Edinburgh Bars

Cumdog35

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Not a fan of the Golf Tavern to be fair. Always seem to have the music turned up to 11 meaning you can’t hear the guy next to you.

Did the guy next to you insist on having the music turned up?

Yes, that's what i feared.  I've been invited for some birthday beers and to watch the rugby. 

It will actually be alright for the rugby, just full of wallopers a lot of the time and you will likely get in a fight.

Heading up to Edinburgh on Friday for a couple of night for my stag do*. Only been up a couple of times so looking forward to it. Will need to stay clear of the pretentious studenty type bars though.

Best area for big groups?

*Not that type of stag doo. We won't all be wearing the same wanky t-shirts. I won't be dressing up and we won't be acting like absolute wankers

Edited by Mallo_Madrid

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

It will actually be alright for the rugby, just full of wallopers a lot of the time and you will likely get in a fight.

guaranteed and it'll be with my wife when I turn up for the birthday meal later on and can't even bite my fingernails!

Heading up to Edinburgh on Friday for a couple of night for my stag do*. Only been up a couple of times so looking forward to it. Will need to stay clear of the pretentious studenty type bars though.
Best area for big groups?

*Not that type of stag doo. We won't all be wearing the same wanky t-shirts. I won't be dressing up and we won't be acting like absolute wankers

^^^

IMG_1517232544.592890.jpg

7 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Grassmarket/Cowgate and Rose St probably best for a stag do. Could do a tour of Leith Walk bottom to top (no Grimbo) but your mates would probably rather be more central.

I'll maybe suggest Leith Walk on the Friday then, there's only about 8 of us. The rest come up Saturday morning.

Are the bouncers as wanky as they are in Glasgow with regards to letting big groups in or do we need to be breaking up into smaller ones.

Should be fine with a big group in Grassmarket, they make their money at weekends from stag/hens and tourists.  Best splitting up the group as much as possible though, not many places want big groups of guys in their pubs generally which is understandable.

Edited by Boostin' Kev

I'll maybe suggest Leith Walk on the Friday then, there's only about 8 of us. The rest come up Saturday morning.
Are the bouncers as wanky as they are in Glasgow with regards to letting big groups in or do we need to be breaking up into smaller ones.

Bouncers are absolute wankers everywhere in the world I’m afraid.

1 hour ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

I’ve seen this mentioned on here a couple of times but have never encountered such an issue in Glasgow. No idea what counts as a ‘big group’ but have been out in Glasgow countless times in a group of between 10 - 15 guys and never had any bouncer blocks whereas Edinburgh it seems if there’s even as much as 5 guys the bouncers turn you away.

That's a good plan, get a bus down Leith Walk and work your way back up, more pubs than you'll need and should be fine for bouncers. Grassmarket is best for the next night when there's loads of you. You'll have a better night Friday.

4 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I’ve seen this mentioned on here a couple of times but have never encountered such an issue in Glasgow. No idea what counts as a ‘big group’ but have been out in Glasgow countless times in a group of between 10 - 15 guys and never had any bouncer blocks whereas Edinburgh it seems if there’s even as much as 5 guys the bouncers turn you away.

Been out in Glasgow loads. We've been in groups of 4 in  and been turned away stone cold sober. Have also had nights where we've had no problems either but tends to be at least one establishment you'll get turned away from on a night out.