Misfiring Aberdeen v Killie juggernaut by SSC

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Kneetrembler said:

Mulumbu is some player. He's industrious, tenacious, brave and very good on the ball. He easily got the better of Shinnie today, its wasn't even much of a contest. Kilmarnock are lucky to have him. 

I agree, I thought he looked a class above the rest of the Kilmarnock players, and indeed looked on top of Shinnie (which is no mean feat).

Also think it is fair to give credit to Ball, who I thought was solid, and on occasion dominant.

In fact, on the basis of today's game; and the fact Considine is a catastrophy, I think Shinnie needs to move permanently to left back. In fact, that's not on the basis of today's game...that's just common knowledge.

Mulumbu is some player. He's industrious, tenacious, brave and very good on the ball. He easily got the better of Shinnie today, its wasn't even much of a contest. Kilmarnock are lucky to have him. 

That’s because he’s a £40K a week premiership player and we’re enjoying the short time we have with him.

Took in this as a neutral today.

Felt it was a decent game, albeit pretty baltic. Killie really had them worried in the first half, with the home fans starting to get on the player's backs before half time. Don't know if McInnes went through them at the break but Aberdeen were really good in the second half. They ran out comfortable winners in the end.

McKenna's goal is one the purest strikes I've ever seen live. It was in from the moment it left his boot. Incredible goal.

Aberdeen just have a lot of quality players. Rooney, McGinn, Shinnie, McLean etc. I think Shay Logan may be the most underrated of them all though. He's skilful, hard-working and makes a lot of good tackles at important times. Would far rather have someone like that than GMS, who totally flatters to deceive.

Boyd got tons of stick but he's very effective in his role. Jones and Mulumbu also impressed me. They like passing it around, although sometimes want too many touches and seemed afraid to have a shot at times. Definitely looked a side that should end up nowhere near the bottom two. Fans were noisy and seem to love Steve Clarke; rightly so.

Enjoyed that, second half more than the first obviously.

We were doing ok until we conceded territory and possession in the latter part of the first half. Not sure what caused it but we got really sloppy and gave a confident team encouragement which probably wasn’t the best idea. I liked that we had another couple of gears in the second half though.

First have very meh, but thought we really got a grip in the second. Nkwale seems like a Kanye type, constantly harrying folk. Oh to have had him on Wednesday night.

Impressed with Killie today - almost think if you had a striker who had a bit more to his game than sclaffy goals (holding it up, perhaps some pace) then you’d have a different dimension, similar to how I feel when we play Rooney away from home at times. Good pressure on us though, even straight after we equalised I thought Killie upped it too.

I agree, I thought he looked a class above the rest of the Kilmarnock players, and indeed looked on top of Shinnie (which is no mean feat).

Also think it is fair to give credit to Ball, who I thought was solid, and on occasion dominant.

In fact, on the basis of today's game; and the fact Considine is a catastrophy, I think Shinnie needs to move permanently to left back. In fact, that's not on the basis of today's game...that's just common knowledge.

I thought Shinnie was shite in the first half, not even sure it was to do with Mulumbu though. Giving it away cheaply, caught out of position etc.

Perhaps Mulumbu might be worth keeping an eye on. Think he’s exactly the type we’ve been missing, Nkwale notwithstanding.

8 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

I thought Shinnie was shite in the first half, not even sure it was to do with Mulumbu though. Giving it away cheaply, caught out of position etc.

Perhaps Mulumbu might be worth keeping an eye on. Think he’s exactly the type we’ve been missing, Nkwale notwithstanding.

I would say that it's because he's a left back. Everyone seems to realise that but McInnes...

I'd heard rumblings about Mulumbu being good via Sportscene etc so kept an eye on him today. He was very much a class above the rest of his teammates. Out of contract in the summer. We could do worse...

No team outwith Celtic could afford the wages Mulumbu would demand to sign a permanent deal.... He's only with us to put himself in the shop window & get match fit, doing SSC a favour at the same time.

I would say that it's because he's a left back. Everyone seems to realise that but McInnes...

I'd heard rumblings about Mulumbu being good via Sportscene etc so kept an eye on him today. He was very much a class above the rest of his teammates. Out of contract in the summer. We could do worse...

We’d lose something from the midfield if Shinnie wasn’t there, and Consi is generally ok against most of the teams in this league, albeit he had a couple of very shaky moments today.

6 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

We’d lose something from the midfield if Shinnie wasn’t there, and Consi is generally ok against most of the teams in this league, albeit he had a couple of very shaky moments today.

I'd say it's easier to find a good midfielder than a good left back. Considine being average enough for most teams in the league is an actual myth. Look back at all the goals we've conceeded this season; Considine is directly involved in about 80% of them.

That's not to say he's solely responsible, but with a decent left back we'd be conceeding more like 18-20 goals instead of 27.

Scott McKenna is having some season and his confidence has grown knowing that Hull was bidding for him. Would be good to see the likes of him, Lindsay and Souttar around the Scotland squad in March.

Great to have Niall McGinn back, was a long few months without a winger with real consistent threat.

Mulumbu absolutely ran things for Kilmarnock and if Steve Clarke could get him even longer, that would be immense.

Power for Erwin looks strange now but at the time, Clarke probably thought he had us on the ropes and that a second goal would finish us off. A McKenna inspired turnaround later and it looks silly.

Guest Moomintroll

Bugger I down dead, what a dig that was. Pretty sure that will be the best goal he will ever score, bit shit it had to be against us, where was that on Wednesday.

McKenna is rightly getting a lot of credit for that phenomenal goal but the McGinn one gets better every time I see it. The finish was spectacular but it's watching that breakaway, winning possession from a Killie attack and running half the length of the pitch, with McGinn using the other two attackers to get draw the defenders away just enough to get the space to shoot, and a spectacular shot at that. It's something we've really missed from our game this season. Having him back gives us a huge extra element to our play.

McKenna is rightly getting a lot of credit for that phenomenal goal but the McGinn one gets better every time I see it. The finish was spectacular but it's watching that breakaway, winning possession from a Killie attack and running half the length of the pitch, with McGinn using the other two attackers to get draw the defenders away just enough to get the space to shoot, and a spectacular shot at that. It's something we've really missed from our game this season. Having him back gives us a huge extra element to our play.

All bang on. Massive thing for me though was Mcginn’s crossing of the ball. We’ve missed that big time.
Feel the Dons are lucky to have him back.

Archived