Stand Up Comedy

JMDP

Went to see Australian comedian Tommy Little in his ‘Tommy Little Rapidly Ageing Fuckboy’ show at the Adelaide Fringe last night. He was very funny, great banter with the crowd and always good to have a good laugh. Only downside was that it was in a tent venue in The Garden of Unearthly Delights that was too close to some sideshow rides and the music from them was a fucking nuisance at times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last year I went to see Milton Jones at the music hall in Aberdeen and Gary delany at the Tivoli theatre also in Aberdeen. Both superb shows but I like that one liner / off the wall comedy they do. Previous year I saw Stewart Francis in Arbroath. Again another good show but the only downside was he had to ask the ushers to move out of his eyeline while he was doing the show as it was distracting him. Fair enough from a health and safety / fire precaution they had to be there but there were some spare seats so they could have sat down. I'm potentially looking at seeing tim vine later on in the year in Aberdeen as well.

Just purchased tickets for Ross Noble in November. Yet to see him live but understand he basically makes it up as he goes along? Watched him on some tv shows and he cracks me up so am looking forward to it. 

Anyone else seen him live? 

6 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Going to see this guy soon. I hear he does a great bit about how immigrants are ruining our country.

You just know "not for the easily offended" means there is lazy stereotypes of race, gender and sexual orientation.

47 minutes ago, 101 said:

You just know "not for the easily offended" means there is lazy stereotypes of race, gender and sexual orientation.

My mate tells me that a large part of this excellent, thoughtful, nuanced & well-researched show is a put-down of Sunak and Braverman and their destruction of this wonderful monarchy called Albion.

14 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Just purchased tickets for Ross Noble in November. Yet to see him live but understand he basically makes it up as he goes along? Watched him on some tv shows and he cracks me up so am looking forward to it. 

Anyone else seen him live? 

I did about 20 years ago. He was great. He did this routine about pigs being useless at espionage which I still refer to.

I hope he still has even half the energy he did then.

15 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Going to see this guy soon. I hear he does a great bit about how immigrants are ruining our country.

"Not for the easily offended" = we're going to be punching down tonight, lads.