Edinburgh Bars

Cumdog35

The Hanging bat is that pretentious it doesn’t even sell Tennents!

Then I hope it burns to the fucking ground.

It has a bar downstairs though so who cares what’s going on upstairs?

You obviously haven’t been tjete and are just saying this in an attempt to win an argument.

Calling him tjete sounds pretty racist tbh

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

There’s one of them just up the road from the PH, on Telford road.

Is that road a 40 or a 30?   Was close to being snapped by the speed camera.  

Best area for drinking in Edinburgh imo is around Waverley station.   Exit to Market street into the Doric, Hebs, Malt Shovel, Jiggling Geordie, Scotsman etc.   Hundreds of vennel based pubs just off tucked off the beaten track.  

Is that road a 40 or a 30?   Was close to being snapped by the speed camera.  

Best area for drinking in Edinburgh imo is around Waverley station.   Exit to Market street into the Doric, Hebs, Malt Shovel, Jiggling Geordie, Scotsman etc.   Hundreds of vennel based pubs just off tucked off the beaten track.  

I’m pretty sure it’s a 40 but I’m not sure. It’s always busy when I drive that way so speeding is never an issue. The roundabout there is absolutely murder though, no one ever indicates!

3 hours ago, Cumdog35 said:

It is rare that I venture into the city centre these days other than to watch the cabbage but I am heading up tonight and looking for suggestions of good bars, preferably no old man pubs..

I'll give you a few suggestions to divert this away from another Throbber wants attention thread.

Brewhemia and Bourbon aren't bad and there are a few places like Panda & Sons and Bryant & Mack Private Detectives are worth a visit if you are doing cocktails.

6 hours ago, Cumdog35 said:

It is rare that I venture into the city centre these days other than to watch the cabbage but I am heading up tonight and looking for suggestions of good bars, preferably no old man pubs..

I'm a bit lazy and rarely leave Leith these days but when in the centre on Saturday night I'd go to Bramble or 99 Hanover St. 

Head down the grass market, get steaming, job done.

18 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Right in August eh will be in Edinburgh for the military tattoo. What pubs near the castle or walking distance are good bet to go to ?

The vending machine in Waverley sells Irn-Bru.   

13 hours ago, gannonball said:

Who schedules shots in on a night out?

A f*cking gimp is the answer.

just to clarify: 

shots in edinburgh pubs: spirits based drinks served in small glasses usually downed quickly. 

shots in glasgow pubs: bullets fired by locals at other locals who are usually downed quickly. 

On 1/27/2018 at 10:40, throbber said:

The most pretentious wanky pub has got to be the Hanging Bat on Lothian Road.

I think I've been in there.  Is that the one with the Real Betis flag pinned to the ceiling?

Edited by Highland Capital