 

Saughton belongs to Edinburgh Council though, and is primarily an athletics location that football happens to use so not really for the javelin to be banned from the place. Although there must be alternative methods since the new Meadowbank will have an artificial pitch.

2 hours ago, true_rover said:

Saughton belongs to Edinburgh Council though, and is primarily an athletics location that football happens to use so not really for the javelin to be banned from the place. Although there must be alternative methods since the new Meadowbank will have an artificial pitch.

New Meadowbank is to have a separate area for throwing sports. 

1 minute ago, rigano said:

Game is off. I think from what I've read tynecastle may be refusing to switch both Monday and tonight's game. 

The next few weeks will be interesting.  Is there a precedent for a team not being able to fulfill fixtures?

3 hours ago, true_rover said:

Yeah I spoke to my mate who's a keen runner and he said there are alternative venues in edinburgh for most sports but like you say, it's not just a football ground. Facilities are a long standing issue for hutchie at all age groups and don't see this being resolved anytime soon. Not sure lowland league would put up with it... 

2 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

The next few weeks will be interesting.  Is there a precedent for a team not being able to fulfill fixtures?

I can't think of one but I think there's enough time between now and play offs... They will have to have back up astro facilities in place for remaining games I would imagine. 

7 minutes ago, rigano said:

I can't think of one but I think there's enough time between now and play offs... They will have to have back up astro facilities in place for remaining games I would imagine. 

Agreed ! I find it strange that they have not been able to find alternatives already though.  Would have thought all parties would be keen to get the games played.  Would hate to see any unfulfilled fixtures play a part in the run in.

How many postponements are a team allowed? What would happen if LTHV couldn't finish the season in time?

Got to wonder about their apparent application for a license.  It could easily cause chaos if they were promoted to the Lowland League and were still sharing Saughton with Tynecastle.  Even if Tynecastle left it still seems like they'd have big problems.  Can't imagine how they could get through a 30 game league season plus cups. 

They are clearly far too good for the EoS on the pitch and it would be a bad situation if they blocked other team's getting promoted if they win the league but hard to justify them getting a licence and potential promotion under the current circumstances.

7:

Sat 14 Apr        Leith (H)
Mon 16 Apr     Burntisland (H)
Wed 18 Apr     Eyemouth (H)
Sat 21 Apr         Kelty (H)
Mon 23 Apr     Tynecastle (H)
Wed 25 Apr     Tynecastle (A)
Sat 28 Apr         Kelty (A)

35 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

7:

Sat 14 Apr        Leith (H)
Mon 16 Apr     Burntisland (H)
Wed 18 Apr     Eyemouth (H)
Sat 21 Apr         Kelty (H)
Mon 23 Apr     Tynecastle (H)
Wed 25 Apr     Tynecastle (A)
Sat 28 Apr         Kelty (H)

One of those Kelty games will be at Kelty?  That is a heavy fixture list!!

Archived