Friendlies without team sheets

quickoverayard

on Thursday night i witnessed the most shocking display of behaviour from a player which made me question a lot about the game.

I was down in east lothian watching an amateur game in musselburgh Barca Milton ( LEAFA ) v Tranent sunday team and what was a decent watch was ruined by the most cowardly act i have ever seen. The game in the first half was played in good spirit, no bad tackles , no aguements just a game of football. About an our in the tranent left back went through the Barca Milton player in what was a shocking tackle and probably a booking, right mid got up and started having a go at the left back, started throwing punches at him and everyone got involved and it was a big scuffle and what i seen next was horrid. The Barca Milton sub ( Darren someone ) ran over to the left back who was on the floor as he was pushed over and kicked him as hard as he could from about a 10 yard run up in the head. This is not only extremely dangerous its an act of a coward. In my opinion this man should never be allowed on a football park again and if i was the manager of his club he would be out on his arse.

I spoke to the ref afyer it and he said nothing could be done as there were no team sheets, so my questions are....

1, should games be allowed to go ahead of both teams cant display team sheets?

2, would you allow a player back at your ckub if he had kicked someone in the head during a game?

Here in the North East grass roots (amateur and youth) friendlies have to be sanctioned by the relevant association and team lines are expected. That's not to say it always happens. If the same procedure applies in your area then it reflects badly on the teams and referee involved and they should be sanctioned. However, the  situation you describe really should go beyond the referee and association - for something like that the police really should be involved.

Any referee who accepts a game without team sheets deserves all he gets.

It's drummed into them right from the start of training.

All reputable leagues will insist any of their member clubs are well aware of the correct procedures.

What happened in this game clearly demonstrates why this is needed.

I got caught out myself many years ago when I first became a ref and learned a very quick lesson.

The offending player may not even be a signed player at all, no one will be able to prove it now.

He maybe has history of this behaviour and has been banned from the game, who knows.

Officially, the game did not take place.

Hope both teams and the ref get hammered by their respective associations.

If I was the victim of this assault I would be contacting the police.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Any referee who accepts a game without team sheets deserves all he gets.

Let's be clear that the referee and teams are all culpable here. The teams should have sought permission and provided team sheets - without these the referee should not have gone ahead with the game. I'm sure that this is far from a one off, these informal friendlies happen all the time. This scenario is a very good example of why rules have to be in place and followed. 

Whata happens if the guy who was kicked in the head god forbid is injured then the insurance is null and void therefore 1man is wholly responsible and should not have done the game als both secretarys must sgoulder some of the blame to but the coward who kicked thw boy in the head should be locked up as therea no place for that in the game 

These 'unauthorised friendlies take place all the time. 99% of these pass with no incidents. Unfortunately this incident shows the need for the rules and the importance of them being upheld. Yeah the ref maybe knew that teamlines and a permit were needed but maybe the teams told him otherwise, all leagues are different and have different rules after all. Hopefully the boy is ok and the clown that thought he was a hard man gets dealt with by the authorities within and out with football.
Hopefully lessons are learned by all parties and such unfortunate incidents don't happen again

I thought team sheets had to be on place for reasons like this. Ibe spoke to my mates who play for the sunday team and turns out the wee lad who was kicked in the head suffered a massive head injury as a teenager and was lucky to be alive. The lad who done this needs outed like.

On 26/01/2018 at 07:13, The chassis said:

If there was no team sheets then they haven’t went through the right procedures to have a friendly then unless it’s different rules in different associations,therefore I think the two teams and ref can get fucked

Exactly the cowboy just wants his 40 quid and fuk everything else. Should be reported to his association. Teams at fault as well. We would never agree to a friendly without submitting teamlines and also having a copy of who is on that park from other team.

Out the ref knob and barca darren knob!

Name names!

• 6 months later...

Although the referee should have insisted on team lines he hasn’t hurt anyone. Did he do his best to deal with the situation at the time? Most likely  

The players are are the ones at fault but the majority of comments are about the referee? 

Players, club officials need to take responsibility for their actions. 

It’s a game between two leafa clubs so team lines should have been completed without question.   My point is the focus on the referee in the bulk of the comments.

The substitute is the main culprit not the referee.  

41 minutes ago, Foodman said:

It’s a game between two leafa clubs so team lines should have been completed without question.   My point is the focus on the referee in the bulk of the comments.

The substitute is the main culprit not the referee.  

A couldn't agree more m8 but ultimately the east target the ref gets the blame if he had insisted on team lines in the 1st place and had they not materialised then no game no injuries is my point

Archived